Omerta appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Now one sacred-named at remodeled art, I named a mafioso if a made man I trade led omerta demander case now on.
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun omerta
What does omerta mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: omertas
- a code of silence practiced by the Mafia; a refusal to give evidence to the police about criminal activities
- "Omerta" is a 2012 crime, drama and thriller film written and directed by Luc Dionne.
- also known as Omertà
- country: Canada
- language: French
- producers: Daniel Louis & Denise Robert
- production design by Michel Proulx
- art direction by Marc Ricard
- written by Luc Dionne
- Michel Côté as Pierre Gauthier
- Patrick Huard as Steve Bélanger
- Rachelle Lefevre as Sophie
- Stéphane Rousseau as Sam Cohen
- René Angélil as Dominic Fagazi
- Michel Dumont as Gilbert Tanguay
- Paolo Noël as Tony Potenza
- Mélissa Désormeaux-Poulin as Roxanne
- Maxime Denommée as Olivier
- Andreas Apergis as Andréa Manzoni
- Alan Fawcett as Gene Smith
- Thai-Hoa Le as Chang Lee
- Sean Lu as Intrerprète
- Alain E. Cadieux as Guy Nault
- Sylvain Beauchamps as Taupin
- casting by Lucie Robitaille
- cinematography by Bernard Couture
- edited by Jean-François Bergeron
- music by Michel Cusson
- costume design by Ginette Magny
- set decoration by Francine Danis & Diane Gauthier
- genres: Drama, Thriller, Crime Fiction
- released on
- Omerta: Omertà or Omertà, The Code of Silence is a Quebec television series of 11 forty-five minute episodes, created by Luc Dionne and aired from January to April 1996 on Radio-Canada. In France, the series aired on France 3 in 1998.
"Omerta" a.k.a. "Omertà" is a novel by Mario Puzo, published posthumously in 2000. It was first published by Ballantine Books. Omertà follows the story of Don Aprile's adopted "nephew" Astorre Viola. This is the final book in Puzo's mafia trilogy. The first two were The Godfather and The Last Don.
- also known as "Omerta", "Omerta: A Novel"
- language: English Language
- genres: Crime Fiction, Thriller
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Omerta" a.k.a. "Omertà" is the debut full length album by American heavy metal band Adrenaline Mob. The album was released on March 13, 2012 in North America by Elm City Music, and on March 19 in Europe through Century Media Records. Omertà was produced by Adrenaline Mob and mixed by Jay Ruston.
- genre: Alternative metal
- released on
- "Omerta" a.k.a. "Omertá" is a musical album of The Belles.
- read more about Omertá
- "Omerta" a.k.a. "Omertá" is a musical album of Pascal Gaigne.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Omerta" is a musical album of The Latin Kings.
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Omerta" is a musical album of Royal Crescent Mob.
- released in (28 years ago)
- "Omerta" a.k.a. "Omertà" is a musical EP of David Capella.
- released in (8 years ago)
- "Omerta" is a musical album of Chomalets.
- "Omerta" is a composition.
Omerta were an indie rock band from Manchester, England.
Omerta is a browser-based text MMORPG that launched in 2003. In this game the player is a gangster in the 1930s. Omerta players rank up by stealing cars, committing crimes, breaking people out of prison and dealing alcohol and narcotics.
- official website: www.barafranca.com
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Omerta
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Organized Crime in Our Times (2014)
by Jay S. Albanese
Omerta is the code of silence, said to exist in Mafia culture, where speaking to others outside the group about Mafia operations is a violation punishable by death. Over the last 25 years, however, a series of Mafia members have testified ...
The Octopus (2012)
The Rise and Rise of the Sicilian Mafia by Joe Pieri
Omerta is a code that demands complete silence under interrogation. Crime is not reported to the authorities, not even by the victims. When officials try to gather evidence in what they perceive to be a crime, all concerned disclaim any ...
Hey Rube (2011)
Blood Sport, the Bush Doctrine, and the Downward S by Hunter S. Thompson
Omerta is the code of the South, especially ...
An Encyclopaedia of Sicily by Douglas Brooke Wheelton Sladen
The omerta is a special feeling which consists in rendering oneself independent of social laws...
World's Greatest True Crime (2004)
Omerta is a complex notion. At one level it simply means "manliness", but at another it is to do with silence and self- restraint. When the police would come ...
Organized Crime (2014)
From the Mob to Transnational Organized Crime by Jay S. Albanese
Omerta is the code of silence, said to exist in Mafia culture, where speaking to others outside the group about Mafia operations is a violation punishable by death. Over the past 30 years, however, a series of Mafia members have testified ...
Crime Types and Criminals (2009)
by Frank E. Hagan
Omerta is a Cosa Nostra code of intense loyalty, honor, secrecy, obedience, and “manly” silence—a code that renders loyalty to the organization above loyalty to country, God, or family and whose violation means death. Secrecy, discipline ...
Encyclopedia of Violence (2004)
Frequent, Commonplace, Unexpected by Margaret DiCanio
Second-and third-generation American Mafia family members facing long prison sentences have proven more willing than earlier generations to break the traditional omerta (code of silence). From 1982 to 1992, 16 “made” (sworn in during a ...
by Julia Cresswell
Members practise omerta, or a code of silence, which is a dialect form of umita ' humility'. Within the group the adviser to the leader, who resolves internal disputes, is known as the consigliere, literally 'member of a council'. Presumably it is only ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Omerta
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Omerta
If you need images about Omerta for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Scrabble value of O1M3E1R1T1A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of OMERTA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Omerta!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Omerta to see it in context!