On this page:
- Definition of the noun PAA
- Phrases with Paa
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Paa
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Paa
- Photos about Paa
- Video language resources about Paa
- Quotes about Paa
- Scrabble value of P3A1A1
- Anagrams of PAA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun PAA
What does PAA mean as a name of something?
Paa is a genus of Dicroglossidae, described by Dubois in 1975.
- synonym: genus Paa
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Amphibia
- order: Anura
- family: Dicroglossidae
- genus: Nanorana
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
"Paa" is a 2009 Indian comedy-drama film directed by R. Balakrishnan starring Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, and Vidya Balan. The film is based on a rare genetic condition known as progeria and places emphasis on a father-son relationship. Amitabh Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan, in real life, are father and son respectively, but in Paa, they played opposite roles. The film was released worldwide on 4 Dec 2009. Veteran composer Ilaiyaraaja scored the music. The film was critically acclaimed in India and fared well at the box office. Despite a warm reception from Indian film critics, the film received mixed reviews from overseas film critics, according to the websites Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes. Amitabh Bachchan received his third National Film Award for Best Actor and his fifth Filmfare Best Actor Award and Vidya Balan got her first Filmfare Best Actress Award. Paa deals with a real medical condition that results in accelerated ageing called progeria.
- also known as Pa
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- director: R. Balki
- producers: Sunil Manchanda & Amitabh Bachchan
- executive producer: Rajesh Sawhney
- art direction by Kiran Khanna
- written by R. Balki
- Arundathi Nag as Vidya's mother
- Abhishek Bachchan as Amol Arte
- Paresh Rawal as Mr. Arte
- Vidya Balan as Dr. Vidya
- Amitabh Bachchan as Auro
- Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan
- Sanjay Lafont as Sagar
- Swini Khara as Auro's classmate
- Sharad Vyas
- Saurabh Agarwal
- Shikha Arora
- Rupali Arte
- Divya Bhatia
- Karan Bhiwandiker
- Sanjay Chauhan
- Nimmit Daiya as Abhishek
- Ramakant Dayma as Amol's Secretary
- Dhruvin Doshi
- cinematography by P. C. Sreeram
- edited by Anil Naidu
- music by Ilaiyaraaja
- genres: Comedy, Bollywood, World cinema, Drama
- released on (5 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- National Film Award for Best Actor (Role: Auro), received by Amitabh Bachchan
- National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress (Role: Vidya's mother), received by Arundathi Nag
- National Film Award for Best Make-up Artist, received by Christien Tinsley & Dominie Till
- National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi, received by Amitabh Bachchan Corporation, R. Balki, Sunil Manchanda
- Filmfare Award for Best Film (Amitabh Bachchan Corporation) nomination for Amitabh Bachchan & Sunil Manchanda
- Filmfare Award for Best Director nomination for R. Balki
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress nomination for Arundathi Nag
- Filmfare Award for Best Screenplay nomination for R. Balki
- IIFA Award for Best Movie (Sunil Manchanda) nomination for Reliance Big Pictures, Amitabh Bachchan Corporation, Mad Entertainment
- IIFA Award for Best Director nomination for R. Balki
- IIFA Award for Best Supporting Actor (Amol Arte) nomination for Abhishek Bachchan
- IIFA Award for Best Supporting Actress (Vidya's mother) nomination for Arundathi Nag
- IIFA Award for Best Story nomination for R. Balki
- Filmfare Award for Best Actor nomination for Amitabh Bachchan
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress nomination for Vidya Balan
- IIFA Award for Best Actor (Auro) nomination for Amitabh Bachchan
- IIFA Award for Best Actress (Vidya) nomination for Vidya Balan
- Stardust Award for Star of the Year – Male nomination for Amitabh Bachchan
- Stardust Award for Best Supporting Actor nomination for Abhishek Bachchan
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress, received by Vidya Balan
- Filmfare Award for Best Actor, received by Amitabh Bachchan
- IIFA Award for Best Actor (Auro), received by Amitabh Bachchan
- IIFA Award for Best Actress (Vidya), received by Vidya Balan
- IIFA Award for Best Makeup, received by Dominie Till & Christien Tinsley
- Stardust Award for Star of the Year – Male (Reader's choice), received by Amitabh Bachchan
- Stardust Award for Best Supporting Actor (Reader's choice), received by Abhishek Bachchan
Paa a.k.a. Pää is a fictional character from the 2008 film 8 Days to Premiere.
"Paa" is the soundtrack album of the 2009 film.
PAA a.k.a. Phenylacetic acid is an organic compound containing a phenyl functional group and a carboxylic acid functional group. It is a white solid with a disagreeable odor. Because it is used in the illicit production of phenylacetone, it is subject to controls in the United States.
- read more about Phenylacetic acid
Phrases with Paa
Phrases starting with the word Paa:
- Paa yei
- Paa feae
- Paa liui
- Paa rara
- Paa Shini
- Paa minica
- Paa rarica
- Paa vicina
- Paa arnoldi
- Paa spinosa
- Paa bourreti
- Paa ercepeae
- Paa liebigii
- Paa maculosa
- Paa polunini
- Paa quadrana
- Paa rostandi
Phrases ending with the word Paa:
View more phrases with the word Paa in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Paa
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Elementary Astronomy (1899)
A Beginner's Text-book by Edward Singleton Holden
PAa is a meridian of the celestial sphere passing through the star ...
by P.A. Clarkson
where p is the connection 1- form (each component pAA is a matrix-valued function of the coordinates on Hk).
by Jack L. Cronenwett, K. Wayne Johnston
Conclusion Although PAA is a relatively uncommon disease, its presence has the potential to put the limb at risk. Once suspected, it ...
by Aaron L. Brody
The modification is called PAA tProfile Attribute Analysis). The QDA method tQuantitative Descriptive Analysis) tStone et al.. l974) is fundamentally more quantitative. and relies upon statisti- cal analyses of the results, such as means and ...
Healthcare Sterilisation (2014)
Challenging Practices by Wayne J Rogers
Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Sterilisation with Peracetic Acid Additive PAA is an effective agent in eliminating many kinds of harmful bacteria and ...
by Etzel Cardeña, Enrico Facco
PAA is an unconscious phenomenon that seems to be a time-reversed reflection of the usual physiological response to a stimulus. It appears to resemble precognition (consciously knowing something is going to happen before it does), but ...
Comprehensive Biomaterials (2015)
by Paul Ducheyne, Kevin Healy, Dietmar E. Hutmacher, David W. Grainger, C. James Kirkpatrick
and peracetic acid (PAA)- based systems, as well as other oxidizing agents used in liquid and gaseous processes. PAA is a strong oxidizing agent, and its oxidation potential is greater than ...
The World's most comprehensive list of English-language medical abbreviations and acronyms by Burt Vance
PA = pulmonary artery PA = pulmonary atresia PA = pulpoaxial PA = puromycin aminonucleoside PA = pyruvic acid PA = pyrrolizidine alkaloid PAA = panic and anticipatory anxiety paa = parti effecti applicandus [= to apply to affected part(s)] ...
by F. E. Hundrup
Disfe anfortes paa Toget imod Troja af Aias„ Oileuv's Son og af de Staeder- de beboede- noevner Homcros [1. Lf 527 fig.: K'ynos, Opus- Kalliarosf Befax Skarphe- Augeiaif Tarphe og Thronion. De vare letbevaebnede Buefkyttcr, og kunde ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Paa
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Paa
Click on an item to view that photo:
San Francisco International Airport -- Museum
Photo credit: Ed Bierman
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Paa
Click on an item to play that video:
- Paa Making
- Paa, Tuhod Animated (Awiting Pambata)
Paa, tuhod, balikat, ulo (3x) Pumadyak tayo at magpalakpakan.
- Paa (Movie) Trailer - Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Vidya Balan
Very Very Different Subject Movie...This is happens once in a millions!!!!!!!!Amitabh Bachchan is really a millenium star...
- Paa - Vishnu, Auro's Best Friend
- Ahas na may paa, nahuli sa Isabela
- Sanam - Paa Hi Liya
Acoustic version of 'Paa Hi Liya'. LYRICS by Samar Puri Originally composed by Samar Sanam. Second track from the album 'Samar Sanam' released in 2012 ...
- Paa Theme - Remix [Full Song] - Paa
Song - Paa Theme - Remix Film - Paa Singer - Various Lyricist - Various Music Director - Ilaiyaraja Artist - Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Vidya Balan, ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Paa!
Quotes about Paa
Med en Bronze-Hest som Papirpresser)
Til en dansk Statsmand
Her kommer en Hest paa flyvende Fire,
Den kom fra Arabien denne Nat.
Den græsser alene paa Statspapirer,
Og staaer i Tøir paa en Tanke-Skat.
(Hans Christian Andersen)
more quotes about paa...
Scrabble value of P3A1A1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PAA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Paa!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Paa to find many related words and phrases!