On this page:
- Definition of the noun paradox
- Phrases with Paradox
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Paradox
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Paradox
- Photos about Paradox
- Video language resources about Paradox
- Quotes about Paradox
- Scrabble value of P3A1R1A1D2O1X8
- Anagrams of PARADOX
- Share this page
Paradox (a contradiction or dilemma) is considered to be an advanced word, according to the Kaplan GRE Exam Vocabulary in a Box, which includes 500 college- and graduate-level words that frequently appear on the Graduate Record Exam.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun paradox
What does paradox mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: paradoxes
- (logic) a statement that contradicts itself
Definition of the noun paradox for high school students
- an apparently contradictory statement that is perhaps true
- example: The diplomat refused to acknowledge the paradox that negotiating a peace treaty would demand more resources than waging war.
The noun paradox is considered to be a word that all college-aspiring students should know and understand, so it frequently appears on the SAT, ACT and other college admissions tests.
- "Paradox" is a 2010 science-fiction television film starring Kevin Sorbo, Steph Song and Christopher Judge, directed by Brenton Spencer, and based on a three-part graphic novel mini-series by Christos Gage.
- also known as A Outra Dimensão, Paradoxe: les mondes parallèles, Paradox - Die Parallelwelt
- country: Canada
- language: English Language
- producers: Deboragh Gabler & Aaron L. Gilbert
- executive producers: Nicholas Bonavia, Bernie Melanson, Sean O'Reilly
- production design by Michael Nemirsky
- written by Ruth Fletcher & Christos Gage
- based on a story by Christos Gage
- Kevin Sorbo as Det. Sean Nault
- Steph Song as Lenore
- Christopher Judge as Captain Papillo
- Alan C. Peterson as Sir Winston Churchill
- Alisen Down as Helen
- Jerry Wasserman as Hillman
- Michael St. John Smith as Senator Booth
- David Richmond-Peck as Andrew Ebbetts
- Adrian Holmes as Det. Chris Sharpe
- Luisa Cianni as Candice Poole
- Sean Carey as Det. Poole
- casting by Candice Elzinga
- cinematography by Curtis Petersen
- edited by Nicole Ratcliffe
- music by Paul Michael Thomas, John Sereda
- costume design by Christina McQuarrie
- set decoration by Jacqueline Miller
- genres: Science Fiction, Thriller
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Paradox" is a short film, directed by Moris Freiburghaus.
- country: Switzerland
- released in
Paradox is a fictional character from the 2010 anime film Yu-Gi-Oh!: Bonds Beyond Time.
Who is Paradox?
Paradox a.k.a. Tom "Paradox" Mustaine: Tom "Paradox" Mustaine is a video game player who gave his voice to characters from Operation Bayshield.
- read more about Tom "Paradox" Mustaine (actor)
Phrases with Paradox
Phrases starting with the word Paradox:
- Paradox Goby
- Paradox Frogs
- Paradox Shrew
- Paradox Acacia
- Paradox Lupine
- Paradox Moonwort
- Paradox Milkvetch
- Paradox Sunflower
Phrases ending with the word Paradox:
- Twin paradox
- Clock Paradox
- Fermi Paradox
- Pepsi Paradox
- French Paradox
- Olbers' Paradox
- Birthday Paradox
- European Paradox
- Bootstrap paradox
- Oreocarya Paradox
- Russell's Paradox
- Simpson's Paradox
View more phrases with the word Paradox in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Paradox
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Genesis through Revelation (1984)
5 Volumes Genesis - Revelation by J. Vernon McGee
A paradox is a proposition which is contrary to received opinion; that is, it is that which is seemingly contradictory. On the surface the assertion...
Mimetic Reflections (1990)
A Study in Hermeneutics, Theology and Ethics by William Schweiker
Paradox is a category for relating the self to a radically transcendent truth. Neither Hegelian mediation nor Socratic recollection but paradox is the mechanism of Kierkegaard's authorship and its edifying strategy. The Incarnation confronts the ...
The Divine Default (2013)
Why Faith is Not the Answer by J. J. Dyken
Christopher Hitchens The Omni Paradox is a continuation of the Epicurean Paradox put forth by the ancient Greek...
An Edinburgh Philosophical Guide by Henry Somers-Hall
The first paradox is that the past cannot be constructed on the basis of the present: 'If a new present were required for the past to be constituted as ...
Signs of Paradox (1997)
Irony, Resentment, and Other Mimetic Structures by Eric Lawrence Gans
true, human paradox. Paradox is an elusive category in which metaphysical skeptics find support...
by M. Jamie Ferreira
The Absolute Paradox is the Teacher who wants to reveal an absolute difference between us, and yet can only do this by becoming a human being (like us). The message is duplex – the Paradox is the person of the Teacher who says at one ...
by Aristotelian Society (Great Britain)
until the paradoxical nature of the self is deduced in some other way, that this paradox is the very one which has been...
The Halakhah (2000)
An Encyclopaedia of the Law of Judaism by Jacob Neusner
The first paradox is that it is possible to create a realm of cultic cleanness in the unclean world that lies outside the boundaries of the Temple the world of death. This is expressed in the proposition that the cow is burned outside of the camp, ...
Legal, Economic and Technical Aspects by Ruwantissa Abeyratne
The paradox is that despite, this long history of loss, Airbus Industrie forecasts that between 2009 and 2028 there will be a...
by Philippe Romanski
The central paradox is that the "world of fact" and the inner worlds of the protagonists are not opposed — or even contrasted. The "world of fact" becomes "unreal," it simply fades, as the coast of England fades in the distance. The night ...
Subversive Virtue (1995)
Asceticism and Authority in the Second-century Pagan World by James A. Francis
The great paradox is that both these attitudes derive from the same Stoic doctrines of adherence to reason and ...
How the New Economic Order Can Remake the American Economy by Chris Norton, Ross Honeywill
Handling paradox is a very postmodern skill and it turns on its head the more Traditional approach to product...
The paradox is that although NEOs are more capable than anyone else to consume conspicuously, they often choose ...
by Diana Tietjens Meyers
The political paradox is that although the explicit aim of development is to improve the lives of poor people in the Global South, disempowerment and impoverishment have in fact resulted from development programs. The normative paradox is ...
by Steven Shakespeare
Paradox is the end of analogy and theodicy.
by Robert M. Martin
importance while trying to discover what has gone wrong in a paradox. You'll find accounts of some well-known paradoxes in the following entries: Achilles and the tortoise, arrow, dichotomy, racecourse, moving blocks, ...
by Mervyn Hartwig
paradox (Gr. para, beyond, doxa, belief). A 2E figure of OPPOSITIONALITY betokening 'incompatibility between established ( e.g., epistemological) canons and perceived reality' (P: 243). It is 'merely a surface ...
by Nicholas Bunnin, Jiyuan Yu
Russell's paradox Logic A paradox regarding the membership of classes, formulated by Russell in The Principles of Mathematics (1903). Some classes or sets (for example the set of abstract objects) are members of themselves, while others ...
by Michael Proudfoot, A.R. Lacey
Paradox . Etymologically, 'against belief'. Fullblooded paradoxeswhich affect the basis of logic exist when some statement neededforlogic can apparently be both proved and disproved. Among them, paradoxes depending onpurely logical or ...
by A.J. Larner
Cross Reference Argyll Robertson pupil Abdominal Paradox - see PARADOXICAL BREATHING Abdominal Reflexes Both superficial and deep abdominal reflexes are described, of which the superficial (cutaneous) reflexes are the more ...
by Henry Kellerman
PARADOX, NEUROTIC In psychoanalytic theory, the paradox is understood as neurotic behavior that persists, even though such neurotic behavior undermines the person's relationships and distorts other ...
by Victor E. Taylor, Charles E. Winquist
A paradox is a statement that initially appears absurd or self-contradictory yet turns out to be essentially true. Stemming from the Greek paraÂdoxon, meaning contrary to expectation, paradox is a common poetic and literary device used to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Paradox
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Paradox
Click on an item to view that photo:
Great Vegan Breakfast on SE Belmont in Portland Oregon.
Photo credit: Jason Lander
Photo credit: mnemophobe
So, you create a site devoted to banning this typographic atrocity, and then swiftly proceed to reproduce it on a wide range of promotional materials.
Photo credit: Brett Jordan
Sign found at the Valencia subway: "Glassbreaker hammer...Break the glass to get the hammer".
Cartel del metro de Valencia: "Martillo rompecristales... Romper el cristal para acceder al martillo".
Photo credit: echiner1
Photo credit: Arenamontanus
- Paradox urban intervention
shot in Berlin on a rainy night with Leica M10 and Summilux 50mm in Mitte
Photo credit: mripp
- Paradox in the Grass
Photo credit: mnemophobe
- Paradox Universe
Photo credit: wwward0
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Paradox
Click on an item to play that video:
- Paradox Meaning
Video shows what paradox means. A self-contradictory statement, which can only be true if it is false, and vice versa.. A counterintuitive conclusion or outcome.
- The Einstein Podolsky Rosen (EPR) Paradox - A simple explanation
This video responds to a question about the EPR Paradox. It is explained in simple terms (no maths) but requires knowledge of some of the basics of Quantum ...
- Paradox Definition
First promotional video for Paradox's debut EP "Senior", released in January, 2011.
- Paradox meaning and pronunciation
See: Paradox Paradox definition by Urban Dictionary.
- Russell's paradox Meaning
Video shows what Russell's paradox means. The paradox whereby the set of all sets which do not contain themselves can neither consistently contain itself nor ...
- Simpson's paradox Meaning
Video shows what Simpson's paradox means. That the association of two variables for one subset of a population may be similar to the association of those ...
- European paradox Meaning
Video shows what European paradox means. The perceived failure of European countries to translate scientific advances into marketable innovations.
- Olbers' paradox Meaning
Video shows what Olbers' paradox means. The observation that the night sky is mostly dark, yet, in a boundless universe of stars, every line of sight from the eye ...
- Definition of Paradox
This is a definition of Paradox, Sources from...
- Dialogue, Paradox, and Dialect
- The Potato paradox - Explanation
The Potato Paradox is a mathematical calculation that results in a counter-intuitive result. The paradox has been described as: You have 100 lbs of Martian ...
- Paradox - Definition (Clip)[+320DL]
Click for more info!! Dubstep/RnB made on reason4 in about a day...
- Quantum Mechanics Concepts 5 The EPR Paradox explanation Full Documentary New HD 2015
Quantum Mechanics Concepts 5 The EPR Paradox explanation Full Documentary New HD 2015 Quantum Mechanics Concepts 5 The EPR Paradox ...
- Incompleteness, the Liar's Paradox, and Philosophical Meaning
Godel and Philosophical Meaning.
- Definition of a paradox
This took so long to explain on ROBLOX o.e this is probably the simplest definintion out there.
- Unified Theory of Money; Definition of Money; Solving the Paradox within the Meme of Money P4
- Roch Lobes, Algol Paradox, Accretion Disk, and Nova Explanation
Shhhh...just let it happen.
- Unified Theory of Money; Definition of Money; Solving the Paradox within the Meme of Money P8
- Unified Theory of Money; Definition of Money; Solving the Paradox within the Meme of Money P7
- Unified Theory of Money; Definition of Money; Solving the Paradox within the Meme of Money P2
- Nice Intro by Paradox!! (description...)
- The Grammar Paradox - Language Surfer
Science says that studying grammar doesn't help you learn a second language. But most successful second language learners have studied grammar. Why is ...
- Empowerment Through Language & the English Paradox: an Inaugural Lecture by Prof Pam Moores
Inaugural Lecture by Professor Pam Moores OBE on Empowerment through Language(s) and the English Paradox. As citizens of multicultural Britain and ...
- Go check out The Paradox Productions(description)
- Final Fantasy XIII-2: Paradox Ending-Vanille's Truth Fandub (Check Description)
PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION!!!!!!] Link to fandub...
- ESL Vocabulary : paradox
- The language partner paradox
See also the pronunciation examples of Paradox!
Quotes about Paradox
The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us. (Paul Valery)
more quotes about paradox...
Scrabble value of P3A1R1A1D2O1X8
The value of this 7-letter word is 17 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PARADOX
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Paradox!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Paradox to see it in context!