On this page:
- Pais is a red wine grape that has played a prominent role in the Chilean wine industry. Up until the turn of the 21st century, it was Chile's most planted variety until it was overtaken by Cabernet Sauvignon. Today it is most commonly used in the creation of jug wine in the Bío-Bío, Maule and Itata River regions in the south. The grape is sometimes known as Negra Peruana. In Argentina the grape is known as Criolla Chica.
- Pais is a genus of moths of the Noctuidae family.
- Pais a.k.a. phosphoribosylaminoimidazole carboxylase, phosphoribosylaminoimidazole succinocarboxamide synthetase is a gene.
- also known as AIR carboxylase, SAICAR synthetase, multifunctional protein ADE2
- Pais a.k.a. phosphoribosylglycinamide formyltransferase, phosphoribosylglycinamide synthetase, phosphoribosylaminoimidazole synthetase is a gene.
- also known as trifunctional purine biosynthetic protein adenosine-3
Phrases with Pais
Phrases ending with the word Pais:
- Themone Pais
- Acorynus Pais
- Ectropis Pais
- Dasychira Pais
- Themone Pais Pais
- Species Themone Pais
- Species Acorynus Pais
- Species Ectropis Pais
- Species Dasychira Pais
- Subspecies Themone Pais Pais
Other phrases containing the word Pais:
- Themone Pais Bambino
- Themone Pais Eutacta
- Themone Pais Paidion
- Themone Pais Storthynga
- Subspecies Themone Pais Bambino
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Pais
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Ex Auditu - Volume 31 (2016)
An International Journal of Theological Interpretation of Scripture by Klyne Snodgrass
pais refers to children vs. servants in the three other times it is used in Matthew outside of the OT quotation in 12:18 ...
Home Grown Leaders (1992)
by Edgar J. Elliston
Pais is a servant of the lowest status in either age or responsibility. Such a servant was not given responsibility over other people. Even though the status is low, the pais is still under the protection and care of the Lord (cf. Philip Greenslade.
Power, Identity and Fandom in Football by Adam Brown
El Pais is a tabloid-sized quality daily Spanish newspaper, politically, traditionally to the left of centre and generally considered to bias Spain's PSOE socialist government which held power from 1982-96. The German newspaper examined is ...
14th International Conference on Information Technology by Shahram Latifi
PAIS is a web application designed to register the PAGs and its participants, and to ...
Workhouse Encyclopedia (2012)
by Peter Higginbotham
After the abolition of the Boards of Guardians in 1930, many former workhouses were redesignated as Public Assistance Institutions (PAIs). PAIs were administered by local Public Assistance Committees set up by county or county borough ...
by Douglas L. Wheeler, Walter C. Opello Jr.
PAIS, SIDONIO (1872—1918). Leading political figure during the First Republic, minister to ...
Abridged in One Volume by Gerhard Kittel, Gerhard Friedrich, Geoffrey W. Bromiley
pais theou in the NT. Of eight instances of this phrase, one refers to Israel (Lk. 1: 54), ...
A Guide to Laws and Theorems Named After Economists by Julio Segura, Carlos Rodríguez Braun
de Economia Aplicada, Universidad del Pais Vasco- EHU, Bilbao, Spain Cochrane- Orcutt procedure Dolado, Juan J., Universidad Carlos III, Madrid, Spain Bonferroni bound ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pais
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Pais
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Pais
Video shows what pais means. The (people of the) country.. pais pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. pais meaning. Powered ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Pais!
Quotes about Pais
One of the things I learned, one of the strangest things, is how to think. There was nothing else to do. I couldn't see people, or go for a walk in the forest. All I had was my head and my books, and I thought a lot. (Abraham Pais)
more quotes about pais...
Scrabble value of P3A1I1S1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PAIS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Pais!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Pais to see it in context!