The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun pain pill:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun pain pill
What does pain pill mean as a name of something?
- a medicine used to relieve pain
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of pain pill: analgesic / anodyne / painkiller
- more generic terms: medicament / medication / medicinal drug / medicine = something that treats or prevents or alleviates the symptoms of disease
- more specific terms:
- acetaminophen = an analgesic for mild pain but not for inflammation
- phenylacetamide / acetanilide / acetanilid = a white crystalline compound used as an analgesic and also as an antipyretic
- acetophenetidin / acetphenetidin / phenacetin = a white crystalline compound used as an analgesic and also as an antipyretic
- amidopyrine / aminopyrine = a white crystalline substance used as an analgesic and antipyretic
- acetylsalicylic acid / aspirin = the acetylated derivative of salicylic acid; used as an analgesic anti-inflammatory drug usually taken in tablet form; used as an antipyretic
- codeine = derivative of opium
- colchicine = an analgesic drug derived from the saffron plant and used to treat gout
- morphine / morphia = an alkaloid narcotic drug extracted from opium
- sodium salicylate = a crystalline salt used as an analgesic and antipyretic
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for pain pill
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Lupus Encyclopedia (2014)
A Comprehensive Guide for Patients and Families by Donald E. Thomas, Jr.
It is a huge mistake to think that simply taking medicines for fibromyalgia or taking a pain pill is going to do the trick. If you truly want to get better from your fibromyalgia, then you absolutely must force yourself to exercise. The resistance to ...
by Sana Loue, Martha Sajatovic
A mild pain pill is prescribed, and sometimes an antibiotic as well. If more than one area is suctioned, very limited activity is advised for 2–3 days. In addition, a compression garment is ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for pain pill
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about pain pill
If you need images about pain pill for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Anagrams of PAIN PILL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of pain pill!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of pain pill to see it in context!