Definition of Pandemonium
What does Pandemonium mean?
- a state of extreme confusion and disorder
- [archaic] A place where all demons live; Hell.
- Chaos; tumultuous or lawless violence.
- synonym: uproar
- An outburst; loud, riotous uproar, especially of a crowd.
"Pandemonium": Pandemonium! is a platform game, for the PlayStation, Sega Saturn, Microsoft Windows, N-Gage, and iPhone OS. It features Fargus, a joker, and Nikki, who unwittingly casts a spell that destroys the town. The goal of the game is to reach the Wishing Engine, where they can wish the town back to normal. For each level, the player can choose which character to be. Each has a special move - Fargus can deliver a special spinning attack, and Nikki can double jump. The game consists of a great variety of unique gameplay objects, such as watermelons, clouds, spider webs and logs. The Saturn, PlayStation and PC versions have 18 levels, while the N-Gage version has 11.
- also known as Magical Hoppers, Pandemonium!, マジカルホッパーズ
- mode: Single-player video game
- developers: Toys for Bob, Nokia, Crystal Dynamics, Eidos Interactive, Ideaworks 3D
- genres: Platform game, Action game
- publishers: Bandai, Crystal Dynamics, Electronic Arts, Sony Computer Entertainment
- released on (17 years ago)
- "Pandemonium" is a 1982 comedy film spoofing horror movies. It had an ensemble cast including Eileen Brennan, Phil Hartman, Tab Hunter, Carol Kane, David Lander, Eve Arden, Paul Reubens, and Tom Smothers.
- also known as A sátán keze; Thursday the 12th; America, America; Huutosakki hupenee; Thursday the Twelfth; Freitag der 713
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Alfred Sole
- producer: Doug Chapin
- executive producer: Barry Krost
- production design by Jack De Shields
- art direction by James F. Claytor Sr.
- written by Jaime Barton Klein & Richard Whitley
- Eve Arden as Warden June
- Carol Kane as Candy
- Eileen Brennan as Candy's Mom
- Phil Hartman as Reporter
- Judge Reinhold as Glenn
- Tom Smothers as Cooper
- Paul Reubens as Johnson
- Candice Azzara as Bambi
- Suzanne Kent as Crying Woman
- Michael Kless as Photographer
- David Lander as Pepe
- Bradley Lieberman as Chip Jr.
- Victoria Carroll as Mandy's Mom
- Tab Hunter
- cinematography by Michel Hugo
- edited by Eric Jenkins
- music by Dana Kaproff
- costume design by Roberta Weiner
- set decoration by Charles Graffeo
- genres: Mystery, Horror, Comedy
- released in (32 years ago)
- "Pandemonium" is a film.
- also known as 복마전 ko
- country: South Korea
- genres: Action Film, Crime Fiction
- "Pandemonium" is a 1987 Australian comedy in the style of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- language: English Language
- director: Haydn Keenan
"Pandemonium" is a 2012 dystopian young adult novel written by Lauren Oliver and the second novel...
- language: English Language
- genres: Young adult literature, Romance novel
- released on
- "Pandemonium" a.k.a. "Pandemonium!" is the 2002 second and final studio album from the R&B/pop group B2K. The album was released through Epic on December 10, 2002.
- "Pandemonium" is the tenth studio album by Killing Joke released in June 1994 under the Zoo label.
- "Pandemonium" (降臨幻術) is the sixteenth studio album by Japanese band Loudness. It was released in 2001 only in Japan. All music is credited to Loudness and all lyrics to Niihara.
- genre: Heavy metal
- released on (12 years ago)
- "Pandemonium" is a 1990 album by The Time. Much like the three previous albums, the album consists of music in the funk-pop or ballad genre, although this album breaks the 6-song album tradition. Originally, the album began life as Corporate World, with nearly all of the material written and performed by Prince with Morris Day and Jerome Benton providing vocals. However, due to Warner Bros. Records orders that the original band be involved, more songs were written and performed with various band members. Jesse Johnson adds a rock and roll-influenced sound to several tracks, while Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis provide their songwriting skills. The album is a tie-in with the film Graffiti Bridge and several songs from the album appear in the film.
- "Pandemonium" is a song by Killing Joke, from their album album of the same name. It was written in 1994 and is the third single taken from the album. The single peaked at number twenty-eight in the UK Singles Chart on 16 July 1994.
- "Pandemonium" is the fourth album of the Brazilian Death/Thrash metal band Torture Squad The album was realized in 2003, and videoclips for "Pandemonium" and "Horror and Torture" were made. Following the videos, a tour all over Brazil was realized between 2003 and 2005. In 2006 the group embarked on a European tour, headlining in 16 towns in Germany and 4 in Austria.
Pandemonium is the name of multiple Gerstlauer steel spinning roller coasters that are located at several Six Flags theme parks including Six Flags New England, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Six Flags St. Louis, Six Flags Over Texas, and previously at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. Its design consists of several cars holding four riders each. While the cars traverse the track, they spin around according to the angle of the track and the shifts in the riders' weight.
- also known as Mr. Six's Pandemonium
- Pandemonium: In the standard cosmology of the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game, Pandemonium is the Outer plane where Chaotic Evil and Chaotic Neutral petitioners are sent after death. Pandemonium is a large, complex cavern that never ends. Compounding this problem, howling winds drive most of its residents mad. There are few creatures that are native to this plane; those individuals who do live there usually have no choice in the matter. It is one of a number of alignment-based Outer Planes that form part of the standard Dungeons & Dragons cosmology, used in the Planescape, Greyhawk and some editions of the Forgotten Realms campaign settings.
- Pandemonium is a comedy role-playing game designed by Stephan Michael Sechi and published by MIB Productions, Inc. It is inspired by the fictional "news" that appears in tabloid publications such as the Weekly World News.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Pandemonium
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Blackwell Companion to Consciousness (2008)
by Max Velmans, Susan Schneider
Pandemonium is a pattern recognition system that consists in four layers (see Figure 24.1). As the diagram illustrates, there are numerous units, called “ demons.” Each of the members in the lower layers “shout” to be heard by the demons in ...
National Repository (1879)
Pandemonium is a wonderful creation, with its burning lake, its land burning with solid lire, its gates of adamant, its cataracts of fire, its palpable darkness, its sounds and sightsof unutterable woe; but Pandemonium is only the background to ...
Encyclopedia of Imaginary and Mythical Places (2014)
by Theresa Bane
Variations: Pandæmonium A city in HELL populated entirely by de- mons Pandemonium (“All Demons”) was described in...
Milton describes Pandemonium as a place ofworldly activities, demagoguery, and politics whose devils appear in the ...
The Encyclopedia of Hell
fALLEN ANCjELS ENTERINg PANDEMONIUM, THE fALL Of THE DAMNED, THE fALL Of THE REBEL ANgELS,. Legends about the origin of fairies abound. In some tales from Christian cultures, the fairies are rebel angels who fought with ...
Encyclopedia of Weird Westerns (2009)
Supernatural and Science Fiction Elements in Novels, Pulps, Comics, Films, Television and Games by Paul Green
Premiere: January 18, 2000; Main Cast: Marco Leonardi as Johnny Madrid, Ara Celi as Esmeralda/Santanico Pandemonium, Michael Parks as Ambrose Bierce, Sonia Braga ...
Dictionary of Psychology (1999)
by Mike Cardwell
pandemonium: a model of pattern rerognition associated with Selfridge (l959) in which letters can be recognized by the combination of a number of simpler processing units. The name pandemonium (taken from Milton's epic poem Parndise ...
Merriam-Webster's Rhyming Dictionary (2002)
astonish, premonish leprechaunish onishment \an-ish-mant\ admonishment, astonishment onium \о-пe-эт\ euphonium, harmonium, plutonium pandemonium, Pandemonium onius \o-ne-as\ see onious onja \о-пуэ\ see onia2 onion \эn-jan\ ...
Encyclopedia of Conflicts since World War II (2012)
by James Ciment, Kenneth Hill
®pandemonium, ̄as. suggestedbythetitle of U.S. Senator DanielPatrick Moynihan«s1995 book. Professor Samuel Huntingtonhas even elaborated athesis about. ®cleavage. among civilizations, ̄ positingthat a ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pandemonium
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Pandemonium
Click on an item to view that photo:
Credits and everything @ Virtually Vanilla
Photo credit: -Coral-
- Cirkus Pandemonium!
Photo credit: rick
- Aerial Pandemonium Ballet
Harry Nilsson -
Aerial Pandemonium Ballet
Photo credit: kevin dooley
- Pandemonium at Six Flags Over Texas
Photo credit: milst1
- Pandemonium on Stage
DJ Pandemonium at Festival Kinetik 4.0 giving an announcement and introducing Decoded Feedback.
Photo credit: rwhgould
- Pandemonium Shadow Show
Harry Nilsson -
Pandemonium Shadow Show
Photo credit: kevin dooley
Videos about Pandemonium
Click on an item to play that video:
- The Meaning of Pandemonium
The Meaning of Pandemonium Video in Guru KPO (Biyani Group of Colleges)
- The Y.K. Dictionary - Pandemonium
The World's fastest and easiest Movie Dictionary! Intermediate vocabulary available for all people to enjoy! Watch it now...the new learning experience...
See also the pronunciation examples of Pandemonium!
Scrabble value of P3A1N1D2E1M3O1N1I1U1M3
The value of this 11-letter word is 18 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Pandemonium to find many related words and phrases!