The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun null:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun null
- Definition of the adjective null
- Definition of the verb null
- Phrases with Null
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Null
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Null
- Photos about Null
- Video language resources about Null
- Scrabble value of N1U1L1L1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun null
What does null mean as a name of something?
- a quantity of no importance
- lexical domain: Quantities - nouns denoting quantities and units of measure
- synonyms of null: aught / cipher / cypher / goose egg / nada / naught / nil / nix / nothing / zero / zilch / zip / zippo
- more generic term: relative quantity = a quantity relative to some purpose
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun null
- A non-existent or empty value or set of values.
- Zero quantity of expressions; nothing.
- [computing] the ASCII or Unicode character ([unicode, ␀]), represented by a zero value, that indicates no character and is sometimes used as a string terminator.
- [computing] the attribute of an entity that has no valid value.
Definition of the adjective null
What does null mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- lacking any legal or binding force
Alternative definition of the adjective null
- Having no legal validity, "null and void"
- See insignificant.
- absent or non-existent
- [mathematics] of the null set
- [mathematics] of or comprising a value of precisely zero
- [context: genetics, of a mutation] causing a complete loss of gene function, amorphic.
Definition of the verb null
What does null mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: nulled | nulling | nulls
- [transitive] to nullify
Null, called also Null the Living Darkness, is a fictional character in the Marvel Universe.
- "Null" is a 2010 short film directed by Amanda Micheli.
- "Null" is a film, directed by Jong-geum Mun.
- "Null" a.k.a. "( NULL )" is a short film, directed by Michael Lange & David Gesslbauer.
- country: Germany
- genre: Experimental film
- released in
- "Null" is a Foetus EP released in 1995 by Big Cat in the UK. Null acts as a De facto single for "Verklemmt," released on Gash. Promotional copies of Null were distributed by Sony/Columbia in the US, but the EP had no official US release. Null was later rereleased as half of the Null/Void double-CDEP set.
- "Null" is the first EP by the American post-metal band Intronaut. It was released in 2006 on Goodfellow Records.
- "Null" is a musical EP of Krovo.
- released on
- "Null" is a musical album of Five Seconds Expired.
- released in (19 years ago)
- "Null" is a musical album of Spherical Disrupted.
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Null" a.k.a. "==null" is a musical EP of Access to Arasaka.
- released on (4 years ago)
Who is Null?
null: Alvin Jhet Bunnol is the 3rd and incumbent SK Chairman of Brookspoint Barangay, Aurora Hill, Baguio City. After winning in the election, Bunnol decided to run for a position in the SK Federation of Baguio City where he successfully won as the SK Federation PRO. He is the Chairman for the Committee on Tourism and Special Events on December 6,2007. All of his running mates in the Barangay level had won all the seats in the SK Brookspoint Council.
NULL is a musical group.
- albums: "Coffee Shop Folk, Volume 2", "Daveon Overton", "For Mother's Day", "The Complete Wedding Album", "Ultimate Material III"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Country Music Association Award for Vocal Group of the Year
- nominated to Country Music Association Award for Vocal Group of the Year
- Null is a special marker used in Structured Query Language to indicate that a data value does not exist in the database. Introduced by the creator of the relational database model, E. F. Codd, SQL Null serves to fulfill the requirement that all true relational database management systems support a representation of "missing information and inapplicable information". Codd also introduced the use of the lowercase Greek omega symbol to represent Null in database theory. NULL is also an SQL reserved keyword used to identify the Null special marker.
- Null: In physics a null is a point in a field where the field quantity is zero as the result of two or more opposing quantities completely cancelling each other. The field may be scalar, vector or tensor in nature. Common situations where nulls arise are in the polar patterns of microphones and antennae, and nulls caused by reflections of waves.
- Null: In radio electronics, a null is an area or vector in an antenna's radiation pattern where the signal cancels out almost entirely.
Phrases with Null
Phrases starting with the word Null:
- null set
- Null sign
- Null modem
- null space
- Null Pointer
- Null Anaphora
- Null and Void
- Null Infinity
- Null character
- Null Recurrent
- Null hypothesis
- Null Persistent
- Null Recurrence
- Null Path Length
- Null-subject language
Phrases ending with the word Null:
Other phrase containing the word Null:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Null
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Beginning C# 3.0 (2008)
An Introduction to Object Oriented Programming by Jack Purdum
(The word null means the variable has nothing useful currently stored in it.) What you have at this point is a cookie cutter named myFriend just waiting around at memory address 800,000 for something useful to happen. Things start to happen ...
by Yadolah Dodge
It is the alternative hypothesis that will be accepted if the test leads to rejecting the null hypothesis. HISTORY See hypothesis and hypothesis testing. MATHEMATICAL ASPECTS Duringthefulfillmentofhypothesistesting on a parameter of a ...
by Neil J. Salkind
Typically, three independent NHST procedures would then be carried out, entailing three null hypothesis–alternative hypothesis pairings. They are as follows: 1. For the set size main effect: H0 : Averaged over the two test-digit contrasts, there ...
Dictionary of Psychology (2014)
by Mike Cardwell
null hypothesis: a statement that attributes the results obtained within a research investigation to chance (e.g. ...
Encyclopaedia of Occupational Health and Safety: The body, health care, management and policy, tools and approaches (1998)
by Jeanne Mager Stellman
The statistical hypothesis is called the null hypothesis. The second step involves specifying a value for the parameter of that probability distribution used to model the variability in the observations. In our examples, since the phenomenon is ...
The Mathematics Dictionary (1992)
by R.C. James, Glenn James
null hypothesis. See below, test of a hypothesis. parametric hypothesis. (Statistics ) A hypothesis that assumes a specific type of distribution for a random ...
A Reference for the Education of Children, Adolescents, and Adults with Disabilities and Other Exceptional Individuals by Cecil R. Reynolds, Elaine Fletcher-Janzen
versus a null hypothesis (H0). According to Kirk (1984), the “ statistical hypothesis is a statement about one or more parameters of a population ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Null
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Null
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Null
Click on an item to play that video:
- Definition of null sequence
- Null Meaning
Video shows what null means. A non-existent or empty value or set of values.. Zero quantity of expressions; nothing.. Something that has no force or meaning..
- Definition of null sequence example 2
Show that a sequence is null by definition based on David Brannan's text. Example 2.
- Null path length Meaning
Video shows what null path length means. The path length from a given node to its nearest descendant null node in a binary tree.. Null path length Meaning.
- Baby Fish eggroll + rocketpower explanation + Null master's back
- Alternative Text Description: Null Alt Text
- SQL-Structured Query Language Tutorial NULL Values in SQL Training Lesson 2.8
Learn about NULL Values in SQL- Structured Query Language at...
- Description null
- Null check description
View more videos about Dev/null, Null set, Null modem, Null Pointer, Null Anaphora, Null and Void, Null Infinity, Null character, Null Recurrent, Null hypothesis, Null Persistent, and Null Recurrence.
See also the pronunciation examples of Null!
Scrabble value of N1U1L1L1
The value of this 4-letter word is 4 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine