On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun nu
What does nu mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: nus
- the 13th letter of the Greek alphabet
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- more generic terms: alphabetic character / letter / letter of the alphabet = the conventional characters of the alphabet used to represent speech
- member of: Greek alphabet = the alphabet used by ancient Greeks
Definition of the adjective nu
What does nu mean as an attribute of a noun?
- [slang spelling] new
Other definitions of nu
What does nu also mean?
- [context: Jewish] An exclamation of surprise, emphasis, doubt, etc.
Nu a.k.a. Nicaragua, officially the Republic of Nicaragua, is the largest country in the Central American isthmus, bordering Honduras to the north and Costa Rica to the south. The country is situated between 11 and 14 degrees north of the Equator in the Northern Hemisphere, which places it entirely within the tropics. The Pacific Ocean lies to the west, and the Caribbean Sea to the east. The country's physical geography divides it into three major zones: Pacific lowlands; wet, cooler central highlands; and the Caribbean lowlands. On the Pacific side of the country are the two largest fresh water lakes in Central America—Lake Managua and Lake Nicaragua. Surrounding these lakes and extending to their northwest along the rift valley of the Gulf of Fonseca are fertile lowland plains, with soil highly enriched by ash from nearby volcanoes of the central highlands. Nicaragua's abundance of biologically significant and unique ecosystems contribute to Mesoamerica's designation as a biodiversity hotspot.
- also known as Republic of Nicaragua, República de Nicaragua
- founded on (193 years ago)
- part of North America, Latin America, Americas, Central America
- instance of: Central American country / Central American nation = any one of the countries occupying Central America
- part: capital of Nicaragua / Nicaraguan capital / Managua = the capital and largest city of Nicaragua
- member: Nicaraguan = a native or inhabitant of Nicaragua
- read more about Nicaragua (country)
- Nu a.k.a. Matt Grevers: Matthew Grevers is an American competition swimmer who competes in the backstroke and freestyle events, and is a six-time Olympic medalist. He has won a total of twenty-four medals in major international competition, twelve gold, nine silver, and three bronze spanning the Olympics, World Championships, and the Universiade. At the 2008 Summer Olympics, Grevers won gold medals as a member of the U.S. teams in the 4×100-meter freestyle and 4×100-meter medley relays, and a silver medal in the 100-meter backstroke. Four years later at the 2012 Summer Olympics, he won a gold in the 100-meter backstroke.
- read more about Matt Grevers
- Nu a.k.a. U Nu was a leading Burmese nationalist and political figure of the 20th century. He was the first Prime Minister of Burma under the provisions of the 1947 Constitution of the Union of Burma, from 4 January 1948 to 12 June 1956, again from 28 February 1957 to 28 October 1958, and finally from 4 April 1960 to 2 March 1962.
- read more about U Nu
- NU is a musician.
- also known as Rolf Fabian Laumer
- nationality: Germany
- profession: Musician
- album: "We Love the Sun"
- Nu a.k.a. Nuala Willis is an actress.
- read more about Nuala Willis (actress)
- Nu a.k.a. John Richardson is a film art director and production designer.
- read more about John Richardson
Nu a.k.a. Japan Transocean Air Co., Ltd., or JTA, is an airline based in Naha, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. It operates domestic services. Its main base is Naha Airport. From 1967 until 1993, the airline was known as Southwest Air Lines.
- official website: www.jal.co.jp/jta
- Nu is a fictional character from Thai sit-com Pentor.
- also known as เฉาก๊วย
- Nu is a fictional character from the 2000 drama film Vao Nam ra Bac.
- Nu is a fictional film character.
- Nu a.k.a. Khun Kla is a fictional character from the 2012 TV Series Buang.
- read more about Khun Kla
- "Nu" is a musical album of Allain Leprest.
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Nu" a.k.a. "Nu!" is a musical album of Apopocalyps.
- released in (23 years ago)
- "Nu" is a musical EP of Sr. Nadie.
- released in (6 years ago)
- "Nu" is a musical album of CN.
- released on
- "Nu" is a musical album of Lasse Tennander.
- released in (23 years ago)
- "NU" is a composition.
- "Nu" is a musical album of Robert Long.
- released on (18 years ago)
- "Nu" is a musical album of Pater Moeskroen.
- released in (9 years ago)
- "Nu" is a musical album of Page.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Nu" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Mikael Wiehe
- "Nu" is a musical album of Forfun.
- released on
- "NU" is a musical album of Edie.
- released in (11 years ago)
- "Nu" is a musical album of Big Fat Snake.
"Nu" a.k.a. "No" is a 1999 short film written and directed by Dragos-Bogdan Iuga.
- read more about No
- Nu, is the 13th letter of the Greek alphabet. In the system of Greek numerals it has a value of 50. It is derived from the Phoenician letter nun . Its Latin equivalent is N, though the lowercase resembles the Roman lowercase v.
- nu: .nu is the Internet country code top-level domain assigned to the island state of Niue. It was one of the first ccTLDs to be marketed to the Internet at large as an alternative to the gTLDs .com, .net, and .org. Playing on the phonetic similarity between nu and new, it was promoted as a "new" TLD in which there was an abundance of good domain names available.
- also known as .nu
- official website: www.nunames.nu
- Nu is an interpreted object-oriented programming language, with a Lisp-like syntax, created by Tim Burks as an alternative scripting language to program Mac OS X through its Cocoa application programming interface. Implementations also exist for Linux, and iPhone.
- official website: programming.nu
- Nu a.k.a. Anong Language: Nung, or Anong, is a Tibeto-Burman language spoken by the Nung people in Fugong County, China and Kachin State, Burma. The Anong language is related very closely to the Derung Rawang language and Northern Lisu language. Most of the Nung people in China have shifted to Lisu. In Myanmar, Anong is considered as one of the clans of the Lisu family, called nopha. the number of Anong speakers are decreasing year after year. The population of Anong people can't be easily known because they are mixed with the Lisu population. Only older people in this age can speak and write in Anong language. All the young generation use Lisu rather than Anong even at home. The majority of Anong speakers in Myanmar are found in Putao township and Myitgyina township in Kachin state. There are many other living in different cities such as Yangon, Khanti and Taunggy etc. But they couldn't use their language anymore. Instead they use Lisu. Therefore, Anong language is one of the endangered languages in the world. Besides in China and Myanmar, Anong people can also be found in Thailand and India. .
- read more about Anong Language
- Nu: Cuneiform sign nu is a common use syllabic, or alphabetic. It is restricted to "nu", but in the Epic of Gilgamesh, or elsewhere has a sumerogram use NU, and probably mostly for a component in personal names, god's names, or specialized names for specific items that use sumerograms.
- Nu is a Canadianrestaurant in Vancouver, Canada.
- part of British Columbia
- NU is a musical project, started in 2001 and based in Timişoara, România. Often called psych-drones, their sounds are a mixture between folk and electronics. Since then, toured Europe and began to work with Lollipopshop label.
- NU a.k.a. Unrankable Nationally: Unrankable NationallyCurrently unrankable due to lack of information or due to substantially conflicting information about status or trends.
- read more about Unrankable Nationally
Scrabble value of N1U1
The value of this 2-letter word is 2 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Nu to learn how to say it correctly!