Omerta appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Now one sacred-named at remodeled art, I named a mafioso if a made man I trade led omerta demander case now on.
Definition of the noun omerta
What does omerta mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: omertas
- a code of silence practiced by the Mafia; a refusal to give evidence to the police about criminal activities
- "Omerta" is a 2012 crime, drama and thriller film written and directed by Luc Dionne.
- also known as Omertà
- country: Canada
- language: French
- producers: Daniel Louis & Denise Robert
- production design by Michel Proulx
- art direction by Marc Ricard
- written by Luc Dionne
- Michel Côté as Pierre Gauthier
- Patrick Huard as Steve Bélanger
- Rachelle Lefevre as Sophie
- Stéphane Rousseau as Sam Cohen
- René Angélil as Dominic Fagazi
- Michel Dumont as Gilbert Tanguay
- Paolo Noël as Tony Potenza
- Mélissa Désormeaux-Poulin as Roxanne
- Maxime Denommée as Olivier
- Andreas Apergis as Andréa Manzoni
- Alan Fawcett as Gene Smith
- Thai-Hoa Le as Chang Lee
- Sean Lu as Intrerprète
- Alain E. Cadieux as Guy Nault
- Sylvain Beauchamps as Taupin
- casting by Lucie Robitaille
- cinematography by Bernard Couture
- edited by Jean-François Bergeron
- music by Michel Cusson
- costume design by Ginette Magny
- set decoration by Francine Danis & Diane Gauthier
- genres: Drama, Thriller, Crime Fiction
- released on
- Omerta: Omertà or Omertà, The Code of Silence is a Quebec television series of 11 forty-five minute episodes, created by Luc Dionne and aired from January to April 1996 on Radio-Canada. In France, the series aired on France 3 in 1998.
"Omerta" a.k.a. "Omertà" is a novel by Mario Puzo, published posthumously in 2000. It was first published by Ballantine Books. Omertà follows the story of Don Aprile's adopted "nephew" Astorre Viola. This is the final book in Puzo's mafia trilogy. The first two were The Godfather and The Sicilian.
- also known as "Omerta", "Omerta: A Novel"
- genres: Crime Fiction, Thriller
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Omerta" a.k.a. "Omertà" (Italian pronunciation: [ɔmɛrˈta]) is the debut full length album by American Heavy Metal band Adrenaline Mob. The album was released on March 13th in North America by Elm City Music, and on March 19th in Europe through Century Media Records. Omertà was produced by Adrenaline Mob and mixed by Jay Ruston.
- genre: Alternative metal
- released on
- "Omerta" a.k.a. "Omertá" is a musical album of The Belles.
- released on (12 years ago)
Omerta were an indie rock band from Manchester, England.
Omerta is a browser-based text MMORPG and has been running since 2003. In this game the player is a gangster in the 1930s. Players rank up by stealing cars, committing crimes, breaking people out of prison and dealing alcohol and narcotics.
- official website: www.barafranca.com
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Omerta
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Made Men (2013)
Mafia Culture and the Power of Symbols, Rituals, and Myth by Antonio Nicaso, Marcel Danesi
Omerta is a version of the ...
The Secrets of the FBI (2012)
by Ronald Kessler
Omerta is the code of silence a “made man” lives by. Punishment for violation of omerta is death. “We get in this organization, and the only way we're going to get out is dead, no matter what," DiGiacomo said on the FBI tape. “It's no hope, no ...
How the Corleones Became "Our Gang" by Chris Messenger
Omerta is a characteristic of Southern Italian culture and a cornerstone of powerful male authority in negotiation where euphemism is as close to revelation as a speaker gets and a host of aphorisms countenance public silence.10 Often Don ...
an encyclopaedia of Sicily by Douglas Brooke Wheelton Sladen
The omerta is a special feeling which consists in rendering oneself independent of social laws...
by Rodney Stich
The rule of silence, where the activities of the organization must re- main secret, is called omerta. Some of the Mafia groups had been combined into what was called The Commission, and consisted of the five New York Mafia bosses, the ...
Readings in the Science of Culture by Jeanne Guillemin
(Literally, omerta means a conspiracy between thieves. The Italians use it to mean any private agreement that cannot be safely broached before the general public.) The inability of the Italians to accept or engage in public appeals leaves them ...
Encyclopedia of Violence (2004)
Frequent, Commonplace, Unexpected by Margaret DiCanio
Second-and third-generation American Mafia family members facing long prison sentences have proven more willing than earlier generations to break the traditional omerta (code of silence). From 1982 to 1992, 16 “made” (sworn in during a ...
Finding a solution has never been easier! by Charles Timmerman
ene, nne , sse Mariner's sheet 4 sail Mario Puzo novel 6 omerta Maritime 5 naval 8 nautical.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Omerta
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of O1M3E1R1T1A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of OMERTA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Omerta!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Omerta to find many related words and phrases!