On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun oca
What does oca mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: ocas
- South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Oxalis crenata / Acetosella crassicaulis / species Acetosella crassicaulis / Acetosella crenata / species Acetosella crenata / Acetosella tuberosa / species Acetosella tuberosa / Oxalis aracatcha / species Oxalis aracatcha / Oxalis arracacha / species Oxalis arracacha / Oxalis chicligastensis / species Oxalis chicligastensis / Oxalis crassicaulis / species Oxalis crassicaulis / species Oxalis crenata / Oxalis melilotoides argentina / variety Oxalis melilotoides argentina / Xanthoxalis crassicaulis / species Xanthoxalis crassicaulis / Xanthoxalis tuberosa / species Xanthoxalis tuberosa / Oxalis tuberosa
- synonym of oca: oka
- more generic terms: oxalis / sorrel / wood sorrel = any plant or flower of the genus Oxalis
Alternative definition of the noun oca
- A Peruvian name for certain species of Oxalis (O. crenata, and O. tuberosa) which bear edible tubers.
- The Oca river is a short river, about 70 kilometres long, in the north of Spain. It is an affluent of the Ebro river that flows through the province of Burgos. It begins in the Sistema Ibérico range and flows north through the municipalities of Rábanos, Villafranca Montes de Oca, Valle de Oca, Alcocero de Mola, Prádanos de Bureba, Briviesca, Vileña, the shire of Bureba and Oña.
- Oca a.k.a. Ocean Reef Club Airport is a private-use airport located 1.15 miles northeast of the central business district of the island of Key Largo in Monroe County, Florida, United States. The airport is privately owned.
- part of Monroe County, 33037, Florida Keys
- official website: www.oceanreef.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=aboutus.airport&x=9331406
- OCA a.k.a. Côte d'Azur Observatory is an Astronomical Observatory in Alpes-Maritimes.
- read more about Côte d'Azur Observatory
Who is Oca?
Oca a.k.a. Oscar Obligacion was a Filipino comedian. He was known as Pantarorong and Kumang.
- read more about Oscar Obligacion (comedian)
- Oca is a fictional character from the 2008 film My Big Love.
- Oca is a fictional character from the 2001 film The Life of Rosa.
- Oca is a fictional character from the 2007 film Katas Ng Saudi.
- Oca is a fictional character from the 2001 film Tuhog.
"Oca" is a 2010 Slovenian drama film directed by Vlado Škafar.
- also known as Daddy, Papa, Dad
- country: Slovenia
- language: Slovene language
- producer: Frenk Celarc
- production design by Zoran Grabarac
- written by Vlado Škafar
- cinematography by Marko Brdar
- edited by Vlado Škafar & Jurij Moškon
- genre: Drama
- released in (5 years ago)
- Oca a.k.a. Ocaina Language: Ocaina is an indigenous American language spoken in western South America.
- also known as Okaina, Ocaina
- Oca is a file format.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Oca
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Comprising Definitions of All the Terms Employed in Mathematics, [etc.]
Thus OCA is a right angled spherical triangle, AOC is an acute angled spherical triangle, and COB an obtuse angled spherical triangle. H Diedral Angle is the angular space lying between two planes which meet each other, the space between ...
Voyage of the U.S. Exploring Squadron, Commanded by Captain Charles Wilkes, of the United States Navy, in 1838, 1839, 1840, 1841, and 1842; Together with Explorations and Discoveries Made by Admiral D'Urville, Captain Ross, and Other Navigators and Travellers; and an Account of the Expedition to the Dead Sea, Under Lieutenant Lynch by John Stilwell Jenkins
The oca is an oval-shaped root ; the outer skin is a most delicate red, and inside it is white. It is watery when cooked, but has a sweetish taste. The mashua resembles the oca in this respect, though it is somewhat more insipid ; it is of a flat ...
Architecture, Function, and Genomics by Arthur Lesk
OCA is a browser database for protein structure and function, integrating information from many sources. Developed originally by J. Prilusky, OCA is supported by the EBI and is available there and at numerous mirror sites. The name OCA, in ...
Captain America: Civil War is a 2016 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Captain America, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures by Contributors, Wikipedia
OCA is the preferred method of countering air and ...
by F. Mezzadri, N. C. Snaith
OCa is a finite extension of k and is called the residue field. Its degree is by definition the degree of p and is written deg p; the norm of p, N(p), is the cardinality of kp. A prime ideal of Ca is also called a closed point: the reason is that there is a ...
by Emanuel Rubin, Howard M. Reisner
Tyrosinase-positive OCA is the most common type of albinism in whites and blacks. Patients typically begin life with complete albinism, but with age, a small amount of clinically detectable pigment accumulates. A defect in the P gene ...
by Immanuel Ness
OCA challenged the law as unconstitutional and won a judgment that similar referenda could be held pending the outcome. Subsequently, voters in six cities and one county passed OCA-sponsored proposals, and referenda were planned for ...
by George A. Barnett
In the late 1980s and 1990s, religious-based groups like the Oregon Citizens Alliance (OCA) were saliently and adamantly opposed to homosexuality, calling it wrong, abnormal, and perverse. The OCA based its activism on patriotism, moral ...
Encyclopedia of Genetics (2014)
by Eric C.R. Reeve
Oculocutaneous albinism (OCA) in humans is a genetic defect in which all pigment is absent from skin, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Oca
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Oca
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: manelzaera
Hyde Park - Oca (primo piano)
Photo credit: graziano88
Photo credit: Carla Salgueiro
Photo credit: isawaa
Photo credit: T'nello
Photo credit: marimbajlamesa
Photo credit: LoopZilla
Photo credit: TheTurducken
- Oca in volo
Photo credit: gcalsa
- Pazo de Oca
Photo credit: santiagolopezpastor
- Un oca
Fattoria a Pianezza (TO), Italy
Photo credit: Galli Luca
- El paso de la oca
Dedicado a la memoria de Chuck Berry
Photo credit: Cebolledo
- Pazo de Oca
Photo credit: santiagolopezpastor
Video about Oca
Video shows what oca means. A Peruvian name for certain species of Oxalis (, and ) which bear edible tubers.. oca pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Oca!
Scrabble value of O1C3A1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of OCA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Oca!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Oca to see it in context!