Omar appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- In a can, Omar sexes Ramona… can I?
- Deb let Omar even see bees: never a motel bed.
On this page:
- Omar a.k.a. Umar, also spelled Omar, was one of the most powerful and influential Muslim caliphs in history. He was a Sahabah or companion of the Islamic prophet Muhammad. He succeeded Abu Bakr as the second Rashid of the Rashidun Caliphate on 23 August 634. He was an expert Islamic jurist and is best known for his pious and just nature, which earned him the title Al-Faruq. He is sometimes referred to as Umar I by historians of Islam, since a later Umayyad caliph, Umar II, also bore that name.
- read more about Umar
- Omar a.k.a. Omar Sy is a French film actor, best known for his duo with Fred Testot, Omar et Fred, and for his role in The Intouchables, written and directed by Olivier Nakache and Éric Toledano, which became the second highest grossing French film of all time in the French box office. He appeared on Fort Boyard in 2006. He received the César Award for Best Actor on 24 February 2012 for his role in The Intouchables and in doing so also became the first black actor to win the honorary French award. The role also earned him a nomination for a Satellite Award for Best Actor.
- read more about Omar Sy (actor)
- Omar a.k.a. Charlie Murphy: Charles Quinton "Charlie" Murphy is an American actor, comedian, and writer. He is the older brother of Eddie Murphy. He is most notable as being a writer and cast member of the Comedy Central sketch-comedy series Chappelle's Show.
- read more about Charlie Murphy (comedian)
- Omar a.k.a. Abu Izzadeen, born Trevor Brooks, 18 April 1975, is a British spokesman for Al Ghurabaa, a Muslim organisation banned under the Terrorism Act 2006 for the glorification of terrorism, that operated in the United Kingdom. He was convicted on charges of terrorist fund-raising and inciting terrorism overseas on 17 April 2008, and sentenced to four and a half years in jail. He was released in May 2009, after serving 3 and half years, including time on remand.
- read more about Abu Izzadeen
- Omar a.k.a. Omar Lye-Fook: Omar Christopher Lye-Fook MBE, known professionally as Omar, is a British soul singer, songwriter and musician. Omar grew up in Canterbury, Kent. He learned his craft classically, playing the trumpet, piano and percussion. He also spent two years at Chetham's School of Music in Manchester, and the Guildhall School of Music in London. His most well-known song was his debut single "There's Nothing Like This". It reached number 14 in the UK Singles Chart on re-release in 1991. Allmusic noted that he is described by some as the father of British neo soul.
- read more about Omar Lye-Fook
- Omar a.k.a. Omari Newton: Omari Akil Newton is a Canadian actor. He is best known for playing the role of Larry Summers in Blue Mountain State.
- read more about Omari Newton
- Omar a.k.a. Omar Ramos: Julián Omar Ramos Suárez, known as Omar, is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for Real Valladolid as a left winger.
- read more about Omar Ramos
- Omar a.k.a. Omar Williams is a pornographic actor.
- read more about Omar Williams
- Omar was a hebrew man mentioned in the Bible. He was the ancestor of an Edomite clan, and specifically he was the son of Eliphaz. Omar's brothers were Teman, Zepho, Gatam, Kenaz and Amalek.
- Omar is a musical artist.
- Omar is a musical artist and member of the group Nhass.
- Omar is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- Omar is a musical artist.
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group RadioSboro (Electric guitar) since
- Omar is a musical artist.
- read more about Omar (musical artist)
- Omar is the husband of G. Willow Wilson.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2014 film Asian School Girls.
- Omar is a fictional character in the 2014 thriller film The Prince.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2011 film Terraferma.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2011 film The Invader.
- Omar is a fictional character from Omar and Salma, Omar and Salma II and Omar and Salma III.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2011 film The Woman in the Fifth.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2012 film A Hijacking.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2011 film The Miscreants.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2011 film The Beloved.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2002 film The Shanghai Spell.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2009 film Red Chillies.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2014 film Bang Bang.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2012 film Boucherie Halal.
- Omar is a fictional character from 2010 drama film Of Gods and Men.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2010 film Bumm Bumm Bole.
- Omar: Omas is a fictional character from the 2004 film Million Dollar Baby.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 1961 film The Wonders of Aladdin.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2008 film SOS - Summer of Suspense.
- Omar is a fictional character in the 2010 drama film Ajami.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2003 Mexican comedy film, Corazón de Melón.
- Omar is a fictional character in Free Men.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 1995 film Nobody Will Speak of Us When We're Dead.
- Omar is a fictional character from the book Boy Overboard.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2009 film El Alamy.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2009 film My Normal.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2010 film Four Lions.
- Omar is a fictional film character.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 1965 film La Métamorphose des cloportes.
- Omar is a fictional character in the 2011 comedy film Our Idiot Brother.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2002 film 8 Mile.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2002 film Blue Crush.
- Omar is a fictional character from the film Baby Cake.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2004 film Girl's Love.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2007 film Death Proof.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 1997 film Nattbuss 807.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2013 film Vishwaroopam.
- Omar is a fictional character from the play Aladdin.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2010 film Jhootha Hi Sahi.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2010 film Mokhtar.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2012 film The Swiss Miss Massacre.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2007 film Kharej ala el kanoun.
- Omar is a fictional character from 100% Arabica.
- Omar is a fictional character from 2001 romantic comedy film Town & Country.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 1974 film The Golden Voyage of Sinbad.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2005 film Al bahethat an al horeya.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 1993 film A New Life.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2007 film Spinnin'.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 2008 film Traitor.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 1997 film The Fifth Element.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 1966 film Afsana.
- Omar is a fictional character from the 1992 film Ele, My Friend.
There are other characters with in their name, like Don Omar, Omar Halim, Omar White, Omar Little, Omar Raddad, Omar Rashid, Omar Sharif, Omar Yussef, Omar Bradley, Omar Gatlato, Omar Khayyām, Omar Khayyam, Omar Khayyám, Omar Mukhtar, Abdullah Omar, Omar Abdullah, PFC Omar Ulmer, Hadschi Halef Omar, Omar ibn Abdel-Aziz and Omar Little and associates.
"Omar" is a book by Harry Anderson.
"Omar" is a 2013 Palestinian drama film directed by Hany Abu-Assad. It was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival where it won the Jury Prize. It was shown at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival. The film has been selected as the Palestinian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 86th Academy Awards, and was among the five finalists. It also won Best Feature Film at the 2013 Asian Pacific Screen Awards. The film was screened at the United Nations in New York on 1 May 2014.
- also known as 奧瑪的抉擇
- countries: United Arab Emirates, State of Palestine, Mandatory Palestine
- languages: Arabic Language, Hebrew Language, English Language
- producers: Hany Abu-Assad, David Gerson, Waleed Zuaiter
- executive producers: Waleed Al-Ghafari, Zahi Khouri, Suhail A. Sikhtian, Abbas Zuaiter, Ahmad Zuaiter & Farouq A. Zuaiter
- production design by Joel Herzberg & Nael Kanj
- written by Hany Abu-Assad
- Leem Lubany as Nadia
- Waleed Zuaiter as Agent Rami
- Samer Bisharat as Amjad
- Adam Bakri as Omar
- Eyad Hourani as Tarek
- Essam Abu Aabed as Omar's Boss
- Wafaa Aon as Omar's Mother
- Rohl Ayadi as Hussam
- Jehad Abu Assal as Omar's Father
- Anna Maria Hawa as Abeer Omar's Sister
- Ziad Jarjoura as Amer Omar's Brother
- Tarik Kopty as Tarek's Father
- Ramzi Maqdisi as Muhsen Ali Taha
- Yael Lerer as Omar's Lawyer
- Yousef Slieman as Tarek
- casting by Juna Suleiman
- cinematography by Ehab Assal
- edited by Martin Brinkler & Eyas Salman
- costume design by Hamada Atallah
- genres: Thriller, Drama, War film, Documentary film
- released on
- award: - Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film (Country: Palestine, in Arabic) nomination for Hany Abu-Assad
- "Omar" is Slovenian singer Omar Naber's début album. It was released on CD and MC with different tracklistings on each format. It is not quite clear why this was done, however in many cases it is usually because of spacing on both sides of the cassette, whereas on a CD it doesn't really matter. There are however the same tracks on both formats.
- released in (11 years ago)
- "Omar" is a musical album of Omar Lye-Fook.
- released in (9 years ago)
- Omar a.k.a. Arzanah Airport is a small private airfield operated by the Zakum Development Company and serves the oil field at Qarnayn, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Omar a.k.a. Omar, Delaware: Omar is an unincorporated community in Sussex County, Delaware, United States, located at the crossroads of Delaware Route 20 and Sussex County Road 54 and between the towns of Dagsboro and Roxana.
- read more about Omar, Delaware
- Omar a.k.a. Omar, West Virginia: Omar is a census-designated place in Logan County, West Virginia, United States. Omar is located along West Virginia Route 44 and Island Creek, 6.5 miles south of Logan. Omar has a post office with ZIP code 25638. As of the 2010 census, its population was 522.
- read more about Omar, West Virginia
- Omar or Farouk Omar is a historical Arab television drama series that was produced and broadcast by MBC1 and directed by Hatem Ali. Co-produced by Qatar TV, the series is based on the life of Omar ibn Al-Khattab, the second Caliph of Islam. The series had to face large controversy due to its depiction of Omar, Abu Bakr, Uthman and Ali, the four Rashidun Caliphs, along with other characters, who some Muslims believe should not be depicted much like the Prophet Mohammad. The series consisted of 30 episodes and was originally aired in the month of Ramadan since July 20, 2012. It was made at a cost of 200 million Saudi riyals and filmed in Morocco, mostly in Marakesh, Tangiers, El Jadida, Casablanca and Mohammedia. After the series was broadcast on MBC, dubbed into several languages and subtitled in English on YouTube, it received great support from many different scholarly bodies and people watching it. As the series depended solely on reliable historical established facts, the series did not face criticism in terms of its content, as past movies and films faced.
- also known as Umar ibn Al-Khattāb, Farouk Omar
- begun on
- 31 episodes of 45 minutes each
- The Omar is an Indian Bania caste, found among mainly in Central Uttar Pradesh, Magadh, Awadh and Purvanchal. They claim to have originated from Ayodhia, and then spread to other parts of Awadh, eventually settling in different parts of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and Jharkhand. Some theories and ancient texts suggest that the name 'Omar' has been derived from Om which is a sacred/mystical syllable in the Dharmic or Indian religions, i.e. Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism.
- also known as Omar Vaishya
Phrases with Omar
Phrases starting with the word Omar:
Phrases ending with the word Omar:
- mullah omar
- Atholus omar
- Osmodes Omar
- mullah mohammed omar
- species Atholus omar
- Species Osmodes Omar
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Omar
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Foundation of Knowledge (2014)
A Comparative Study in Islamic and Western Methods of Inquiry by Louay Safi
Omar is a lion (Omar is an extremely courageous person). From the two examples, one can see that a metaphoric utterance is a statement in which a substitution (isti'arah) has taken place whereby the intended meaning was expressed by a ...
PASSING THE PMP(R) EXAM (2017)
by Leithy Mohamed Leithy
All of the above Question Category: Difficult Q149: Omar is a project manager in Silicon Company. Allan is one of the project team.
by Sarah Schulman
Omar is a fierce, intelligent, confident, kind of terse man, ...
by Mohamed Haji Mukhtar
Nicolino Mohamed, and Ali Omar Shego.
by Kevin Shillington
Omar: See Gabon: Bongo, Omar, and the One-Party State, 1967 to the Present. Bono: See Akan States: Bono, Dankyira, Wassa, Akyem, Akwamu, Fante , Fifteenth to Seventeenth Centuries. Borno. (Bornu),. Sultanate. of: Origins. and.
by Ronald Bruce St John
Omar Mehishi (Omar Abdullah Meheishy; Omar Abdullah Muhaishi) Lt. Imhammad Abu Bakr al-Maqaryif (Abu Bakr Mgarief; Muhammad Abu Bakr al- Muqaryaf) Appendix F Libyan Government, October 2012 Appendix G Proven Crude 379 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Omar
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of O1M3A1R1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of OMAR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Omar!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Omar to see it in context!