Parcel appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Parcel truths in a Danish turtle crap.
- Parcel bare ferret up mock computer-referable crap.
- "Evil yams parcel truth to be lurid," I rule, "both turtle craps may live".
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun parcel:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun parcel
- Definition of the verb parcel
- Phrases with Parcel
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Parcel
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Parcel
- Photos about Parcel
- Video language resources about Parcel
- Quotes about Parcel
- Scrabble value of P3A1R1C3E1L1
- Anagrams of PARCEL
- Share this page
Parcel is sometimes a misspelling of partial.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun parcel
What does parcel mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: parcels
- a wrapped container
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of parcel: package
- more generic word: container = any object that can be used to hold things
- more specific words:
- the allotment of some amount by dividing something
- an extended area of land
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of parcel: parcel of land / piece of ground / piece of land / tract
- more generic terms: geographic area / geographic region / geographical area / geographical region = a demarcated area of the Earth
- more specific terms:
- baseball diamond / diamond / infield = the area of a baseball field that is enclosed by 3 bases and home plate
- center field / centerfield / center = the piece of ground in the outfield directly ahead of the catcher
- left field / leftfield / left = the piece of ground in the outfield on the catcher's left
- outfield = the area of a baseball playing field beyond the lines connecting the bases
- right field / rightfield / right = the piece of ground in the outfield on the catcher's right
- short = the location on a baseball field where the shortstop is stationed
- railway yard / railyard / yard = an area having a network of railway tracks and sidings for storage and maintenance of cars and engines
- desert = arid land with little or no vegetation
- oasis = a fertile tract in a desert
- field of battle / field of honor / battleground / battlefield / field = a region where a battle is being (or has been) fought
- minefield = a region in which explosives mines have been placed
- breeding ground = a place where animals breed
- clearing / glade = a tract of land with few or no trees in the middle of a wooded area
- field = a piece of land cleared of trees and usually enclosed
- field of fire = the area that a weapon or group of weapons can cover effectively with gun fire from a given position
- grounds = a tract of land cleared for some special purposes
- athletic field / playing field / playing area / field = a piece of land prepared for playing a game
- industrial park = a tract of land at a distance from city center that is designed for a cluster of businesses and factories
- grassland = land where grass or grasslike vegetation grows and is the dominant form of plant life
- mud flat = a tract of low muddy land near an estuary
- parade ground = an area for holding parades
- fairground = an open area for holding fairs or exhibitions or circuses
- midway = the place at a fair or carnival where sideshows and similar amusements are located
- fairway = a tract of ground free of obstacles to movement
- parkland / park = a large area of land preserved in its natural state as public property
- commons / common / green / park = a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area
- picnic ground / picnic area = a tract of land set aside for picnicking
- public square / square = an open area at the meeting of two or more streets
- toll plaza = an area where tollbooths are located
- range = a large tract of grassy open land on which livestock can graze
- sector = a portion of a military position
- land site / site = the piece of land on which something is located
- subdivision = an area composed of subdivided lots
- mine field = a tract of land containing explosive mines
- terrain = a piece of ground having specific characteristics or military potential
- plot of ground / plot of land / patch / plot = a small area of ground covered by specific vegetation
- lot = a parcel of land having fixed boundaries
- yard = a tract of land enclosed for particular activities
- yard = a tract of land where logs are accumulated
- a collection of things wrapped or boxed together
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonyms of parcel: bundle / package / packet
- more generic words: accumulation / aggregation / assemblage / collection = several things grouped together or considered as a whole
- more specific word: wisp = a small bundle of straw or hay
Alternative definition of the noun parcel
- A package wrapped for shipment.
- synonym: package
- A division of land bought and sold as a unit.
- synonym: plot
- [obsolete] A group of birds.
- A small amount of food that has been wrapped up, for example a pastry.
Definition of the verb parcel
What does parcel mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: parcelled, parcelling
- divide into parts
- cover with strips of canvas
- make into a wrapped container
Alternative definition of the verb parcel
- To wrap something up into the form of a package.
- To wrap a strip around the end of a rope.
Parcel is a fictional character from the 1997 film Palkon Ki Chaon Mein.
"Parcel" is a book by David Campton.
- also known as "Parcel: a play"
- Parcel: A parcel is a package bearing the name and address of the recipient in order to be routed through the services of the postal service or by express package delivery service to the recipient.
- Parcel: A parcel is an individual consignment of cargo for shipment. Is the unit used in the daily practice for sending and receiving all kinds of cargo. It may have all shapes and sizes. The size can range from an actual mail parcel to 100 boxes of wine, with a top limit, for example, of 4 million barrels cargo of oil large enough to fill a supertanker.
Phrases with Parcel
Phrases starting with the word Parcel:
Phrases ending with the word Parcel:
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Parcel
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Environmental Impact Statement
The SLC parcel is a common and widely used reference to the subjegt parcel.
by Assembly of Mathematical and Physical Sciences (U.S.). Panel on a Multipurpose Cadastre
A cadastral parcel is an unambiguously defined unit of land within which rights and interests are legally recognized.
Interpreting Land Records (2014)
by Donald A. Wilson
The shaded parcel is the subject tract and is related to all abutting boundaries and corners. The circled numbers relate to chains of title that document the information shown on the base map. The West Virginia case of CSX Hotels, Inc. v . City of ...
by Mapping Science Committee, Commission on Geosciences, Environment and Resources, Division on Earth and Life Studies, National Research Council
Local governments have extensive requirements for cadastral maps since the ownership parcel is a key entity in many local government functions. Planimetric features such as roads, hydrography, and buildings are also important features; ...
Measurements from Maps (2016)
Principles and Methods of Cartometry by D H Maling
It is convenient to start with two definitions: Parcel A parcel is any enclosed feature, the areas of which is known or required. The word has the cadastral meaning of A piece of land ...
by Dominic J. Brewer
Parcel. Tax. Schools in theUnited States receive funds froma varietyof sources, including thefederal, state, and local levels of government.The primary source oflocal funding isthe ad valorem property tax, whichis basedon theassessed value ...
Encyclopedia of Geography (2010)
by Barney Warf
the cadastral parcel map based on surveying (Figure 1). Together, they form the legal basis of land ownership in many parts of the world and are ...
At Common Law, in Equity, and Under the Various Codes and Practice Acts by William Henry Michael, William Mack, Howard Pervear Nash, James Cockroft, Thomas Edward O'Brien
tiff, folm Doe, and against the defendant, Rio/lard Roe, for the recovery of that parcel of land which is alleged in said answer to be occupied by the said Richard Roe in severalty; and the second of which shall be in favor of the plaintiff, fo/m Doe, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Parcel
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Parcel
Click on an item to view that photo:
Mystery parcel arrives...
Photo credit: outofmytree
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Parcel
Click on an item to play that video:
- Cadastral Parcel definition
calculate lots and insert lengths areas points...
- Parcel Meaning
Video shows what parcel means. A package wrapped for shipment.. An individual consignment of cargo for shipment, regardless of size and form.. A division of ...
- Air parcel Meaning
Video shows what air parcel means. An imaginary body of air to which may be assigned any or all of the basic dynamic and thermodynamic properties of ...
- Parcel bomb Meaning
Video shows what parcel bomb means. A bomb, disguised as a parcel, set to explode when unwrapped. Parcel bomb Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
- If you haven't received your parcel here's the explanation
- Missing parcel explanation
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Parcel delivery services
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Parcel transport services
- How to identify a legal parcel or real estate by legal description | AFX
- Coal-Particle Parcel Description
CFD Simulation of the co-combustion process of coal and natural gas in a cement rotary kiln.
See also the pronunciation examples of Parcel!
Quotes about Parcel
The only religious way to think of death is as a part and parcel of life to regard it, with the understanding and the emotions, as the inviolable condition of life. (Thomas Mann)
more quotes about parcel...
Scrabble value of P3A1R1C3E1L1
The value of this 6-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PARCEL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Parcel!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Parcel to see it in context!