|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun pandemonium
What does pandemonium mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: pandemoniums
- a state of extreme confusion and disorder
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonyms of pandemonium: bedlam / chaos / topsy-turvydom / topsy-turvyness
- more generic word: confusion = disorder resulting from a failure to behave predictably
- more specific word: balagan = a word for chaos or fiasco borrowed from modern Hebrew
Alternative definition of the noun pandemonium
- [archaic] A place where all demons live; Hell.
- Chaos; tumultuous or lawless violence.
- synonym: uproar
- An outburst; loud, riotous uproar, especially of a crowd.
"Pandemonium": Pandemonium!, known as Magical Hoppers in Japan, is a 1996 platforming video game developed by Toys For Bob and published by Crystal Dynamics for the PlayStation, Sega Saturn, Microsoft Windows, N-Gage, and iPhone OS. Pandemonium features Fargus, a joker, and Nikki, who unwittingly casts a spell that destroys the town. The goal of the game is to reach the Wishing Engine, where they can wish the town back to normal. For each level, the player can choose which character to be. Each has a special move - Fargus can deliver a special spinning attack, and Nikki can double jump. The game consists of a great variety of unique gameplay objects, such as watermelons, clouds, spider webs and logs.
- also known as Magical Hoppers, Pandemonium!, マジカルホッパーズ
- mode: Single-player video game
- developers: Toys for Bob, Nokia, Crystal Dynamics, Eidos Interactive, Ideaworks Game Studio
- genres: Platform game, Action game
- publishers: Crystal Dynamics, Bandai, Electronic Arts, Sony Computer Entertainment
- released on (18 years ago)
- "Pandemonium" is a 1982 comedy film spoofing horror movies. It had an ensemble cast including Eileen Brennan, Phil Hartman, Tab Hunter, Carol Kane, David Lander, Eve Arden, Paul Reubens, and Tom Smothers.
- also known as A sátán keze; Thursday the 12th; America, America; Huutosakki hupenee; Thursday the Twelfth; Freitag der 713
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Alfred Sole
- producer: Doug Chapin
- executive producer: Barry Krost
- production design by Jack De Shields
- art direction by James F. Claytor Sr.
- written by Jaime Barton Klein & Richard Whitley
- Candice Azzara as Bambi
- Suzanne Kent as Crying Woman
- Phil Hartman as Reporter
- Michael Kless as Photographer
- David Lander as Pepe
- Carol Kane as Candy
- Eileen Brennan as Candy's Mom
- Judge Reinhold as Glenn
- Bradley Lieberman as Chip Jr.
- Victoria Carroll as Mandy's Mom
- Eve Arden as Warden June
- Tom Smothers as Cooper
- Paul Reubens as Johnson
- Tab Hunter
- cinematography by Michel Hugo
- edited by Eric Jenkins
- music by Dana Kaproff
- costume design by Roberta Weiner
- set decoration by Charles Graffeo
- genres: Horror, Mystery, Comedy
- released in (32 years ago)
- "Pandemonium" a.k.a. "Demons", aka Pandemonium is a 1971 Japanese samurai jidaigeki / horror film directed by Toshio Matsumoto. Referring to asuras, the movie is based on Tsuruya Nanboku and Shuji Ishizawa's play Kamikakete Sango Taisetsu, and reflects the director's experimental filming background and theatrical influence. It was released on 13 February 1971 in Japan by the Art Theatre Guild and Matsumoto Productions Company, almost two years after the director's first feature-length attempt, Funeral Parade of Roses.
- also known as Shura
- country: Japan
- language: Japanese Language
- genres: Horror, Jidaigeki, Samurai cinema, Drama
- released on (44 years ago)
- "Pandemonium" is a film.
- also known as 복마전 ko
- country: South Korea
- genres: Action Film, Crime Fiction
- "Pandemonium" is a 1987 Australian comedy in the style of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- countries: Australia, United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Haydn Keenan
- producers: Alex Cutler & Haydn Keenan
- executive producer: Patric Juillet
- production design by Melody Cooper
- written by Peter Gailey & Haydn Keenan
- David Argue as Kales Leadingham
- David Argue as Ding the Dingo
- Amanda Dole as The Dingo Girl
- Esben Storm as E.B. De Woolf
- Arna-Maria Winchester as P.B. De Woolf
- Lex Marinos as Detective Sergeant Dick Dickerson
- Rainee Skinner as 1st Twin
- Kerry Mack as 2nd Twin
- Ian Nimmo as Mr. Mack
- Ashley Grenville as Little Adolph
- Mercia Deane-Johns as Morticia
- Pete Smith as Peter Kong
- Gary Foley as The Holy Ghost
- Haydn Keenan as Dr. Doctor
- Ignatius Jones as Director
- cinematography by David Sanderson
- edited by Paul Healy
- music by Cameron Allan
- costume design by Melody Cooper
- genre: Comedy
- released in (28 years ago)
"Pandemonium" is a 2012 dystopian young adult novel written by Lauren Oliver and the second novel in her Delirium trilogy. The book was first published on February 28, 2012 through HarperTeen and follows the series' protagonist as she explores the Wilds outside the walled community she was raised in. The book was preceded by a novella entitled Hana and was succeeded by Requiem, the final book in the series.
- language: English Language
- genres: Romance novel, Young-adult fiction
- released on
- "Pandemonium" a.k.a. "Pandemonium!" is the second and final studio album from the R&B/pop group B2K. The album was released through Epic on December 10, 2002.
- "Pandemonium": Pandemonium: Live at the O2 Arena, London, 21 December 2009, commonly referred to as simple Pandemonium, is a live album by English electronic duo Pet Shop Boys, released on 15 February 2010 as a CD/DVD combo. As indicated in its title, it is a recording of a live concert at The O2 Arena in London on 21 December 2009, as part of the duo's Pandemonium Tour. The DVD includes the full Pandemonium show filmed by David Barnard. The sound was mixed for DVD by Dave Woolley. The CD, mixed by Stuart Price, includes seventeen songs from the show.
- "Pandemonium" is the tenth studio album by Killing Joke released in June 1994 under the Zoo label.
- "Pandemonium" is a musical album of Cavalera Conspiracy.
- released on
- "Pandemonium" is the sixteenth studio album by Japanese band Loudness. It was released in 2001 only in Japan. All music is credited to Loudness and all lyrics to Niihara.
- genre: Heavy metal
- released on (13 years ago)
- "Pandemonium" is a 1990 album by The Time. Much like the three previous albums, the album consists of music in the funk-pop or ballad genre, although this album breaks the 6-song album tradition. The album is a tie-in with the film Graffiti Bridge and several songs from the album appear in the film.
- "Pandemonium" is a song by Killing Joke, from their album album of the same name. It was written in 1994 and is the third single taken from the album. The single peaked at number twenty-eight in the UK Singles Chart on 16 July 1994.
- "Pandemonium" is the second Greatest Hits Compilation album from the Taiwanese black metal band Chthonic's. It features eleven tracks from eleven years of band history. Pandemonium follows A Decade on the Throne - A Live album and DVD especially intended for the Asian market. A Decade on the Throne and Pandemonium are identical with regards to the tracklist up to a total of nine songs. For Pandemonium, however, seven tracks have been re-recorded with the band's main drummer Dani, who, after an injury during one of the live shows in 2005, hurt himself and had to be replaced by Reno Killerich for the recording of Seediq Bale. At the time of the release of Pandemonium, the band toured Europe and the U.S., spreading their message of an independent Taiwan that wants to contribute to international society regardless of Chinese oppression.
- "Pandemonium" is the fourth album of the Brazilian Death/Thrash metal band Torture Squad The album was realized in 2003, and videoclips for "Pandemonium" and "Horror and Torture" were made. Following the videos, a tour all over Brazil was realized between 2003 and 2005. In 2006 the group embarked on a European tour, headlining in 16 towns in Germany and 4 in Austria.
Pandemonium is a musical group, webpage.
- albums: "The Autumn Enigma", "...to Apeiron", "Insomnia", "Twilight Symphony", "Whispers"
- official website: www.pandemonium-metal.com
There are other groups with Pandemonium in their name, like pandemonium projects.
Pandemonium is the name of multiple Gerstlauer steel spinning roller coasters that are located at several Six Flags theme parks including Six Flags New England, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Six Flags St. Louis, Six Flags Over Texas, and previously at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom which was relocated to Six Flags México as The Joker. Its design consists of several cars holding four riders each. While the cars traverse the track, they spin around according to the angle of the track and the shifts in the riders' weight. All five rides were installed by Ride Entertainment Group, who handle all of Gerstlauer's operations in the Western Hemisphere.
- also known as Mr. Six's Pandemonium
- Pandemonium: In the standard cosmology of the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game, Pandemonium is the Outer plane where Chaotic Evil and Chaotic Neutral petitioners are sent after death. Pandemonium is a large, complex cavern that never ends. Compounding this problem, howling winds drive most of its residents mad. There are few creatures that are native to this plane; those individuals who do live there usually have no choice in the matter. It is one of a number of alignment-based Outer Planes that form part of the standard Dungeons & Dragons cosmology, used in the Planescape, Greyhawk and some editions of the Forgotten Realms campaign settings.
- Pandemonium is a comedy role-playing game designed by Stephan Michael Sechi and published by MIB Productions, Inc. It is inspired by the fictional "news" that appears in tabloid publications such as the Weekly World News.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Pandemonium
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Max Velmans, Susan Schneider
Pandemonium is a pattern recognition system that consists in four layers (see Figure 24.1). As the diagram illustrates, there are numerous units, called “ demons.” Each of the members in the lower layers “shout” to be heard by the demons in ...
National Repository (1879)
Pandemonium is a wonderful creation, with its burning lake, its land burning with solid lire, its gates of adamant, its cataracts of fire, its palpable darkness, its sounds and sightsof unutterable woe; but Pandemonium is only the background to ...
ALL THE YEAR ROUND (1869)
by CHARLES DICKENS
may get embedded and concealed, is called the Elysian Fields, and another, where these combined difficulties are many, and extend over the best part of a mile, is called Pandemonium by the ladies. The gentlemen are less mealy- mouthed, ...
Deviant Behaviour (2014)
by Paul Rock, Professor of Social Institutions Paul Rock
The pandemonium is an important part of the social structure as it is known to a society's members: 'social structure is the sum total o f. . . typifications and of the recurrent patterns of interaction established by means of them. As such, social ...
by California Teachers Association
Pandemonium is a place full of demond. Trivium, the meeting-place of three roads, or in general, highway, has given us the round-about but very expressive word trivial. Trivia-. matters are those which men—and women—speak -of when they ...
by Theresa Bane
Variations: Pandæmonium A city in HELL populated entirely by de- mons Pandemonium (“All Demons”) was described in...
Milton describes Pandemonium as a place ofworldly activities, demagoguery, and politics whose devils appear in the ...
by Oxford University Press
Pandemonium, from Milton's 'Paradise Lost' (1841, oil on canvas) Southampton (City AG): Sadak in Search of the Waters ...
by Nicky Hayes, Visiting Senior Fellow Department of Psychology Nicky Hayes, Peter Stratton, Senior Lectuer in Psychology Peter Stratton
pandemonium model A hierarchical model of cognition, first proposed in the late 1960s, which forms an interesting example of bottom-up processing. It was mainly concerned with feature ...
The Encyclopedia of Hell (1999)
by Miriam Van Scott
fALLEN ANQELS ENTERINQ PANDEMONIUM, THE fALL Of THE DAMNED, THE fALL Of THE REBEL ANQELS,. Legends about the origin of fairies abound. In some tales from Christian cultures, the fairies are rebel angels who fought with ...
Based Upon the Unabridged Dictionary of Noah Webster : with a Reference Library and Treasury of Facts by Noah Webster, Harry Thurston Peck
PALLOR 596 PANDEMONIUM America, vast treeless plains covered with luxuriant pasture. [Spanish.] pamper (pam'per), v.t. to feed luxuriously; satiate. [ French.] pampero (pam-pa'ro), n. a strong southwest wind that blows across the pampas ...
by Elizabeth Knowles
pandemonium wild and noisy disorder or confusion; ...
a disease etc: occurring over a wide area and affecting a large number of people pandemonium noun a state of confusion and uproar The name of the capital of Hell in Milton's Paradise LostQSST) pander noun a pimp • pander to to indulge, ...
by Editors of the American Heritage Dictionaries
pandemonium Wild confusion and noise; uproar. When the gorilla escaped, it created pandemonium at the zoo. [From Pandcemonium, name given to the capital of Hell in the epic poem Paradise Lost by John Milton ( 1608-1674) : Greek pan-, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pandemonium
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Pandemonium
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Cirkus Pandemonium!
Photo credit: rick
- Pandemonium on Stage
DJ Pandemonium at Festival Kinetik 4.0 giving an announcement and introducing Decoded Feedback.
Photo credit: rwhgould
- Pandemonium Shadow Show
Harry Nilsson -
Pandemonium Shadow Show
Photo credit: kevin dooley
- Pandemonium at Six Flags Over Texas
Photo credit: milst1
- Pandemonium at Six Flags Over Texas
Photo credit: milst1
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Pandemonium
Click on an item to play that video:
- The Meaning of Pandemonium
The Meaning of Pandemonium Video in Guru KPO (Biyani Group of Colleges)
- The Y.K. Dictionary - Pandemonium
The World's fastest and easiest Movie Dictionary! Intermediate vocabulary available for all people to enjoy! Watch it now...the new learning experience...
See also the pronunciation examples of Pandemonium!
Scrabble value of P3A1N1D2E1M3O1N1I1U1M3
The value of this 11-letter word is 18 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Pandemonium to see it in context!