Parcel appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Parcel truths in a Danish turtle crap.
- Parcel bare ferret up mock computer-referable crap.
- "Evil yams parcel truth to be lurid," I rule, "both turtle craps may live".
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun parcel:
Parcel is sometimes a misspelling of partial.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun parcel
What does parcel mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: parcels
- a wrapped container
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of parcel: package
- more generic word: container = any object that can be used to hold things
- more specific words:
- the allotment of some amount by dividing something
- an extended area of land
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of parcel: parcel of land / piece of ground / piece of land / tract
- more generic terms: geographic area / geographic region / geographical area / geographical region = a demarcated area of the Earth
- more specific terms:
- baseball diamond / diamond / infield = the area of a baseball field that is enclosed by 3 bases and home plate
- center field / centerfield / center = the piece of ground in the outfield directly ahead of the catcher
- left field / leftfield / left = the piece of ground in the outfield on the catcher's left
- outfield = the area of a baseball playing field beyond the lines connecting the bases
- right field / rightfield / right = the piece of ground in the outfield on the catcher's right
- short = the location on a baseball field where the shortstop is stationed
- railway yard / railyard / yard = an area having a network of railway tracks and sidings for storage and maintenance of cars and engines
- desert = arid land with little or no vegetation
- oasis = a fertile tract in a desert
- field of battle / field of honor / battleground / battlefield / field = a region where a battle is being (or has been) fought
- minefield = a region in which explosives mines have been placed
- breeding ground = a place where animals breed
- clearing / glade = a tract of land with few or no trees in the middle of a wooded area
- field = a piece of land cleared of trees and usually enclosed
- field of fire = the area that a weapon or group of weapons can cover effectively with gun fire from a given position
- grounds = a tract of land cleared for some special purposes
- athletic field / playing field / playing area / field = a piece of land prepared for playing a game
- industrial park = a tract of land at a distance from city center that is designed for a cluster of businesses and factories
- grassland = land where grass or grasslike vegetation grows and is the dominant form of plant life
- mud flat = a tract of low muddy land near an estuary
- parade ground = an area for holding parades
- fairground = an open area for holding fairs or exhibitions or circuses
- midway = the place at a fair or carnival where sideshows and similar amusements are located
- fairway = a tract of ground free of obstacles to movement
- parkland / park = a large area of land preserved in its natural state as public property
- commons / common / green / park = a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area
- picnic ground / picnic area = a tract of land set aside for picnicking
- public square / square = an open area at the meeting of two or more streets
- toll plaza = an area where tollbooths are located
- range = a large tract of grassy open land on which livestock can graze
- sector = a portion of a military position
- land site / site = the piece of land on which something is located
- subdivision = an area composed of subdivided lots
- mine field = a tract of land containing explosive mines
- terrain = a piece of ground having specific characteristics or military potential
- plot of ground / plot of land / patch / plot = a small area of ground covered by specific vegetation
- lot = a parcel of land having fixed boundaries
- yard = a tract of land enclosed for particular activities
- yard = a tract of land where logs are accumulated
- a collection of things wrapped or boxed together
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonyms of parcel: bundle / package / packet
- more generic words: accumulation / aggregation / assemblage / collection = several things grouped together or considered as a whole
- more specific word: wisp = a small bundle of straw or hay
Alternative definition of the noun parcel
- A package wrapped for shipment.
- synonym: package
- A division of land bought and sold as a unit.
- synonym: plot
- [obsolete] A group of birds.
- A small amount of food that has been wrapped up, for example a pastry.
Definition of the verb parcel
What does parcel mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: parcelled, parcelling
- divide into parts
- cover with strips of canvas
- make into a wrapped container
Alternative definition of the verb parcel
- To wrap something up into the form of a package.
- To wrap a strip around the end of a rope.
Parcel is a fictional character from the 1997 film Palkon Ki Chaon Mein.
"Parcel" is a book by David Campton.
- also known as "Parcel: a play"
- Parcel: A parcel is a package bearing the name and address of the recipient in order to be routed through the services of the postal service or by express package delivery service to the recipient.
- Parcel: A parcel is an individual consignment of cargo for shipment. Is the unit used in the daily practice for sending and receiving all kinds of cargo. It may have all shapes and sizes. The size can range from an actual mail parcel to 100 boxes of wine, with a top limit, for example, of 4 million barrels cargo of oil large enough to fill a supertanker.
Phrases with parcel
Phrases starting with the word parcel:
Phrases ending with the word parcel:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for parcel
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John E. Frederick
Conceptually, the parcel is a separate volume of air whose temperature is not always the same as that of the background atmosphere.At level P1, let both the parcel ...
by Stephen John Stadler
A few meters across, an air parcel has consistency of temperature, pressure, and density within and is compared to the air around it (known as the environmental air). As air parcels rise they decompress; that is, the same mass takes up more ...
by Dominic J. Brewer, Lawrence O. Picus
Parcel. Tax. Schools in theUnited States receive funds froma varietyof sources, including thefederal, state, and local levels of government.The primary source oflocal funding isthe ad valorem property tax, whichis basedon theassessed value ...
by Anton Lustig
gyeq1 / gyeq5 (parcel) a n. / spec. n. parcel, wrapped up ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for parcel
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about parcel
Click on an item to view that photo:
- OSI Parcel
The OSI Parcel in Thacher Park is a newer addition to the park, and is totally undeveloped wild lands that are either forest or former farm fields reverting back to woods. Download High Resolution Map: andyarthur.org/img/full/maps.thacher/osiparcel.jpg
Photo credit: andyarthur
- OSI Parcel
The OSI Parcel in Thacher Park is a newer addition to the park, and is totally undeveloped wild lands that are either forest or former farm fields reverting back to woods. Adobe PDF: andyarthur.org/img/full/maps.thacher/osiparcel.pdf
Photo credit: andyarthur
- Mystery Parcel
Mystery parcel arrives...
Photo credit: outofmytree
- Patis Paton parcel
Photo credit: Patis Paton Photography
- Parcel Force MX58HFB
Embankment Plymouth 25 june 2009
Photo credit: didbygraham
- Tuffnells Parcel Express PN55HZA
Tuffnells Parcel Express PN55HZA DAFTRUCKS FA LF45.150 BOX VAN 3920cc (21/11/2005) DIESEL
Photo credit: didbygraham
- Santa Claus with parcel
Photo credit: Roberto Verzo
- Parcel jammed in pigeon hole
A parcel jammed in a pigeon hole.
Photo credit: Kieren P
- Land Takeover: Parcel 42 Tent City
ONE DC Builds Tent City to Protest the Declining Number of Affordable Housing Units for Families with Incomes Under $50,000
Photo credit: ONE DC
View more pictures about Parcel Post.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about parcel
Click on an item to play that video:
- Cadastral Parcel definition
calculate lots and insert lengths areas points...
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Parcel delivery services
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Parcel transport services
- Parcel Legal Description
In this demonstration, a parcel description report will be generated from an AutoCAD drawing. Web page...
- How to identify a legal parcel or real estate by legal description | AFX
See also the pronunciation examples of parcel!
Quotes about parcel
Is advertising moral? It is part and parcel of the American free enterprise system... I challenge anybody to show any economic system that has done as much for so many in so short a time. (Morris Hite)
more quotes about parcel...
Scrabble value of P3A1R1C3E1L1
The value of this 6-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PARCEL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of parcel!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of parcel to see it in context!