On this page:
Oil! a.k.a. Oil: An oil is any neutral, nonpolar chemical substance that is a viscous liquid at ambient temperatures and is both hydrophobic and lipophilic. Oils have a high carbon and hydrogen content and are usually flammable and slippery.
- also known as Ulje
- "Oil!" is a novel by Upton Sinclair published in 1927 told as a third person narrative. However, the opening pages are written in second person. The book was written in the context of the Harding administration's Teapot Dome Scandal and takes place in Southern California. It is a social and political satire skewering the human foibles of all its characters.
- also known as "Oil! a novel"
- language: English Language
- authors: Upton Sinclair, Jr.
- genre: Political fiction
- released in (89 years ago)
- "Oil!" a.k.a. "Oil" is a book by James Laxer.
- also known as "Oil (Groundwork Guides)"
- subjects: Current events, International relations, Politics, Political Science
- "Oil!" a.k.a. "Oil" is a book by Walter Foster.
- also known as "Oil: Land and Sea (HT183)"
- "Oil!" a.k.a. "There Will Be Blood" is a 2007 American epic drama film written and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson. The film was inspired by Upton Sinclair's 1927 novel Oil! but is too different to be considered an adaptation. It tells the story of a silver miner-turned-oilman on a ruthless quest for wealth during Southern California's oil boom of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It stars Daniel Day-Lewis, Paul Dano, and Dillon Freasier.
- read more about There Will Be Blood
- "Oil!" a.k.a. "Oil" is a 2009 documentary film directed by Massimiliano Mazzotta. It explores the Italian energy provider Saras S.p.A., operating in the area of oil refining and the production of electricity, located in the island of Sardinia, near Cagliari and the impact of oil development on the land and lives of the local population.
- "Oil!" a.k.a. "Oil" is a musical album of Meth Drinker.
- released in
- "Oil!" a.k.a. "Oil" is a composition.
- "Oil!" a.k.a. "Oil" is a musical album of Oil.
- released in (19 years ago)
- Oil! a.k.a. Stefan Andersson is a Swedish singer-songwriter. Andersson is also known for his 1992 Swedish hit song "Catch the Moon," which reached #4 on the Swedish charts.
- also known as Andersson, Stefan; Oil
- born on (48 years ago) in Haga, Gothenburg
- nationality: Sweden
- profession: Singer
- member of musical group Andersson & Gibson
- genres: Rock music, Schlager music, Pop music
- albums: "Emperors' Day", "Stranger's House", "Under a Low-Ceilinged Sky", "På svenska", "Walk Right On", "En främlings hus", "Catch the Moon", "Skeppsråttan", "No.90 Kleist"
- official website: www.stefanandersson.nu
- Oil! a.k.a. Arcon 2 or Leon Mar, real name Noel Ram, is a musician best known for his alternately jazzy and uplifting drum'n'bass and extreme, focused darkcore. He has been producing dance tracks for the better part of a decade. At first little known in the jungle community, Noel rode a fast track to notoriety through a string of acclaimed releases for 4Hero's noted Reinforced label, recording such tracks as "Liquid Earth," "Silent Running," and "The Beckoning" under his own name and as Arcon 2. Noel was also included on the tough-as-nails Reinforced compilation, Above the Law next to such noted artists as Goldie, L Double, and Dillinja.
- also known as Leon Mar; Leon Marr; Oil; Torus; Noel Ram; Mar, Leon
- albums: "Arcon 2", "Slight of Hand", "Vibe / Re-Vamp", "Release the Love / Silent Running", "Fuse / Shift"
- Oil! a.k.a. Thana Suthikamorn is a singer and actor.
- Oil! a.k.a. Oil is a Christian thrash metal band from Long Beach, California, USA. The band was formed in 1997 by Ron Rinehart, the former vocalist with Dark Angel, who converted to Christianity at a Harvest Crusade after Dark Angel's dissolution in 1992. Other members include lead guitarist Blake Nelson and drummer Jason Vander Pal. Oil has released two studio albums and one live album.
- Oil! a.k.a. Oil is a musical group.
- albums: "Oil", "Electric Tongue", "Definition Delta"
Oil! a.k.a. Oil paint is a type of "slow-drying" paint that consists of particles of pigment suspended in a drying oil, commonly linseed oil. The viscosity of the paint may be modified by the addition of a solvent such as turpentine or white spirit, and varnish may be added to increase the glossiness of the dried oil paint film. Oil paints have been used in Europe since the 12th century for simple decoration, but were not widely adopted as an artistic medium until the early 15th century. Common modern applications of oil paint are in finishing and protection of wood in buildings and exposed metal structures such as ships and bridges. Its hard-wearing properties and luminous colors make it desirable for both interior and exterior use on wood and metal. Due to its slow-drying properties, it has recently been used in paint-on-glass animation. Thickness of coat has considerable bearing on time required for drying: thin coats of oil paint dry relatively quickly.
- also known as oil, oil paints
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for OIL!
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about OIL!
Our oil problems are only going to get worse. Our trade balance is only going to get worse. So we have to slow the growth of U.S. oil consumption, particularly imported oil consumption. (Sherwood Boehlert)
more quotes about oil!...
Anagrams of OIL!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of OIL!!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of OIL! to see it in context!