The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun passageway:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun passageway
What does passageway mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: passageways
- a passage between rooms or between buildings
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- more generic word: passage = a way through or along which someone or something may pass
- more specific words:
- gangway / aisle = passageway between seating areas as in an auditorium or passenger vehicle or between areas of shelves of goods as in stores
- arcade = a covered passageway with shops and stalls on either side
- areaway = a passageway between buildings or giving access to a basement
- corridor = an enclosed passageway
- gallery / heading / drift = a horizontal (or nearly horizontal) passageway in a mine
- gangway = a temporary passageway of planks
- gate = passageway (as in an air terminal) where passengers can embark or disembark
- shaft = a vertical passageway through a building
- tunnel = a passageway through or under something, usually underground
- walk-through = a pedestrian passageway through the ground floor of a building
- a path or channel or duct through or along which something may pass
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonym of passageway: passage
- more generic terms: anatomical structure / bodily structure / body structure / complex body part / structure = a particular complex anatomical part of a living thing and its construction and arrangement
- more specific terms:
- birth canal = a passage in the uterus and vagina through which a fetus passes during vaginal birth
- meatus = a natural body passageway
- opening / orifice / porta = an aperture or hole that opens into a bodily cavity
- epithelial duct / channel / canal / duct = a bodily passage or tube lined with epithelial cells and conveying a secretion or other substance
- sinusoid = tiny endothelium-lined passages for blood in the tissue of an organ
- carpal tunnel = a passageway in the wrist through which nerves and the flexor muscles of the hands pass
- root canal = the passage in the root of a tooth through which its nerve and blood vessels enter the pulp cavity
- oesophagus / esophagus / gullet / gorge = the passage between the pharynx and the stomach
- epicardia = the short part of the esophagus extending downward from the diaphragm to the stomach
- fauces = the passage between the back of the mouth and the pharynx
- fistula / sinus = an abnormal passage leading from a suppurating cavity to the body surface
- shunt = a passage by which a bodily fluid (especially blood) is diverted from one channel to another
"Passageway" is a musical EP of Aurora Halal.
- released on
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Passageway
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Edward Furimsky
The reaction vessel used for this purpose contained vapor and optionally liquid passageway means to bypass one or more catalyst beds. This permitted a more stable and efficient reaction vessel operation. Another process based on the ...
by Francis D. K. Ching
Exit passageway is a means of egress connecting a required exit or exit court with a public way, having no openings otherthan required exits and enclosed by fire-resistive construction as required for the walls, floors, and ceiling ofthe building ...
Practical Insight on Joint Commission Standards by Brad Keyes
An exit passageway is a horizontal means ofegress that is protected from fire in a similar fashion as the fire-rated stairwell. An exit passageway is different than other passageways as it has fire-rated walls and barriers. It is 44 Chapter Leader's ...
An Architectural Guide by Geoffrey Tyack
The gate tower, overlooking Merton Street, is embellished with niches on either side of the first-floor oriel window, which lit the principal chamber of the President's Lodgings, and over the entrance passageway is a fan vault, one of the first ...
Environmental Impact Statement
Excess Storm Water Passageway is a channel formed on the surface of the soil to carry storm water runoff through a specific area from dominant to servient estates. Natural Drainage is water which flows by gravity in channels formed by the ...
by Sebastiano Serlio, Vaughan Hart, Peter Hicks
Beyond the passageway is the garden. This house is at number x.4"5 This house was largely done in the French style,4'"' particularly the front facade which was done in the Parisian fashion, but nevertheless observing ancient decorum in the ...
The Source Code (The Ultimate Spiritual Guide to Dream Interpretation) by KAYA
The passageway through a tunnel symbolically denotes a passageway ...
Encyclopedia of Forms and Precedents for Pleading and Practice, at Common Law, in Equity, and Under the Various Codes and Practice Acts (1902)
by William Henry Michael, William Mack, Howard Pervear Nash, Thomas Edward O'Brien, James Cockcroft
to the grantee of a lot of land abutting on said parcel herein first described, which is the five-loot passageway leading to Carver street in said deeds referred to; and each of said deeds contains a grant, in terms substantially the same in each ...
by John E. Traister
aisle: A passageway, as in a church or assembly room, ...
The Describer's Dictionary (1995)
A Treasury of Terms and Literary Quotations by David Grambs
supporting a roof or wall colonnade colonnade encircling an open space or building peristyle roofed outdoor passageway between buildings breezeway, (of a cabin) dogtrot long walkway within a structure or between buildings passageway ...
anoun, plural passages passageway noun A way or route along which someone or something can pass, pas-sage-way (pas'ij wa') OMOMM, plural passageways passenger noun Someone riding in a train, ...
by James T. Frane
7/a" passageway 2" passageway 3" deep seal 2" passageway Elements in this area remain as shown when tail and. 384 water closet. Water. closet. The water closet that we are familiar with today first came into use during ...
An Encyclopedia of Caesar's World and Legacy by Michael Lovano
From its base, they threw out a covered passageway in the direction of Massilia's walls, not just made of thick timbers but also covered on top with brick, clay, animal hide, and wet quilts, to protect it from fire, as they had done with the roof of the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Passageway
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Passageway
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: nathanmac87
Photo credit: savemejebus
Photo credit: Peter Curbishley
Photo credit: Javier Kohen
Images of Copenhagen, Denmark, taken with a Panasonic Lumix G1 camera.
Photo credit: smaedli
Photo credit: benagain_photos
Photo credit: sherrattsam
Photo credit: shonk
at the Bahia Palace
Photo credit: Hunda
Feeling claustrophobic yet? An underground passage.
Photo credit: jdlasica
Monasterio Santa Catalina, Arequipa, Peru
Photo credit: Phillie Casablanca
Grossinger's Resort was one of many resorts in what was known as the Borscht Belt in the Catskills. Located in Liberty, NY right off of Route 17, Grossinger's was in operation from 1919 until 1986.
Photo credit: Alex Bellink
Photo credit: mick62
Photo credit: jcubic
Photo credit: V31S70
Photo credit: sherrattsam
Photo credit: Sprup
Outside of the Sheesh Mahal (Mirror Palace).
Photo credit: diametrik
- The passageway
Photo credit: akigabo
- The Passageway - Old Market - Omaha, NE
Photo credit: vwcampin
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Passageway
Video shows what passageway means. A covered walkway, between rooms or buildings.. Any way for passing in, out or through something.. Passageway ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Passageway!
Scrabble value of P3A1S1S1A1G2E1W4A1Y4
The value of this 10-letter word is 19 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Passageway to see it in context!