Usage statistics for the noun opportunity:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun opportunity
- Phrases with Opportunity
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Opportunity
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Opportunity
- Usage statistics about opportunity
- Photos about Opportunity
- Videos about Opportunity
- Sign language
- Quotes about Opportunity
- Scrabble value of O1P3P3O1R1T1U1N1I1T1Y4
- Share this page
Opportunity is sometimes a misspelling of opportunities.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun opportunity
What does opportunity mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: opportunities
- a possibility due to a favorable combination of circumstances
- example: the holiday gave us the opportunity to visit Washington
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonym of opportunity: chance
- more generic words: possibility / possibleness = capability of existing or happening or being true
- more specific terms:
- brass ring = a rich opportunity or a prize
- day = a period of opportunity
- clean slate / fresh start / tabula rasa = an opportunity to start over without prejudice
- audience / hearing = an opportunity to state your case and be heard
- hunting ground = a place where opportunities abound
- occasion = an opportunity to do something
- opening = opportunity especially for employment or promotion
- room = opportunity for
- say = the chance to speak
- crack / shot = a chance to do something
- street = a situation offering opportunities
- throw = a single chance or instance
Opportunity is a former census-designated place in Spokane County, Washington, United States. The population was 25,065 at the 2000 census. The area has been a city neighborhood of Spokane Valley since the city incorporated in 2003.
- "Opportunity" is a composition.
- "Opportunity" is a musical album of Pemsi.
- "Opportunity" is a musical EP of Pete Murray.
- released on (9 years ago)
- Opportunity, also known as MER-B or MER-1, is a robotic rover active on the planet Mars since 2004. Launched on July 7, 2003, Opportunity landed on Mars' Meridiani Planum on January 25, 2004 at 05:05 Ground UTC, three weeks after its twin Spirit, also part of NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Mission, touched down on the other side of the planet. With a planned 90 sol duration of activity, Spirit functioned until getting stuck in 2009 and ceased communications in 2010, while Opportunity remains active as of 2014, having already exceeded its operating plan by 10 years, 208 days. Opportunity has continued to move, gather scientific observations, and report back to Earth for over 40 times its designed lifespan. On July 28, 2014, NASA announced that Opportunity, after having traveled over 40 km on the planet Mars, has set a new "off-world" record as the rover having driven the greatest distance, surpassing the previous record held by the Soviet Union's Lunokhod 2 rover, which had traveled 39 km on the Moon.
- also known as Opportunity rover
- official website: marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/mission/status.html#opportunity
- Opportunity is an educational institution, school.
Phrases with Opportunity
Phrases starting with the word Opportunity:
Phrases ending with the word Opportunity:
- equal opportunity
- photo opportunity
- Golden Opportunity
- land of opportunity
- Window of Opportunity
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Opportunity
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Group of authors
Opportunity is a happening, expressed in actions and established in market structures Dimov, 2007 Opportunity is...
Opportunity is an enacted possibility for economic benefits Dimov, 2004 Opportunity is a flow of ideas changed ...
Unless alternative notices are prescribed by the Director, or by the agency with the approval of the Director, prime contractors and subcontractors shall post the notice entitled "Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law," as provided by the ...
The American Hatter (1910)
OPPORTUNITY is a funny thing.
Journey to the Well (2003)
by Vashti M. McKenzie
An opportunity is a new situation that can produce new results. Possibilities abound. Opportunities lie at the crossroads of God's grace, God's will, and God's destiny, and like grace they can't be earned, purchased, bought, or sold, but are ...
by Per V. Freytag, Kristian Philipsen
The opportunity concept In marketing and entrepreneurship The concept of opportunity is a basic element in both marketing and...
The first opportunity is the exploitation of the rich molecular structure of biomass to the extent possible (Sanders et al., 2007). Rather than breaking its molecular structure into C1 building blocks, either by gasification to synthesis gas (CO, H2) ...
by Peter Drucker
'Opportunity is the source of innovation' has been the leitmotif of the preceding chapters. But an old proverb says,
Global Women's Issues and Knowledge by Cheris Kramarae, Dale Spender
At the local level, need refers to a family's or an individual's requirements for income, opportunity refers to social obstacles to women's participation in paid work, and ability refers to an individual's skills. There is a tendency to blame the low ...
by Victor Jupp
OPPORTUNITY SAMPLING ORAL HISTORY. Key Readings French, S., Hartley, R., Thomas, L. C. and White, D. J. (1986) Operational Research Techniques. London: Edward Arnold. Hillier, F. (2000) Introduction to Operational Research.
by Vincent N. Parrillo
OPPORTUNITY. STRUCTURES. During the 1950s two predominant theories of criminal behavior were Edwin H. Sutherland's differential association theory and Robert K. Merton's anomie theory. Sutherland argued that criminal behavior is ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Opportunity
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about opportunity
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Usage statistics for the noun opportunity:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun opportunity:
Photos about Opportunity
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Minda Haas Kuhlmann
Camille Stepanof (10)
Jessica Gaffney (30)
Jenna Gray (14)
Palo Alto, CA
Photo credit: John Loo
Photo credit: fieldhat
Photo credit: Syzygy Syzg ah
Photo credit: Darkstream
Photo credit: FunGi_ (Trading)
Photo credit: rstrawser
The door is always open, you just have to enter.
Photo credit: Shootingsnow
Photo credit: DeeAshley
Photo credit: Street matt
- Buzzword Bingo: Opportunity
Photo credit: planeta
- Exploration Opportunity
It was a real privilege to be able to get an up close look at some of these old, rusty train cars
Photo credit: darkday.
- MER Opportunity - Sol 4678 - PanCam
NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS/Kevin M. Gill
Photo credit: Kevin M. Gill
- MER Opportunity - Sol 4782 - NavCam
NASA/JPL-Caltech/Kevin M. Gill
Photo credit: Kevin M. Gill
View more pictures about Photo Opportunity.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Opportunity
Click on an item to play that video:
- Opportunity Meaning
Video shows what opportunity means. A chance for advancement, progress or profit.. A favorable circumstance or occasion.. opportunity pronunciation. How to ...
- Learn English: vocabulary focus - opportunity, chance and possibility
In this class, Rich will look at the words opportunity, chance and possibility. These little tips will help you to develop your English. Find out the difference and how ...
- ProBookings Work From Home Career Opportunity Explanation Video
Work from Home - ZERO Investment - Huge Commissions in the Exciting world of Professional Entertainment and Corporate Events...
- The Esoteric Meaning and Opportunity of The Garden of Eden
From the workshop "Awakening Into Grace" with Michael Hayes; Michael shares about Jesus lifting the Satanic Veil; The Garden of Eden; Adam, Eve, pure grace ...
- Interest Rate Arbitrage - Explanation of the Arbitrage Opportunity Created in an IUL
This is the Fifth in a series of videos showing how you can leverage the cash value of life insurance to purchase real estate (or make any investment!).
- Jeunesse Opportunity Explanation
- Explanation, Opportunity and Offer
- Golden opportunity Meaning
Video shows what golden opportunity means. Ideal moment to do something.. Golden opportunity Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
- What is the Feeder Matrix Opportunity - Full Explanation
- The TVI Express Opportunity - A Simple Explanation
- The Definition of Insanity, The Perfect Opportunity
- Opportunity engineering Meaning
Video shows what opportunity engineering means. profiting from uncertainty while mitigating risk. Opportunity engineering Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- North American Power Opportunity and Compensation Overview Simple Explanation
- Opportunity Description...Instant Rewards!
- Decorating Christmas Tree at Opportunity Language School
- Zoho CRM - Opportunity - Description
Opportunity Video Training # 3: Description.
- Marketing Director Job Description - Highly Lucrative Opportunity
- Streamlined/Plain Language Job Opportunity Announcements (JOAs) - July 27, 2009
OPM hosted a Hiring Reform SWAT session that discussedhow Federal agencies can write streamlined job announcements using plain language.
- Glorious opportunity for IT companies to develop Indian language apps
- ATS Language Services "One Voice" Linguist Career opportunity
ATS offers career opportunities in language services.
- Opportunity for Holyoke students to learn a second language
22News explains the dual language program in Holyoke, and how it benefits students in the school district.
- TALK FUSION the world No.1home business opportunity !!Hungary language
- Scholarship Opportunity - Vemma description
- 34: The Linguist by Steve Kaufmann - A Language Adventure - Opportunity
- Language Opportunity - Museo de cera Madame Tussauds Londres IES Delgado Brackenbury 2014
Visita al museo de cera Madame Tussauds de los estudiantes de la ESO del Instituto Delgado Brackenbury durante el viaje de fin de curso a Londres 2014 ...
- Language opportunity for Australian visas
Australian immigration rule changes could mean English speaking nursing staff are soon in demand.
- How to Transform Your Language Into Profitable Opportunity
- English: The Language of Opportunity (Speech)
- The Language of Opportunity
- A Generational Opportunity - (Highlight #3) Language - Pastor Ephraim Eaddy
See also the pronunciation examples of Opportunity!
Click on an item to play that video:
- MyFunLife Sign Language Mobile Travel APP Opportunity - Hearing Impaired
MyFunLife for the hearing impaired, join the mobile travel app opportunity here...
- WCA Bridges to Opportunity Program - American Sign Language and Closed Captioning
The Bridges to Opportunity program assists clients in their efforts to build and maintain strong, healthy families; decrease dependence on social services; ...
Quotes about Opportunity
Scrabble value of O1P3P3O1R1T1U1N1I1T1Y4
The value of this 11-letter word is 18 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Opportunity to see it in context!