The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun outburst:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun outburst
- Definition of the verb outburst
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Outburst
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Outburst
- Photos about Outburst
- Video about Outburst
- Quotes about Outburst
- Scrabble value of O1U1T1B3U1R1S1T1
- Anagrams of OUTBURST
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun outburst
What does outburst mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: outbursts
- an unrestrained expression of emotion
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonyms of outburst: blowup / ebullition / effusion / gush
- more generic words: expression / manifestation / reflection / reflexion = expression without words
- more specific terms:
- a sudden intense happening
- example: an outburst of heavy rain
- lexical domain: Natural Events - nouns denoting natural events
- synonyms of outburst: burst / flare-up
- more generic terms: happening / natural event / occurrence / occurrent = an event that happens
- more specific words:
- a sudden violent disturbance
Alternative definition of the noun outburst
- a sudden, violent expression of emotion or activity
- antonym: inburst
Definition of the verb outburst
What does outburst mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: outburst | outbursting | outbursts
- [intransitive] To burst out.
- "Outburst" is a musical album of The Nomads.
- released in (32 years ago)
- "Outburst" is a musical single of Stan Arwell.
- "Outburst" is a musical album of Kevlar Skin.
- Outburst is a game originally devised in 1986 by Hersch and Company of Los Angeles and later licensed by Parker Brothers, now a division of Hasbro. Since 2004, it has been produced by Mattel.
- Outburst: An outburst is the sudden and violent ejection of coal, gas and rock from a coal face and surrounding strata in an underground coal mine. When outbursts occur, they can be very serious events, possibly even resulting in multiple fatalities.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Outburst
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Wisdom Won from Illness (2017)
Essays in Philosophy and Psychoanalysis by Jonathan Lear
The danger for us analysts is that we unwittingly move from thinking that this outburst is an expression of fear to assuming that it cannot also be a...
by Roberto Fanti, K. Kellerman, Giancarlo Setti
The only component in each map which is intense enough to house the outburst is the core, and therefore the outer component should, in analogy with outbursts followed in other core-dominated radio sources like 3C 345 and 3C 273, be a ...
by CTI Reviews
contains the phrase An outburst is the sudden and violent ejection of coal, ...
International Mining Forum 2010 by Liu Zegong, Jerzy Kicki, Hua Xinzhu, Yuan Shujie, Dai Guanglong, Eugeniusz J. Sobczyk
INTRODUCTION Coal and gas outburst is a dynamic phenomenon that broken coal and gas violently jet from the internal of coal to mining free-space suddenly under the effect of geophysical field which is mainly on the interaction between ...
Without Prejudice (2012)
Nailing the Standard by Jie Fu Kwan Wu
's outburst is that Longa was verging on bankruptcy. The point being; Keaton had prior knowledge before the meeting and it also follows that if lim Keaton was aware of lock Longa's insolvency, then, Nigel Clay Rathdowney would have ...
The Problem Plays by D. Margolies
Helenus' riposte to Troilus' outburst is a more.
by Andrew Goudie, Visiting Professor and Special Adviser to the Principal Andrew Goudie
Outburst floods or jökulhlaups, are high magnitude, low frequency catastrophic ( see CATASTROPHISM) events involving the sudden release of glacial meltwater (see MELTWATER AND MELTWATER CHANNEL) stored in subglacial (see ...
by Sidney L. Landau
eruption, epidemic, outburst, explosion, invasion. 2 mutiny, insurrection, upheaval, uprising, revolt, insurgence, revolution, disturbance, riot, uproar, violence. outburst n. explosion, eruption, outpouring, rush, discharge, burst, blast, thunder, ...
by Vijay P. Singh, Pratap Singh, Umesh K. Haritashya
Heavy rainfall or snow melt may increase the lake level abruptly and lead to an outburst (Clague and Evans, 2000). Hazard potential by glacier lake outbursts Among glacier hazards, glacier lake outburst floods possess the most far- reaching ...
Mental Health and Mental Disorders: An Encyclopedia of Conditions, Treatments, and Well-Being [3 volumes] (2015)
An Encyclopedia of Conditions, Treatments, and Well-Being by Len Sperry
There is a recognized disorder titled “intermittent explosive disorder” in which the central feature is repeated behavioral anger-based aggressive outburst. Diagnosis is made depending on the intensity of the verbal and physical aggression ...
by Jan Pinkerton, Randolph H. Hudson
The year was 1920; the previous decade in the Windy City had offered a startling outburst of poetry and fiction, ranging from cele- brations of vital, if grimy, city landscapes to exposés of small-town dysfunction—exposés soon to be labeled “ the ...
Similes Dictionary (2013)
by Elyse Sommer
OUTBURST. See: BURST. <. OUT.
GIS glacial lake outburst flood percentage frequencies. The value of G can range from 0 to 100, with a value of 0 indicating exact correspondence between the two frequencies. The Gini coefficient is often used in conjunction with the Lorenz ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Outburst
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Outburst
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about The Outburst.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Outburst
Video shows what outburst means. To burst out.. Outburst Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say outburst. Powered by MaryTTS ...
View more videos about Outburst flood.
See also the pronunciation examples of Outburst!
Quotes about Outburst
Scrabble value of O1U1T1B3U1R1S1T1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of OUTBURST
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- BURST OUT
See also the blanagrams of Outburst!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Outburst to see it in context!