Paste appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Pity Tina, for paste gets a profanity tip.
- For all I paste goo to, Toto too gets a pillar of.
- Poor dynamite yetis note paste wets a pet on-site yeti… many droop.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun paste:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb paste:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun paste
- Definition of the verb paste
- Phrases with Paste
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Paste
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Paste
- Photos about Paste
- Video language resources about Paste
- Quotes about Paste
- Scrabble value of P3A1S1T1E1
- Anagrams of PASTE
- Share this page
The word paste is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun paste
What does paste mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: pastes
- any mixture of a soft and malleable consistency
- a hard, brilliant lead glass that is used in making artificial jewelry
- an adhesive made from water and flour or starch; used on paper and paperboard
- a tasty mixture to be spread on bread or crackers or used in preparing other dishes
- lexical domain: Foods & Drinks - nouns denoting foods and drinks
- synonym of paste: spread
- more generic word: condiment = a preparation (a sauce or relish or spice) to enhance flavor or enjoyment
- more specific terms:
- oleomargarine / margarine / margarin / marge / oleo = a spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter
- nut butter = ground nuts blended with a little butter
- peanut butter = a spread made from ground peanuts
- marshmallow fluff = a very sweet white spread resembling marshmallow candy
- onion butter = butter blended with minced onion
- pimento butter = butter blended with mashed pimento
- shrimp butter = butter blended with chopped shrimp or seasoned with essence from shrimp shells
- lobster butter = butter blended with chopped lobster or seasoned with essence from lobster shells
- cheese spread = spread made of cheese mixed with butter or cream or cream cheese and seasonings
- anchovy butter = butter blended with mashed anchovies
- fishpaste = a paste of fish or shellfish
- garlic butter = butter seasoned with mashed garlic
- miso = a thick paste made from fermented soybeans and barley or rice malt
- hoummos / hommos / hummus / humous / humus = a thick spread made from mashed chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and garlic; used especially as a dip for pita
- pate = liver or meat or fowl finely minced or ground and variously seasoned
- tapenade = a spread consisting of capers and black olives and anchovies made into a puree with olive oil
- tahini = a thick Middle Eastern paste made from ground sesame seeds
Alternative definition of the noun paste
- A soft mixture, in particular
- Specifically, one of flour, fat, or similar ingredients used in making pastry.
- Specifically, one of pounded foods, such as fish paste, liver paste, or tomato paste.
- Specifically, one used as an adhesive, especially for putting up wallpapers, etc.
- [physics] A substance that behaves as a solid until a sufficiently large load or stress is applied, at which point it flows like a fluid
- A hard lead-containing glass, or an artificial gemstone made from this glass.
Definition of the verb paste
What does paste mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: pasted | pasting | pastes
- join or attach with or as if with glue
- examples: paste the sign on the wall | cut and paste the sentence in the text
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Agent - being or machine] [Verb] [Patient] Linda taped the picture [Agent - being or machine] [Verb] [Patient] [Adjective] Linda taped the box shut [Agent - being or machine] [Verb] [Patient, plural] together Linda taped the label and the cover together [Agent - being or machine] [Verb] [Patient 1] to / on / onto [Patient 2] Linda taped the picture to the wall [Patient - solid, plural] [Verb] [Adverb] Eggs whisk easily | Most labels tape easily [Patient - solid, plural] [Verb] [Adverb] together Labels and covers tape easily together [Patient - solid, plural] [Verb] together [Adverb] Labels and covers tape together easily [Patient 1 - solid] [Verb] [Adverb] to / on / onto [Patient 2] Labels tape easily to that kind of cover [Patient 1 - solid] [Verb] to / on / onto [Patient 2] It clamped on his ankle
- lexical domain: Contact - verbs of touching, hitting, tying, digging
- synonym of paste: glue
- more generic word: attach = cause to be attached
- more specific word: epoxy = glue with epoxy
- hit with the fists
- cover the surface of
- Paste: A paste is a small pastry produced in the state of Hidalgo in central Mexico and in the surrounding area. They are stuffed with a variety of fillings including potatoes and ground beef, apples, pineapple, sweetened rice, or other typical Mexican ingredients, such as tinga and mole.
- also known as Pastes
- Paste: A food paste is a semi-liquid colloidal suspension, emulsion, or aggregation used in food preparation or eaten directly as a spread. Pastes are often highly spicy or aromatic, are often prepared well in advance of actual usage, and are often made into a preserve for future use. Common pastes are some fruit preserves, curry pastes, and nut pastes. Purées are food pastes made from already cooked ingredients.
There are other foods with Paste in their name, like Chili paste, Sugar paste, Almond paste, Peanut paste, Shrimp paste, Tomato paste, Pheasant paste, Red bean paste, Black bean paste, Lotus seed paste, Sweet bean paste, Fermented bean paste and Yellow soybean paste.
"Paste" is a 5,800-word short story by Henry James first published in Frank Leslie’s Popular Monthly in December, 1899. James included the story in his collection, The Soft Side, published by Macmillan the following year. James conceived the story as a clever reversal of Guy de Maupassant's "The Necklace".
- also known as Paste (volume 16)
- language: English Language
- released in (116 years ago)
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Richard W. King, Jacob Lindauer, Irina Popov
- art direction by Lauren Fitzsimmons & Jennifer Williams
- written by Jordan Rosenblum & Henry Prince
- Jon Prescott as Marc
- Jessica Miller as Fleet
- Richard Leighton as Nathaniel
- David Haley as Diggs
- Bobby Bromley as Tommy
- Hannah Telle as Mags
- Kyle Steven Templin as Christian
- Leigh Schindler as Emma
- Jordan Brown as Man
- Sabrina Jones as Woman
- Rick Williamson as Marc's Father
- Marc Chicoine
- Autumn Ericson
- K. Eugenio
- Elio Martinez
- casting by Nicki Katz & Msaada Nia
- cinematography by Ezequiel Casares
- edited by Varun Viswanath
- music by Scott Gilman
- costume design by Malcolm Bacani
- genres: Adventure Film, Drama, Romance Film
- released on
"Paste" is an album by punk rock band Alien Father. It is a compilation of previous work released only to friends, as well as some new material.
Paste is a musical group.
- Paste is a monthly music and entertainment digital magazine published in the United States by Wolfgang's Vault. Its tagline is "Signs of Life in Music, Film and Culture." It ran as a print publication from 2002 to 2010 before converting to online-only.
- official website: www.pastemagazine.com
- Paste: In physics, a paste is a substance that behaves as a solid until a sufficiently large load or stress is applied, at which point it flows like a fluid. In rheological terms, a paste is an example of a Bingham plastic fluid.
- paste is a Unix command line utility which is used to join files horizontally by outputting lines consisting of the sequentially corresponding lines of each file specified, separated by tabs, to the standard output. It is effectively the horizontal equivalent to the utility cat command which operates on the vertical plane of two or more files.
- paste is a visual art medium.
Phrases with Paste
Phrase starting with the word Paste:
Phrases ending with the word Paste:
- to paste
- Fish paste
- pouf paste
- puff paste
- Curry Paste
- tomato paste
- anchovy paste
- Bloater Paste
- Cut and paste
- Diamond Paste
- library paste
- Copy and Paste
- alimentary paste
- Phosphorus Paste
Other phrases containing the word Paste:
View more phrases with the word Paste in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Paste
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by J. Clive Gingell, Paul H. Abrams
The paste is a suspension of polytetrafluoroethylene particles in glycerin and polysorbate and marketed as Polytef by Ethicon. The particles are relatively inert, but stimulate a fibroblastic response. Histiocytes phagocytose the particles and ...
by Kenneth M. Hargreaves, Louis H. Berman
Ledermix paste is a nonsetting, water-soluble paste material for use as root canal medicament or as a direct or indirect...
Concrete and Masonry (1964)
by United States. Dept. of the Army
The paste is the cementing medium that binds the aggregate particles into a solid mass. c. Grout. Grout is a mixture of portland cement, lime, fine aggregate, and water in such proportions that the mixture is fluid. Exact proportions and the ...
by Trieu Thi Choi
Dried shrimp paste is a dense mixture of fermented, ground shrimp found in the markets throughout Vietnam and other countries in Southeast Asia—sold as solid bricks wrapped in paper or plastic, or crumbled in jars, and ranging from pink to ...
Full Belly (2014)
Good Eats for a Healthy Pregnancy by Tara Mataraza Desmond, Shirley Fan
Once the paste is a lumpless liquid, add the rest of the coconut milk and 1⁄2 cup/ 118 ml of water, and then sprinkle in the curry powder and salt, whisking to combine everything. Pour the coconut milk mixture into the pan with the cauliflower, ...
by L. Hymes
A solder paste is a material already containing the solder in the form of a solder powder. The powder consists of small spherical or irregular particles of solder. A solder paste also contains rosin (generally in a modified form), activator, and also ...
by Wieslaw Kurdowski
cement paste is the function of the C3A and alkali content, as well as the function of cement fineness. However, in the same report  this author also found no relation between the water demand of cement and water content in concrete ...
Cooking Basics For Dummies (2014)
by Marie Rama, Bryan Miller
The tamarind paste is an important ingredient in Pad Thai, but if you can't find it , ...
Volume 11 - Computer-Aided Process Analysis to Copyright by John J. McKetta Jr
Concrete can be considered to be made of two components, aggregates and paste. Aggregates are generally classified into two groups, fine and coarse. Fine aggregates consist of natural or manufactured sand with particle sizes smaller than ...
Or, The Accomplish'd Housewives Companion ... by John Nott
HAVING boil'd your Venison, take it up, and has ving also made a sweet Paste of a brown Loaf, grated fine, a Pint of White-wine, two Pound of Sugar, and an Orange-peel minc'd finall, season it with Salt, and Nutmeg, and having mixed all well ...
by Robert S. Igoe
Paste. A. paste. made. by. cooking. sweet. and. bitter. almonds. which. have been ground and blanched in combination with sugar. It consists approximately of two parts almond to one part sugar. It is used in pastries and cakes.
tomato paste Tomato coulis reduced until it turns into a paste; it is used to make ragouts and sauces. tomato coulis Tomato purée of medium thickness that is served either hot or cold, as a sauce. hummus Lebanese condiment made from ...
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis].
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
and supply the paste with ley during twenty-four hours; after which, the fire being; put out, the matter is left to settle, and the lixivium drawn off as before. This process is repeated for eight or nine days, ...
A Dictionary of Dentistry (2010)
by Robert Ireland
paste. n. See PASTE. prophylaxis. n. The use of any means to prevent disease. Dental prophylaxis involves the removal of *calculus, both sub and supragingival, and *plaque from the surfaces of the teeth ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis; Or Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, &c. Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
* PASTE. n.s. [paste, French.] 1. Any the first- time , be committed to the fire again, thin£ mixed up so as to be vtsoous and tenacious ...
by Michael T. Murray, Joseph Pizzorno
Cost Tomato paste, 1-ounce can 16 $0.065 Lycopene supplement, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Paste
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Paste
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Paste
Click on an item to play that video:
- Beach Slang - Bad Art & Weirdo Ideas - 10/15/2015 - Paste Studios, New York, NY
Beach Slang - Bad Art & Weirdo Ideas Recorded Live: 10/15/2015 - Paste Studios - New York, NY...
- Beach Slang - Get Lost - 10/15/2015 - Paste Studios, New York, NY
Beach Slang - Get Lost Recorded Live: 10/15/2015 - Paste Studios - New York, NY...
- Beach Slang - Ride the Wild Haze - 10/15/2015 - Paste Studios, New York, NY
Beach Slang - Ride the Wild Haze Recorded Live: 10/15/2015 - Paste Studios - New York, NY...
- Paste Definition to WikiHyperGlossary from MS Word
This video requires a login, and shows how to paste a definition into the WikiHyperglossary from MS Word.
- Paste Meaning
Video shows what paste means. A soft mixture, in particular: One of flour, fat, or similar ingredients used in making pastry. One of pounded foods, such as fish ...
- Crust Paste Definition and Pronunciation
- Thermal paste Meaning
Video shows what thermal paste means. Substance used to transfer heat evenly, such as used in computers, thermal grease.. Thermal paste Meaning. How to ...
- Tomato paste sauce dream interpretation, Tomato paste sauce Dream Meaning,
In the dream, to alleviate shortages in tomato paste conditions, can be taken as opportunities. Again, the tomato paste, that works better although it is small ...
- New York Streets - Create texture and definition with Design Paste
- Paste bomb Meaning
Video shows what paste bomb means. Any snippet of irrelevant text or data which is pasted into an online conversation to disrupt it.. Paste bomb Meaning.
- Copy Paste Description
Copy Paste Description Project**** This video is by Sunita Network Pvt. Ltd. and shows the working process of Traderzplanet.com's copy paste description ...
- Copy Paste Description work
Online Copy Paste Description work Demo by Royal Infotech Group.
- Copy Paste Description
This video is by VR Network Pvt. Ltd. and shows the working process of Traderzplanet.com's copy paste description project. Traderzplanet.com is a B2B service ...
- Mass bulk copy paste Youtube description via TubeBuddy
Copy and paste description for multiple Youtube videos with TubeBuddy. Read...
- FREE! Microsoft Open Source Software - language translator - Paste Text & "Translate"
LEARN MORE AT...
- CNC Add-on: Rotating Laser Soldering Paste applicator / Description
General description of the assembly. Entry for the The Hackaday Prize. link...
- How To Paste Youtube Video To Your Ebay Description for Beginners
- Basics of film language copy paste
See also the pronunciation examples of Paste!
Quotes about Paste
We play at paste,
Till qualified for pearl,
Then drop the paste,
And deem ourself a fool.
The shapes, though, were similar,
And our new hands
Practising sands. (Emily Dickinson)
more quotes about paste...
Scrabble value of P3A1S1T1E1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PASTE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Paste!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Paste to see it in context!