On this page:
- Definition of the noun pandemonium
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Pandemonium
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pandemonium
- Photos about Pandemonium
- Video language resources about Pandemonium
- Scrabble value of P3A1N1D2E1M3O1N1I1U1M3
- Anagram / semordnilap of PANDEMONIUM
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun pandemonium
What does pandemonium mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: pandemoniums
- a state of extreme confusion and disorder
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonyms of pandemonium: bedlam / chaos / topsy-turvydom / topsy-turvyness
- more generic word: confusion = disorder resulting from a failure to behave predictably
- more specific word: balagan = a word for chaos or fiasco borrowed from modern Hebrew
Alternative definition of the noun pandemonium
- [archaic] A place where all demons live; Hell.
- Chaos; tumultuous or lawless violence.
- synonym: uproar
- An outburst; loud, riotous uproar, especially of a crowd.
- "Pandemonium" is a 1982 comedy film spoofing horror movies. It had an ensemble cast including Eileen Brennan, Phil Hartman, Tab Hunter, Carol Kane, David Lander, Eve Arden, Paul Reubens, and Tom Smothers.
- also known as A sátán keze; Thursday the 12th; America, America; Huutosakki hupenee; Thursday the Twelfth; Freitag der 713
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Alfred Sole
- producer: Doug Chapin
- executive producer: Barry Krost
- production design by Jack De Shields
- art direction by James F. Claytor Sr.
- written by Jaime Barton Klein & Richard Whitley
- Candice Azzara as Bambi
- Suzanne Kent as Crying Woman
- Phil Hartman as Reporter
- Michael Kless as Photographer
- David Lander as Pepe
- Carol Kane as Candy
- Eileen Brennan as Candy's Mom
- Judge Reinhold as Glenn
- Bradley Lieberman as Chip Jr.
- Victoria Carroll as Mandy's Mom
- Eve Arden as Warden June
- Tom Smothers as Cooper
- Paul Reubens as Johnson
- Tab Hunter
- cinematography by Michel Hugo
- edited by Eric Jenkins
- music by Dana Kaproff
- costume design by Roberta Weiner
- set decoration by Charles Graffeo
- genres: Horror, Mystery, Comedy
- released in (33 years ago)
- "Pandemonium" a.k.a. "Demons", aka Pandemonium is a 1971 Japanese samurai jidaigeki / horror film directed by Toshio Matsumoto. Referring to asuras, the movie is based on Tsuruya Nanboku and Shuji Ishizawa's play Kamikakete Sango Taisetsu, and reflects the director's experimental filming background and theatrical influence. It was released on 13 February 1971 in Japan by the Art Theatre Guild and Matsumoto Productions Company, almost two years after the director's first feature-length attempt, Funeral Parade of Roses.
- read more about Demons
- "Pandemonium" is a 1987 Australian comedy in the style of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- countries: Australia, United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Haydn Keenan
- producers: Alex Cutler & Haydn Keenan
- executive producer: Patric Juillet
- production design by Melody Cooper
- written by Peter Gailey & Haydn Keenan
- David Argue as Kales Leadingham
- David Argue as Ding the Dingo
- Amanda Dole as The Dingo Girl
- Esben Storm as E.B. De Woolf
- Arna-Maria Winchester as P.B. De Woolf
- Lex Marinos as Detective Sergeant Dick Dickerson
- Rainee Skinner as 1st Twin
- Kerry Mack as 2nd Twin
- Ian Nimmo as Mr. Mack
- Ashley Grenville as Little Adolph
- Mercia Deane-Johns as Morticia
- Pete Smith as Peter Kong
- Gary Foley as The Holy Ghost
- Haydn Keenan as Dr. Doctor
- Ignatius Jones as Director
- cinematography by David Sanderson
- edited by Paul Healy
- music by Cameron Allan
- costume design by Melody Cooper
- genre: Comedy
- released in (29 years ago)
- "Pandemonium" is a film.
- also known as 복마전 ko
- country: South Korea
- genres: Action Film, Crime Fiction
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Pandemonium
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
National Repository (1879)
Pandemonium is a wonderful creation, with its burning lake, its land burning with solid lire, its gates of adamant, its cataracts of fire, its palpable darkness, its sounds and sightsof unutterable woe; but Pandemonium is only the background to ...
by John William Carleton
The streets of the Metropolis teem with shameless schemes of gambling, placarded in the windows and on the walls of " betting offices" — the new Pandemonium is a Sweep or Betting Office. Scoundrels of all sorts are obtaining money under ...
Red Twilight (2012)
Long Distance Runners by Dustin Feyder
Pandemonium is the best word to come ...
The Light from Hell's Flames (2014)
the MANGA of Horror World 3 by Jason Gray
The only mention from this update on of Jeremy in the black book named pandemonium is that funny moment already released where skip and Erik knew of him prior, that is the same as when in the book insomnia Stephen king had a small ...
By the Voice of the Spirit (2011)
A Spiritual Critique for Ministers and Laity of all Religious Affiliations, and non believers by Alberta Anderson, RN, Ed.D.
To expect peace in such an atmosphere of gold-rush pandemonium is a utopian dream. As long as there is even a slight tinge of madness for ...
The Key to the Gates of Hell (2013)
MANGAof theHorror Worldseries by Jason Gray
Pandemonium is the name of the capital city of Hell, where the headquarters of the P.A.G.A.N. Society, or the International Society Satanas, dwell, the floating citadel hovering above the ever-burning Lake of Fire, with.
by Max Velmans, Susan Schneider
Pandemonium is a pattern recognition system that consists in four layers (see Figure 24.1). As the diagram illustrates, there are numerous units, called “ demons.” Each of the members in the lower layers “shout” to be heard by the demons in ...
Encyclopedia of Heaven (1999)
by Miriam Van Scott
FALLEN ANGELS ENTERING PANDEMONIUM, THE John Martin's 1840 painting The Fallen Angels Entering Pandemonium is a vivid portrayal of the archangel MICHAEL leading the ANGELS in the battle for heaven and the damnation of ...
by Jerry Welch
pandemonium in ...
by Theresa Bane
Variations: Pandæmonium A city in HELL populated entirely by de- mons Pandemonium (“All Demons”) was described in...
Milton describes Pandemonium as a place ofworldly activities, demagoguery, and politics whose devils appear in the ...
The Encyclopedia of Hell (2015)
by Miriam Van Scott
fALLEN ANQELS ENTERINQ PANDEMONIUM, THE fALL Of THE DAMNED, THE fALL Of THE REBEL ANQELS,. Legends about the origin of fairies abound. In some tales from Christian cultures, the fairies are rebel angels who fought with ...
by Nicky Hayes, Peter Stratton
pandemonium model A hierarchical model ...
by Oxford University Press
Pandemonium, from Milton's 'Paradise Lost' (1841, oil on canvas) Southampton (City AG): Sadak in Search of the Waters ...
by James Ciment
®pandemonium. ̄ . Professor Samuel Huntington even promoted a thesis of. ®cleavage. among civilizations, ̄ asserting that a ®cultural ̄ curtain has replaced the ®iron ̄ Ethnic ...
A Dictionary of Discriminated Synonyms with Antonyms and Analogous and Contrasted Words by Merriam-Webster, Inc
enormous, *huge, din vast, colossal, mammoth dinn Din, uproar, pandemonium, hullabaloo, babel, hubbub, clamor, racket mean a disturbing or confusing welter of sounds or a scene or situation marked by such a welter of sounds.
Dictionary of Psychology (2014)
by Mike Cardwell
pandemonium: a model of pattern recognition associated with Selfridge (1959) in which letters can be recognized by the combination of a number of simpler process ing units. The name pandemonium (taken from Milton's epic poem Paradise ...
Based Upon the Unabridged Dictionary of Noah Webster : with a Reference Library and Treasury of Facts by Noah Webster, Harry Thurston Peck
PALLOR 596 PANDEMONIUM America, vast treeless plains covered with luxuriant pasture. [Spanish.] pamper (pam'per), v.t. to feed luxuriously; satiate. [ French.] pampero (pam-pa'ro), n. a strong southwest wind that blows across the pampas ...
by Editors of the American Heritage Dictionaries
pandemonium Wild confusion and noise; uproar. When the gorilla escaped, it created pandemonium at the zoo. [From Pandcemonium, name given to the capital of Hell in the epic poem Paradise Lost by John Milton ( 1608-1674) : Greek pan-, ...
Supernatural and Science Fiction Elements in Novels, Pulps, Comics, Films, Television and Games, 2d ed. by Paul Green
Premiere: January 18, 2000; Main Cast: Marco Leonardi as Johnny Madrid, Ara Celi as Esmeralda/Santanico Pandemonium, Michael Parks as Ambrose Bierce, Sonia Braga ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pandemonium
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Pandemonium
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Timothy M Roberts
Photo credit: college.library
The election is called at the DSCC/DCCC watch party.
Photo credit: benmiller23
Photo credit: VMPastore
Photo credit: Meredith Leigh Collins
Photo credit: Eric Kilby
Photo credit: Maiquel Borges
Photo credit: Marcin Wichary
dip.huelva bono 1
Photo credit: Fernando Bono
oops actually no, they blocked the fans off the court
Photo credit: Eric Kilby
Photo credit: "Stròlic Furlàn" - Davide Gabino
- Pandemonium Shadow Show
Harry Nilsson -
Pandemonium Shadow Show
Photo credit: kevin dooley
Photo credit: Angelo Andiario Photographic Art
the city feels like home.
black & white 400 film.
Photo credit: angelshoe
Photo credit: polentafria
- Panorama - Pandemonium
Photo credit: Didit Putra
- Purple Pandemonium
Photo credit: Pedliano
- Collapsing pandemonium
Foto: Kjell Ivar Meland
Photo credit: UKM Sør-Trøndelag
- Pandemonium Flyer
Photo credit: anikamcclureray
View more pictures about Aerial Pandemonium Ballet.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Pandemonium
Click on an item to play that video:
- Pandemonium Meaning
Video shows what pandemonium means. A place where all demons live; Hell.. Chaos; tumultuous or lawless violence.. An outburst; loud, riotous uproar, ...
- The Meaning of Pandemonium
The Meaning of Pandemonium Video in Guru KPO (Biyani Group of Colleges)
- POLITICAL PANDEMONIUM!! in THAILAND / UKRAINE Unrests, Ultimatums 12.9.13 See 'DESCRIPTION'
- The Y.K. Dictionary - Pandemonium
See also the pronunciation examples of Pandemonium!
Scrabble value of P3A1N1D2E1M3O1N1I1U1M3
The value of this 11-letter word is 18 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagram / semordnilap of PANDEMONIUM
What do you get if you rearrange the letters by reversing their order?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
See also the blanagrams of Pandemonium!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Pandemonium to see it in context!