On this page:
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Júnior, also known as Oscar, is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder or winger for English club Chelsea and the Brazil national team.
- also known as Oscàr, Emboaba Oscar, Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Junior, Junior Oscar Dos Santos Emboaba
- born on (23 years ago) in Americana
- nationality: Brazil
- profession: Football player
- medal: The London 2012 Summer Olympics - Silver medal for Brazil in Football at the 2012 Summer Olympics – Men's tournament, with Alex Sandro, Alexandre Pato, Bruno Uvini, Danilo Luiz da Silva, Gabriel Vasconcelos Ferreira, Paulo Henrique Ganso, Hulk, Juan Jesus, Thiago Silva, Leandro Damião, Lucas Moura, Marcelo Vieira, Sandro Raniere, Rômulo Borges Monteiro, Norberto Murara Neto, Neymar, Rafael
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar Wilde: Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde was an Irish writer and poet. After writing in different forms throughout the 1880s, he became one of London's most popular playwrights in the early 1890s. Today he is remembered for his epigrams, his novel The Picture of Dorian Gray, his plays, and the circumstances of his imprisonment and early death.
- also known as Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde, Fingal O'Flahertie Wills, Oscar Wilde , Wilde Oscar, Oscar O'Flahertie Wills Wilde, Sebastian Melmoth, Oskar Uayld, Wills Wilde, O.FO.F.W.W., C.3.3., The infamous St. Oscar of Oxford, Grey Crow, Oscàr
- born on (160 years ago) in Dublin, child of William Wilde and Jane Wilde
- ethnicity: Irish people
- nationality: Republic of Ireland
- religion: Catholicism
- profession: Poet, writer, journalist, playwright
- parent of
- died on (114 years ago) in Paris of meningitis
- buried in Cimetière parisien de Bagneux, Père Lachaise Cemetery
- written works: "The Picture of Dorian Gray", "The Decay of Lying", "The Happy Prince and Other Tales", "The Complete Letters of Oscar Wilde", "The Soul of Man under Socialism", "Lord Arthur Savile's Crime and Other Stories", "A House of Pomegranates", "The Canterville Ghost", "The Rise of Historical Criticism", "The Importance of Being Earnest", "A Woman of No Importance", "The Duchess of Padua", "An Ideal Husband", "Lady Windermere's Fan", "Salome", "Vera; or, The Nihilists", "A Florentine Tragedy", "La Sainte Courtisane", "Teleny, or The Reverse of the Medal", "Complete Fairy Tales of Oscar Wilde", "The Ballad of Reading Gaol", "La Tragedia de Mi Vida", "Lōrt Artʻěr Sēvayli ochirě", "El Gigante Egoista Y Otros Relatos Magistrales", "A Florentine Tragedy, A Fragment And Other Works", "An prionsa sona", "Sixteen letters from Oscar Wilde", "The wit & wisdom of Oscar Wilde", "Poems & essays", "Plays, prose writings, and poems", "Poems with the Ballad of reading goal", "Le chant du cygne", "Charmides and other poems", "La vérité des masques", "The trial of Oscar Wilde", "Prozagedichten", "La graveco de la fideli^go", "La Chispa de Oscar Wilde", "Encantos", "Table Talk Oscar Wilde", "Decorative art in America", "The plays of Oscar Wilde", "Collinsgem Wilde anthology", "Gairdín an Fhathaigh", "The uncollected Oscar Wilde", "Collins Complete Works of Oscar Wilde", "Novels and fairy tales of Oscar Wilde", "A Pantasma De Canterville", "Panthea, and other poems", "Cuentos De Oscar Wilde"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Razzie Award for Worst Original Song - "Querelle" (For the song "Each Man Kills The Thing He Loves"), with Peer Raben
- Oscar! a.k.a. Sandra Izbașa: Sandra Raluca Izbaşa is a Romanian artistic gymnast. She is a double Olympic champion, on floor at the 2008 Olympics and vault at the 2012 Olympics. She is also a winner of two Olympic bronze medals, and multiple World Championship and European Championship medals.
- also known as Oscar, Sandra Raluca Izbaşa
- born on (24 years ago) in Bucharest
- nationality: Romania
- profession: Gymnast
- some of the medals:
- 2008 Summer Olympics
- The London 2012 Summer Olympics
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar: José Oscar Bernardi, nicknamed Oscar, is a noted association footballer, having been on the Brazil national football team and a member of São Paulo Futebol Clube and Associação Atlética Ponte Preta, and having played in defence at the FIFA World Cup in 1978, 1982, and as a reserve in 1986. He was capped 60 times for Brazil between April 1978 and May 1986.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Johnny Stompanato was the husband of Helene Stanley.
- also known as Handsome Harry; John "Johnny" Stompanato; Johnny Stomp; John Steele; Oscar; John Stompanato; Johnny; John "Jackie" R. Stompanato; Johnny Stompanato, Jr.
- born on (89 years ago) in Woodstock, child of Johnny Stompanato Sr. and Carmela Stompanato
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Woodstock High School
- profession: Bodyguard
- parent of John Stompanato III
- died on (57 years ago) in Beverly Hills of stabbing
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a figure in the Fenian Cycle of Irish mythology. He is the warrior son of Oisín and the fairy woman Niamh, who also bore his sister, Plor na mBan. Oisín, in turn, was the son of the epic hero Fionn mac Cumhail. Though a late addition to the cycle, Oscar was a popular character, and appeared prominently in several later Fenian tales, serving his grandfather as one of the fianna. His death is described in the story Cath Gabhra, which pits the increasingly corrupt fianna against the army of High King Cairbre Lifechair. Cairbre, aided by defected Fianna warriors loyal to Goll mac Morna, receives his death blow from Oscar, but mortally wounds him with his steel chains as his final act. Oscar's death causes Fionn to weep for the only time in his life, and serves as the final blow to the fianna's strength.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Óscar García Junyent, known as simply Óscar, is a Spanish retired footballer.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Óscar González Marcos: Óscar Javier González Marcos, known as simply Óscar, is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for Real Valladolid as an attacking midfielder.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar Lauterbach is an actor and film producer.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Harmon Nelson was a musician.
- also known as Harmon Oscar Nelson Jr., Oscar, Harmon O. Nelson, Ham
- born on (108 years ago) in Massachusetts
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Musician
- died on (39 years ago) in Los Angeles
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar was a choreographer and an actor.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Óscar is a musical artist.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a musician.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a musical artist.
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group El Último Ke Zierre (Guitar) since
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a musician.
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group Radiorama
Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a musical group.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a therapy cat living in the Steere House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Providence, Rhode Island, United States. He came to public attention in July 2007 when he was featured in an article by David Dosa, a geriatrician and assistant professor at Brown University, in the New England Journal of Medicine. According to Dosa, Oscar appears able to predict the impending death of terminally ill patients. Explanations for this ability include the lack of movement in such patients, or that the cat can smell ketones, the biochemicals released by dying cells.
- born in (10 years ago)
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is an all black cat owned by Kate Allan and Mike Nolan who lives on the Channel Island of Jersey. In 2009 Oscar had both hind paws severed by a combine harvester. Since then he has undergone a pioneering operation to add prosthetic feet. The treatment has since been considered for use with humans. A book about Oscar's story, Oscar the Bionic Cat was published in 2013.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar appeared in the 2012 film Ruby Sparks.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Oscar (actor)
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a fictional character from the American television series The Walking Dead. Unlike his fellow prisoners Tomas, Andrew, and Axel, he is an original character and shares no comic counterpart.
- created by Glen Mazzara
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a fictional character from the 2004 animated comedy Shark Tale.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a fictional character from the 1979–1980 TV Series Mobile Suit Gundam.
- also known as Oscar Dublin
- Oscar! a.k.a. Óscar is a fictional character from the 1985 film Move Over, Mrs. Markham.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a fictional character from the 2009 drama film Enter the Void.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a fictional character in the 1989 film "Driving Miss Daisy", original story by Alfred Uhry.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a fictional character from the 1970 film Pippi in the South Seas and the book with the same name.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a fictional character from the 2011 film Nani.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Óscar is a fictional character from the 2012 film The Sex of the Angels.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a fictional character from the 2002 film Ice Age.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a fictional character from the 2013 drama film Fruitvale.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a fictional character from the 2011 film The Quiet Game.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a fictional film character.
- "Oscar!" a.k.a. "Oscar" is a 1991 American screwball comedy film directed by John Landis. Based on the Claude Magnier stage play, it is a remake of the 1967 French film of the same name, but the settings has been moved to the Depression era New York City and centers on a mob boss trying to go straight. The film stars Sylvester Stallone, Marisa Tomei, Ornella Muti, Tim Curry, and Chazz Palminteri and was a rare attempt by Stallone at doing a comedy role.
- also known as Kızıma Dokunma
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, Italian Language
- producer: Leslie Belzberg
- executive producers: Alex Ponti & Joseph S. Vecchio
- production design by Bill Kenney
- art direction by William Ladd Skinner
- written by Jim Mulholland & Michael Barrie
- based on a story by Claude Magnier
- Sylvester Stallone as Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone
- Peter Riegert as Aldo
- Chazz Palminteri as Connie
- Kurtwood Smith as Lt. Toomey
- Ornella Muti as Sofia Provolone
- Marisa Tomei as Lisa Provolone
- Kirk Douglas as Eduardo Provolone
- Don Ameche as Father Clemente
- Linda Gray as Roxanne
- Tim Curry as Dr. Thornton Poole
- Eddie Bracken as Five Spot Charlie
- Paul Greco as Schemer
- Richard Foronjy as Knucky
- Harry Shearer as Guido Finucci
- Ken Howard as Kirkwood
- Martin Ferrero as Luigi Finucci
- Joey Travolta as Ace
- William Atherton as Overton
- Yvonne De Carlo as Aunt Rosa
- Vincent Spano as Anthony Rossano
- Elizabeth Barondes as Theresa
- Richard Romanus as Vendetti
- Sam Chew Jr. as Van Leland
- Mark Metcalf as Milhous
- Joycelyn O'Brien as Nora
- Robert Lesser as Officer Keough
- Art LaFleur as Officer Quinn
- Arleen Sorkin as Vendetti's Manicurist
- Kai Wulff as Underwood Chauffeur
- Tony Munafo as Frankie the Roach
- Sal Vecchio as Vendetti Hood
- Danny Goldstine as Cab Driver
- Marshall Bell as Reporter #1
- Tom Grant as Reporter #2
- Louis D'Alto as Reporter #3
- Rick Avery as Vendetti's Driver
- Jim Mulholland as Oscar
- Joe Dante as Face on the Cutting Room Floor
- Jim Abrahams as Postman
- Sam Bauso as Man With Briefcase
- Leesa Halstead as Woman on Street
- Tino Insana as Tiny the Iceman
- Polli Magaro as Lucy
- Sal Mazzotta as Bodyguard 4
- casting by Jackie Burch
- cinematography by Mac Ahlberg
- edited by Dale Beldin
- music by Elmer Bernstein
- costume design by Deborah Nadoolman Landis
- set decoration by Rick Gentz
- location: New York City
- genres: Slapstick, Crime Fiction, Gangster Film, Comedy
- tagline: It's a comedy of criminal proportions!
- rating: PG (USA)
- released on (23 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Razzie Award for Worst Actor of the Century (for "99.5% of everything he's EVER done"), received by Sylvester Stallone
- "Oscar!" a.k.a. "Oscar" is a French comedy of errors directed by Édouard Molinaro and starring Louis de Funès. In the movie, Louis de Funès plays an industrialist named Bertrand Barnier who discovers over the course of a single day that his daughter is pregnant, he has been robbed by an employee, and various other calamities have befallen his household and his business.
- country: France
- language: French
- director: Édouard Molinaro
- producer: Alain Poiré
- written by Louis de Funès, Jean Halain, Claude Magnier & Édouard Molinaro
- starring: Louis de Funès as Bertrand Barnier
- cinematography by Raymond Pierre Lemoigne
- edited by Robert Isnardon & Monique Isnardon
- music by Jean Marion, Georges Delerue
- genre: Comedy
- subject: Sicilian Mafia
- released in (48 years ago)
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a British TV serial first transmitted by BBC 2 in March 1985. Michael Gambon portrayed Oscar Wilde while other actors included Robin Lermitte as Lord Alfred Douglas, Tim Hardy as Alfred Taylor, Emily Richard as Constance Wilde and Norman Rodway as the Marquis of Queensberry. The serial concentrated on Wilde's trials and time in prison.
- "Oscar!" a.k.a. "Oscar" is a 2011 documentary short biography family film directed by Aoife Naughton.
- "Oscar!" a.k.a. "Oscar" is a short film, directed by Isauro Torres.
- country: New Zealand
"Oscar!" a.k.a. "Oscar" is a platform game that was released on Amiga 500, Amiga 1200, Amiga CD32, MS-DOS and SNES in 1993, and was developed and published by Flair Software. The CD32 version was bundled with the CD32 console on the same disc as the puzzle game Diggers.
- also known as אוסקר
- mode: Single-player video game
- developer: Microvalue
- genres: Platform game, Action game
- publishers: Microvalue, Flair Software
- released in (22 years ago)
- "Oscar!" a.k.a. "Oscar" is an American opera in two acts, with music by composer Theodore Morrison and a libretto by Morrison and English opera director John Cox. The opera, Morrison's first, is based on the life of Oscar Wilde, focused on his trial and imprisonment in Reading Gaol. It was a co-commission and co-production between The Santa Fe Opera and Opera Philadelphia. The opera received its world premiere at The Santa Fe Opera on 27 July 2013. It is scheduled for a production at Opera Philadelphia in February 2015.
- music by Theodore Morrison
- "Oscar!" a.k.a. "Oscar" is a musical single of Shack.
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Oscar!" a.k.a. "Oscar" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music and lyrics by Renaud Séchan
- "Oscar!" is a musical album of Oscar Castro-Neves.
- released in (28 years ago)
- "Oscar!" a.k.a. "Oscar" is a musical album of Philip Catherine.
- released in (25 years ago)
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is an unincorporated community located in the southeastern portion of Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana. It is located primarily along Louisiana Highway 1 on the southern end of False River. Famous residents include renowned author Ernest Gaines. This community was formerly home to the Oxbow restaurant and Bonaventure's Landing.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar is a small rural unincorporated community in southern Jefferson County, Oklahoma, United States, three miles north of the Red River. Named for Oscar W. Seay, rancher, the post office opened November 23, 1892. The ZIP Code is 73561. The first Postmaster was William Riley Butler, by presidential appointment.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar, Kentucky: Oscar is an unincorporated community located in Ballard County, Kentucky, United States.
- Oscar! a.k.a. The Academy Awards or The Oscars is an annual American awards ceremony honoring cinematic achievements in the film industry. The various category winners are awarded a copy of a statuette, officially the Academy Award of Merit, that is better known by its nickname Oscar. The awards, first presented in 1929 at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, are overseen by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- also known as Oscar, Oscars
- official website: www.oscars.org
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar: Astronotus ocellatus is a species of fish from the cichlid family known under a variety of common names including oscar, tiger oscar, velvet cichlid, or marble cichlid. In South America, where the species naturally resides, A. ocellatus specimens are often found for sale as a food fish in the local markets. The fish introduced to other areas, including China, Australia, and the United States. It is considered a popular aquarium fish in the U.S.
- also known as 地圖魚
- Oscar! a.k.a. OScar is the first attempt to design an entire automobile using open-source principles. The aim of the project is mainly to produce blueprints, using essentially open-source CAD. The project commenced in 1999, founded by Markus Merz, and launched its 0.2 release in 2006, but no further progress has been made. In 2007, Merz admitted the project was a hobby.
- Oscar! a.k.a. OSCAR is an acronym for Orbiting Satellite Carrying Amateur Radio. OSCAR series amateur radio satellites use amateur radio frequency allocations to facilitate communication between amateur radio stations. AMSAT was started by a group of Amateur Radio Operators most of whom were working at or associated with NASA's Goddard Space Center north of Washington DC.
- Oscar! a.k.a. Oscar: Oszkár est un prénom hongrois masculin.
- Oscar! a.k.a. OSCAR: Osteoclast-associated immunoglobulin-like receptor is a protein that in humans is encoded by the OSCAR gene.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Oscar!
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Oscar!
Anagrams of OSCAR!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Oscar!!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Oscar! to see it in context!