Pal appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Laptops spot pal.
- Spot pal's laptops.
- 'Tis burlap: a pal rubs it.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun pal:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun pal
- Definition of the verb pal
- Phrases with Pal
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Pal
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pal
- Photos about Pal
- Videos about Pal
- Quotes about Pal
- Scrabble value of P3A1L1
- Anagrams of PAL
- Share this page
The word pal is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun pal
What does pal mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: pals
- a close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities
Alternative definition of the noun pal
- [colloquial] A friend, buddy, mate, cobber, someone to hang around with.
Definition of the verb pal
What does pal mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: palled, palling
- become friends; act friendly towards
Alternative definition of the verb pal
- Be friends with, hang around with.
- PAL a.k.a. Philippine Airlines, also known historically as Philippine Air Lines, is the flag carrier of the Philippines. Headquartered at the PNB Financial Center in Pasay City, the airline was founded in 1941 and is the first and oldest commercial airline in Asia operating under its original name. Out of its hubs at Ninoy Aquino International Airport of Manila and Mactan-Cebu International Airport of Cebu, Philippine Airlines serves 31 destinations in the Philippines and 36 overseas destinations in Southeast Asia, East Asia, Middle East, Oceania, North America and Europe.
- read more about Philippine Airlines
- PAL a.k.a. Preservation Association of Lincoln is a nonprofit organization.
- read more about Preservation Association of Lincoln
- Pal a.k.a. Pål is a musical artist.
- Pal a.k.a. Pål Skjønberg: Pål Eugen Bucher Skjønberg was a Norwegian actor.
- Pal a.k.a. Paul W. Shapiro is a screenwriter.
- read more about Paul W. Shapiro
Pal is a musical group.
- albums: "Canciones Hacia El Fin De Una Especie", "Factores que afectan al equilibrio", "Error de fábrica"
- Pal was a Rough Collie actor and the first in a line of such dogs to portray the fictional female collie Lassie in film and television. Pal was born in California in 1940 and eventually brought to the notice of Rudd Weatherwax, a Hollywood animal trainer. In 1943, the dog was chosen to play Lassie in MGM's feature film, Lassie Come Home. Following his film debut, Pal starred in six more MGM Lassie films from the mid-1940s to early-1950s, then appeared briefly in shows, fairs, and rodeos around the United States before starring in the two pilots filmed in 1954 for the television series, Lassie. Pal retired after filming the television pilots, and died in 1958. He sired a line of descendants who continued to play the fictional character he originated. The Saturday Evening Post said Pal had "the most spectacular canine career in film history".
- Pal a.k.a. Pete the Dog: Pete the Pup was an American Staffordshire Terrier character in Hal Roach's Our Gang comedies during the 1930s. Otherwise known as "Pete, the Dog With the Ring Around His Eye", or simply "Petey", he was well known for having a circled eye that was added on by Hollywood make-up artist Max Factor and credited as an oddity in Ripley's Believe It or Not. The original Pete was an American Pit Bull Terrier named "Pal the Wonder Dog", and had a natural ring almost completely around his eye; dye was used to finish it off.
- read more about Pete the Dog
- Pal is an actor dog.
- read more about Pal (film actor)
- Pal is a fictional character from the 2005 Thai television program Nang Barb.
- Pal is a fictional character from the 1995 film Girl in the Cadillac.
- Pal is a fictional character from the 1926 film Open Spaces.
- Pal is a fictional character from the 1989 film Uncle Buck.
- Pal is a fictional character from the 2012 film Kabaddi Once Again.
- Pal is a fictional character from the play Khandan.
- Pal is a fictional character from the 1972 film Yeh Gulistan Hamara.
- Pal is a fictional character from 1954 film Untamed Heiress.
- Pal is a fictional character from the 1975 film Ek Mahal Ho Sapno Ka.
- Pal a.k.a. Pål is a fictional character from the 1967 film The Greatest Gamble.
- Pal a.k.a. Pål is a fictional character from the 2013 film Shed No Tears.
- Pal is a fictional character from the 1935 comedy film Long Live with Dearly Departed.
- Pal a.k.a. Pål is a fictional character from the 2009 film Twigson.
- Pal is a fictional character from the 2013 film The Bliss.
- Pal a.k.a. Pål is a fictional character from the 2003 film Ulvesommer.
- Pal is a fictional film character.
"PAL": When cash-strapped slob Eddie Baird is told that he has the chance to be told the winning lottery numbers, naturally he is surprised. What's even more shocking was that the mysterious character telling him was inside his own television set. In exchange for the numbers, Eddie is given six tasks to complete for each number.
- genre: Drama
- released in (8 years ago)
"Pal" a.k.a. "Moment": Pal was the debut solo album of KK. The album was arranged, composed and produced by Leslie Lewis of Colonial Cousins. The lyrics have been written by Mehboob. All the tracks have been sung by KK.
- read more about Moment
- Pal is a village in Andorra, located in the parish of La Massana 4 km west of the town of La Massana, close to the border with Spain at Tor, Pallars. Pal is a population center of the Principality of Andorra is located in the parish of La Massana. In 2013 it had 235 inhabitants. Situated in the shady area by the river at 1,551 m altitude Pal. The village church is dedicated to St. Clement, in Romanesque style with a rectangular bell tower with mullioned windows decorated. Above the town, in the forest of Pal, was inaugurated in 1982 the ski resort of Pal now grouped with the Arinsal ski area forming the Vallnord.
- also known as Pal, Andorra
- part of La Massana
- Pal a.k.a. Parafield Airport is on the edge of the residential suburb of Parafield, South Australia, 18 km north of the Adelaide city centre and adjacent to the Mawson Lakes campus of the University of South Australia. It is Adelaide's second airport and the fifth busiest airport in Australia by aircraft movements. Although owned by the Government of Australia, the airport is leased to and managed independently by Parafield Airport Ltd.
- PAL, short for Phase Alternating Line, is a colour encoding system for analogue television used in broadcast television systems in most countries broadcasting at 625-line / 50 field per second. Other common colour encoding systems are NTSC and SECAM. This page primarily discusses the PAL colour encoding system. The articles on broadcast television systems and analogue television further describe frame rates, image resolution and audio modulation.
- Pal a.k.a. Rpal is a functional programming language related to the ML programming language. It is a subset of PAL, a language invented by Arthur Evans, Jr. and John Wozencraft in the early 1970s at MIT for teaching programming language construction.
- pal is a gene.
- Pal a.k.a. Pal clan: Pal is a Gotra or clan of Jats found mainly in the state of Punjab in India.
- read more about Pal clan
- Pal a.k.a. Pahlavi Language is an human language.
- pal is a genomic locus.
- Pal is a file format.
- Pal is a common surname found in India.
- Pal a.k.a. peptidylglycine alpha-amidating monooxygenase is a gene.
- also known as peptidylglycine 2-hydroxylase, peptidyl-alpha-hydroxyglycine alpha-amidating lyase, peptidylglycine alpha-hydroxylating monooxygenase, pancreatic peptidylglycine alpha-amidating monooxygenase, peptidyl alpha-amidating enzyme
- Pal a.k.a. leucine rich repeat containing 21 is a gene.
- also known as retina specific protein PAL
Phrases with Pal
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Pal
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Mengfei Yang, Gengxin Hua, Yanjun Feng, Jian Gong
PAL and GAL 126.96.36.199.1 PAL and its Structure PAL is a kind of programmable device, first manufactured by Monolithic Memories Inc.
Calculus and ODEs, Splines, Probability, Fourier and Wavelet Theory, Fractals and Neural Networks, Categories and Lambda Calculus by Guerino Mazzola, Gérard Milmeister, Jody Weissmann
Pal is the combination 30 - Po + X. 3, . Pi.
Pal is a subset of Conv(X). Conversely, this union is convex. In fact, if a e A[Po,
by Witold Pedrycz, Andrzej Skowron, Vladik Kreinovich
Pal is the director of the Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta.
Professor Pal is a fellow of the IEEE, USA, Third World Academy of Sciences, Italy, International Association for Pattern Recognition, USA, and all the four National ...
Volume 15 - Reporting on Parallel Software to SNOBOL by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
PAL: PAL is a standard for receiving and transmitting color video signals. PAL is the primary video color standard used in Europe (except France, which uses a standard called SECAM). The corresponding U.S. standard is called NTSC. pixel: ...
Macmillan's Magazine (1874)
A pal is a brother (Gipsy pal, plal). The term bosh for a fiddle, a word only used by the lower orders, is Gipsy. “Can you roker Romany, and play on the bosh & " means, “Can you talk gipsy, and play on the fiddle ** Of such tramps' words, now ...
by Sankar K. Pal, Alfredo Petrosino, Lucia Maddalena
Pal is a fellow of the IEEE, USA, the Academy of Sciences for the Developing World (TWAS), Italy, the International Association for Pattern Recognition, USA, the International Association of Fuzzy Systems, USA, and all the four national ...
by David J. Bodenhamer, Robert G. Barrows
Officer Forrest Higgs organized the first PAL club at Rhodius Park ( southwestern Indianapolis) in 1941 as part of a new crime prevention program.
Orthopaedic Dictionary (1994)
by Stanley Hoppenfeld, Michael S. Zeide
Palindromic Rheumatism (pal"in-dro'mic/roo'mahtizm) (n.) An uncommon type of recurring acute arthritis and periarthritis with sympton-free intervals of from days to months between attacks. Both sexes are equally affected, with the onset ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pal
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Pal
Click on an item to view that photo:
The beautiful Icelandic horse.
Photo credit: Helgi Halldórsson/Freddi
Photo credit: derivativeofcourse
Photo credit: Laura Ledesma
Went to the Pop Art Lab this evening and met a fellow dane Claus - the mind behind the PAL
Photo credit: Bine Rodenberger
- New Pal
Photo credit: The Manic Macrographer
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Pal
Click on an item to play that video:
- Dom's PAL vs NTSC explanation and problems
The differences between these formats really start with the electrical power system behind the transmissions viewed on a TV. In the US and countries like ...
- Pal Meaning
Video shows what Pal means. A language of Papua New Guinea.. Palestine. Pal Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Pal.
- British English Slang "Mate, Pal & Chum" - BR008
What do you like doing with your best chums? Where are some of your best pals in your English class from? British English Slang What people on the streets of ...
- TNWSR Yeh Pal meaning
- Pal Meaning
Video shows what pal means. A friend, buddy, mate, cobber, someone to hang around with.. pal synonyms: Wikisaurus:friend. pal pronunciation. How to ...
- Pumpin' Pal Products Explanation by the Designer
An explanation of the reasons behind the designs and the benefits of the products.
- AMRIT PAL SINGH speaking meaning waheguru watch
This video was uploaded from an Android phone.
- Video Terminology - NTSC, Pal; Analog, Digital
Video Terminology - NTSC, Pal; Analog, Digital.
- Explanation of.Taegeuk 8 / pal jang(2)
- Tmc Demands Explanation From Taps Pal Over Rape Remark
- Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS PAL Version Language Comparison and Differences
PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE DESCRIPTION. This video is a comparison between all the languages that the PAL version of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U ...
- SSBB - PAL Language Differences:Characters
In Super Smash Bros.Brawl's PAL version there are 5 different language for players to enjoy:English,German, French,Spanish and Italian. This video shows how ...
- How to get Project M for PAL (HOMEBREW NEEDED. CHECK DESCRIPTION FOR FURTHER NEED)
You are going to need: Homebrew Channel 8GB(or over) USB 2GB SD Card SSBB US ISO WBFS Manager Type these on Google and download them then put ...
- Where and how to begin with your Primary Arts of Language (PAL) materials
Watch Andrew Pudewa (Director) and Jill Pike (PAL Author) as they introduce the Primary Arts of Language program and show you how to get started.
- Super Smash bros for. Wii U PAL Language Differences: Announcer
Announcer Voice Comparison Super Smash Bros for. Wii U European version; English, French, Spanish, German and Italian. 0:00 English : Xander Mobus 5:22 ...
- Hello Pal Tutorial 2 - Text and Voice Messaging in a Foreign Language
- Recording your elder/Native speaker with Language Pal 2.0
Training Video: How to record your elders / Native speaker...
- Hello Pal for Android! Learn A New Language By Talking To Others Around The World!
GiveMeApps - Your App Mall. Download and Sell Apps! Sign Up For Free!
- Language Pal 2.0 Cherokee Language iPad
Thornton Media programs indigenous languages on ipad, iphone, android tablets, android phones.
- Demo Day Spring 2012 14 Language Pal
- Language of Gurbani course (online) with Surender Pal Singh
- Arnaque version PAL - Description de mes jeux :)
- Rj Nishit's description about lok pal bill--11.04.11
- The Conduit 2 - PAL Multi Language [Wii] Steam Cracked Multiplayer
See also the pronunciation examples of Pal!
Quotes about Pal
Scrabble value of P3A1L1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PAL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Pal!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Pal to see it in context!