On this page:
Definition of the noun NGWA
What does NGWA mean as a name of something?
- the name of a clan within the Igbo people of Nigeria
- The Ngwa, an Igbo group, constitute the largest and most populous sub-ethnicity, or clan, in southeastern Nigeria. They occupy an area of about 1,328 square kilometres, although some accounts read at least 2,300 km². In 1979, their population was held at an estimate of approximately 1.5 million people. Their ethnonym Ngwa is used to describe the people, their indigenous territory, and their native tongue. King Josaiah Ndubuisi Wachuku, who died on Friday 2 June 1950, was Eze, paramount chief and servant leader head of Ngwa people during British colonial times.
- also known as Ngwa people
- Ngwa a.k.a. Vengo Language: Vengo, or Babungo, is the Grassfields Bantu language of the Vengo people from the village of Babungo in the Cameroonian Grassfields. The spelling Bamungo is also often found.
- read more about Vengo Language
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ngwa
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Adelowo, E. Dada
Ngwa is a traditionally food producing area. As a result of being self-sufficient in food production, the people did not deem it necessary to struggle along with others especially those from soil impoverished areas who were forced by ...
Anthropological Report on the Ibo-speaking Peoples of Nigeria: English-Ibo and Ibo-English dictionary (1913)
by Northcote Whitridge Thomas
ngwa (0), quickly. ngwa ngwa, quick. figwako, ...
Siamese-English Dictionary (2009)
by Edward Michell
t (cha'ngwa') boundaries, intervals, bars, end of a rhyme, rhythm, ...
by Norman Hyne Ph.D.
National Ground Water Association (NGWA) (www. ngwa.org) National Institute for Petroleum ...
by Bobby A. Stewart, Terry Howell
ngwa.org/ www.ngwa.org/ www.interscience.wiley.com/ www.awra.org/ www. elsevier.com/ www.agu.org/ www.iaglr.org/ www.iahr.org/ www.pubs.asce.org/ ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ngwa
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Ngwa
Video shows what Ngwa means. the name of a clan within the Igbo people of Nigeria. Ngwa Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
Scrabble value of N1G2W4A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of NGWA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Ngwa!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Ngwa for some fun with words!