On this page:
- Definition of the adjective ordinal
- Definition of the noun ordinal
- Phrases with ordinal
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for ordinal
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for ordinal
- Video language resources about ordinal
- Sign language
- Scrabble value of O1R1D2I1N1A1L1
- Anagrams of ORDINAL
- Share this page
Definition of the adjective ordinal
What does ordinal mean as an attribute of a noun?
- of or relating to a taxonomic order
- example: family and ordinal names of animals and plants
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
- being or denoting a numerical order in a series
- examples: ordinal numbers | held an ordinal rank of seventh
- antonym: cardinal
- similar: zero; zeroth; 1st / first; 2d / 2nd / second; 3rd / tertiary / third; 4th / fourth / quaternary; 5th / fifth; 6th / sixth; 7th / seventh; 8th / eighth; 9th / ninth; 10th / tenth; 11th / eleventh; 12th / twelfth; 13th / thirteenth; 14th / fourteenth; 15th / fifteenth; 16th / sixteenth; 17th / seventeenth; 18th / eighteenth; 19th / nineteenth; umpteenth / umptieth / umteenth; 20th / twentieth; 21st / twenty-first; 22nd / twenty-second; 23rd / twenty-third; 24th / twenty-fourth; 25th / twenty-fifth; 26th / twenty-sixth; 27th / twenty-seventh; 28th / twenty-eighth; 29th / twenty-ninth; 30th / thirtieth; 31st / thirty-first; 32nd / thirty-second; 33rd / thirty-third; 34th / thirty-fourth; 35th / thirty-fifth; 36th / thirty-sixth; 37th / thirty-seventh; 38th / thirty-eighth; 39th / thirty-ninth; 40th / fortieth; 41st / forty-first; 42nd / forty-second; 43rd / forty-third; 44th / forty-fourth; 45th / forty-fifth; 46th / forty-sixth; 47th / forty-seventh; 48th / forty-eighth; 49th / forty-ninth; 50th / fiftieth; 55th / fifty-fifth; 60th / sixtieth; 64th / sixty-fourth; 65th / sixty-fifth; 70th / seventieth; 75th / seventy-fifth; 80th / eightieth; 85th / eighty-fifth; 90th / ninetieth; 95th / ninety-fifth; 100th / centesimal / hundredth; 101st / hundred-and-first; 105th / hundred-and-fifth; 110th / hundred-and-tenth; 115th / hundred-and-fifteenth; 120th / hundred-and-twentieth; 125th / hundred-and-twenty-fifth; 130th / hundred-and-thirtieth; 135th / hundred-and-thirty-fifth; 140th / hundred-and-fortieth; 145th / hundred-and-forty-fifth; 150th / hundred-and-fiftieth; 155th / hundred-and-fifty-fifth; 160th / hundred-and-sixtieth; 165th / hundred-and-sixty-fifth; 170th / hundred-and-seventieth; 175th / hundred-and-seventy-fifth; 180th / hundred-and-eightieth; 190th / hundred-and-ninetieth; 200th / two-hundredth; 300th / three-hundredth; 400th / four-hundredth; 500th / five-hundredth; 1000th / thousandth; millionth; billionth; trillionth; quadrillionth; quintillionth; n-th / nth
Alternative definition of the adjective ordinal
Definition of the noun ordinal
What does ordinal mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- ordinal: ordinals
- Ordinal: Ordinals
- the number designating place in an ordered sequence
Alternative definition of the noun ordinal
- An ordinal number such as first, second and third.
Phrases with ordinal
- Ordinal Rank
- Ordinal Scale
- ordinal number
- Ordinal Variable
- Ordinal Adjective
- Ordinal Direction
- Ordinal indicator
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for ordinal
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Library of Universal Knowledge and an Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language ...
ORDINAL. result followed. But, in the mean time, 1808, Apr. 26, a new Order in Council was issued, limiting the blockade to France, Holland, a part of Germany, and n. Italy; and the order condemning vessels which had certificates of origin on ...
Badiou Dictionary (2015)
by Steven Corcoran
stable, transitive ordinal sets provides an account of the one and only operation on which set theory relies, namely belonging. Belonging can thus be understood as implying a relation of order. This should already clarify why, for Badiou, ...
by Bertrand Badie, Dirk Berg-Schlosser, Leonardo Morlino
nominal, ordinal, interval , and ratio. Nominal measures simply classify members based on particular attributes. These must be mutually exclusive and exhaustive. For example, gender is ...
by Paul J. Lavrakas
Ordinal variables are variables for which the ...
by Catherine Cavagnaro, William T. Haight, II
Compare with limit cardinal, successor ordinal. successor of a cardinal If K is a cardinal, the cardinal successor of K, denoted by K+, is the least cardinal that is greater than K . For example, 3+ = 4 and tfj = KI . Compare with successor of an ...
by I. Grattan-Guinness
According to him, on the one hand, a form of the Burali-Forti paradox involved contradictory theorems by Cantor and Cesare Burali-Forti on the comparability of transfinite ordinal numbers. On the other hand, in the same paragraph (Russell ...
Encyclopedia of Biometrics (2009)
I - Z. by Stan Z. Li
The orthogonal line ordinal filter is defined as the comparison/difference of two orthogonal line-like palmprint image regions. For each local region, three oriented ordinal filters with 0, p=6 and p=3 are performed on it to obtain three bit ordinal ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for ordinal
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video language resources about ordinal
Click on an item to play that video:
- Ordinal Meaning
Video shows what ordinal means. Of a number, indicating position in a sequence.. Of or relating to the groupings called orders.. ordinal pronunciation. How to ...
- Ordinal indicator Meaning
Video shows what ordinal indicator means. A sign adjacent to a numeral denoting that it is an ordinal number, rather than a cardinal number.. Ordinal indicator ...
- 32 Aramaic Language Lessons and Grammar Course for the Palestinian Talmud Ordinal Fractional Nos
See also the pronunciation examples of ordinal!
Ordinal Numbers (1st,2nd,3rd etc) in Irish Sign Language (ISL)
A short video lesson teaching ordinal numbers in Irish Sign Language (ISL) Delivered by a member of the DIT Sign Language Society Dublin Institute of ...
Scrabble value of O1R1D2I1N1A1L1
The value of this 7-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine