Noon is a palindrome (it reads the same backward as forward).
It also appears in the following palindromes:
- Sex at noon taxes.
- Dog sex at noon taxes God.
- Anal sex at noon taxes Lana.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun noon
- Phrases with Noon
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Noon
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Noon
- Photos about Noon
- Video language resources about Noon
- Sign language
- Quotes about Noon
- Scrabble value of N1O1O1N1
- Anagrams of NOON
- Share this page
Fun fact! The word "noon" is derived from the Latin for "ninth" ("novem"). It originally referred to the ninth hour of the Roman day -- 3pm.
The word noon is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun noon
What does noon mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: noons
- the middle of the day
- examples: You have to get this work finished by noon. | The meeting came to an end at noon. | We will get to Tokyo Station at noon. | We are to meet at noon. | We had hoped that the rain would stop before noon. | We will probably arrive at Tokyo station at noon. | It was nearly noon. | The bell rings at noon. | Betty will be able to come before noon. | Tom is due to come at noon.
- lexical domain: Time - nouns denoting time and temporal relations
- synonyms of noon: high noon / midday / noonday / noontide / twelve noon
- more generic terms: hour / time of day = clock time
- part of: 24-hour interval / day / mean solar day / solar day / twenty-four hour period / twenty-four hours = time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis
Alternative definition of the noun noon
- [obsolete] The ninth hour of the day counted from sunrise; around three o'clock in the afternoon.
- Time of day when the sun is in its zenith; twelve o'clock in the day, midday.
- The corresponding time in the middle of the night; midnight.
Who is Noon?
Noon is a pseudonym of Polish electronic musician and producer Mikołaj Bugajak. He was born in 1979 in Warsaw, Poland. He began his career with the team Grammatik with which in 1998 issued the first his album "EP".
- also known as Mikołaj Bugajak
- born in (36 years ago) in Poland
- member of musical group Grammatik
- genres: Chiptune, Electro, Trip hop
- albums: "Bleak Output", "Gry Studyjne EP", "Muzyka Poważna", "Muzyka klasyczna", "Pewne Sekwencje", "Strange Sound and Inconceivable Deeds"
- official website: asfalt.pl/noon.html
Phrases with Noon
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Noon
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Cantata of Love (2014)
A Verse by Verse Reading of The Song of Songs by Blaise Arminjon, S.J.
More precisely, for Origen, noon is the time when God, dispelling at last the obscure night of the faith, unveils to the soul all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge, in a rest which is that of eternal contemplation. It is the time when the sun of ...
The Nature of Consciousness (1997)
Philosophical Debates by Ned Joel Block, Owen J. Flanagan, Güven Güzeldere
Of course, there is a very similar string of events in which the crucial event at noon is a bit more intellectual.
by Anna Cabot Lowell
Apparent noon is the time when the sun comes to the ...
Grammardog Guide to Walden (2007)
by Mary Jane McKinney
The night is the winter, the morning and evening are the spring and fall, and the noon is the summer. The cracking and booming of the ice indicate a change of temperature. One pleasant morning after a cold night, February 24th, 1850, having ...
by Nevil MASKELYNE (Astronomer Royal.)
being always equal to the mean longitude of the sun: and as apparent noon is the instant of the true sun's coming to the meridian, ...
SPIRAL GRAINED \Noon is that in which the fibers take a more or less winding or spiral course, such as occurs in a twisted tree. It may be detected on the fiat grain (plain sawed or tangential) surface._ DIAGONAL Gunman \Noon is that, ...
PHILOSOPHICAL TRANSACTIONS (1774)
GIVING SOME ACCOUNT OF THE Present Undertakings, Studies, and Labours, OF THE INGENIOUS IN MANY Considerable Parts of the WORLD.
being always equal to the mean longitude of the sun; and as apparent noon is the instant of the true fun's coming to the meridian, so mean noon is the instant at which this fictitious planet would come to the meridian.
by John O'Neill
Aft/lar ent noon is the time when the sun comes to the meridian ; true or mean noon, is twelve o'clock by a watch, adjusted to go 24 hours in a mean solar day; and the difference between apparent and mean noon is the equation of time.
Modern Geography (1807)
A Description of the Empires, Kingdoms, States, and Colonies with the Oceans, Seas, and Isles in All Parts of the World Including the Most Recent Discoveries, and Political Alterations, Digested on a New Plan by John Pinkerton
Apparent noon is the time when the sun comes to the meridian ; true, or mean noon is 12 o'clock, by a watch adjusted to go 24 hours in a mean solar day. And the difference between apparent and mean noon is the equation of time. 33.
INVISIBLE ROADS (2011)
by Kenneth Lee
Noon is the hottest ...
More Than a Century of Recordings from Wax Cylinder to the Internet by Brian Wright-McLeod
High Noon— (Cree) Northern Style Lineup: Ted Noon, ...
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis]. (1839)
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
ui ai noon year eicewd. the мЦг, шом to Ufa daces too U33 yean; ami to much o« имам Wi ime to be back, with respect t.» ibedayi af **.**. heat fi-ea вШСе the time or" tlie Nicest rouirai m .1 >et* n some ...
by Victoria Gaydosik
Noon. (novel). 1940 Work Author: Arthur Koestler When this novel was published, it provided an explanation that the rest of the world could understand of the infamous Moscow purge trials. Inthe SovietUnion, which hadnot yet entirely ...
Including dimensionless numbers and scales by H. G. Jerrard
the noon position of the sun as it crosses the equator in March. A solar or tropical year (air.) is the average time for the sun to ...
by Elizabeth Webber, Mike Feinsilber
Hindenburg high noon The time of day when the sun is at its height, of course; and the most advanced,
High Noon tells the story of Will Kane, a marshal who stays to fight the vengeful bad guys, due to arrive in town at high noon. As the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Noon
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Noon
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: adactio
Mamiya C330, 55mm lens
Fuji Velvia 50 film
Photo credit: Abe Bingham
A bar in downtown Seattle.
This work is licensed under Creative Commons 2.0 Generic.
You are free to share and to remix with attribution.
Photo credit: modomatic
Photo credit: jk+too
Photo credit: Yoni Lerner
Photo credit: Lisa Anne Paul
Photo credit: sota-k
Photo credit: Robert Anders
Photo credit: jordanfischer
Photo credit: Catricorn
- Noon break...
Photo credit: Seth Capitulo
- MAY noon feather
Photo credit: JimsBack
- Till noon & beyond
Holga CFN 120
Kodak Portra 400
Mary likes sleeping.
Photo credit: Lomo-Cam
- Noon In Trinidad
Street and color in Trinidad, Cuba
Photo credit: bud ellison - from the street
- Noon, sky, and two building
Photo credit: jinsha369
- Sand Pool at Noon
Pool seen on Cleveleys Beach on Sunday
Photo credit: Clive Varley
- Noon Hill Cairn, Lancashire
Photo credit: darrenriley
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Noon
Click on an item to play that video:
- Free At Noon explanation
- Noon Meaning
Video shows what noon means. The ninth hour of the day counted from sunrise; around three o'clock in the afternoon.. Time of day when the sun is in its zenith; ...
- Noon - Vocabulary Builder 2 - ESL British English Pronunciation
- NOON'S SUN / KD'S INTERSTELLAR DEFINITION ( REMASTERED COLLECTION )
CHANGED DEFINITIONS PART 1 EP...
- Morning, noon and night Meaning
Video shows what morning, noon and night means. Constantly; ceaselessly; without stopping.. Morning, noon and night Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
- Noon - Same in any Language (INine cover OST Elizabethtown)
Noon - Same in any language (INine cover from OST Elizabethtown) recorded 29.12.12.
- Noon - Vocabulary Builder 2 - ESL British English Pronunciation
See also the pronunciation examples of Noon!
Classic Sesame Street animation- Day, morning, noon, night in sign language
The title tells all.
Quotes about Noon
time to cook
for my wife
got to fry
the fresh fish
warm the rice
the plate for
i have already
keep on writing
i am reading
your best poem (Ric S. Bastasa)
more quotes about noon...
Scrabble value of N1O1O1N1
The value of this 4-letter word is 4 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine