On this page:
- Definition of the adjective pauline
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Pauline
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pauline
- Photos about Pauline
- Videos about Pauline
- Quotes about Pauline
- Scrabble value of P3A1U1L1I1N1E1
- Anagrams of PAULINE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective pauline
What does pauline mean as an attribute of a noun?
- relating to Paul the Apostle or his doctrines
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
Alternative definition of the adjective pauline
- Of or relating to the Apostle Paul, his writings, his doctrines, and the form of Christianity that arose from them.
- Pauline Vasseur, who performs under the mononym Pauline, is a French composer, with Algerian origin, songwriter and singer.
- also known as Pauline Vasseur
- born on (28 years ago) in Lens
- nationality: France
- profession: Composer, singer-songwriter
- genre: Pop music
- albums: "Allo le monde", "La vie du bon côté", "Le meilleur de nous-mêmes"
- nominated to World Music Award for World’s Best Live Act
- nominated to World Music Award for World’s Best Female Artist
- official website: pauline-officiel.fr
- Pauline a.k.a. Pauline Marois is a former Premier of Quebec and former leader of the Parti Québécois. On September 4, 2012, Marois led her party to minority victory in the Quebec general election, thus becoming the first female premier in the province's history. However, her party was defeated 19 months later in the 2014 Quebec general election, an election that she herself had called. Marois was personally defeated in the riding of Charlevoix–Côte-de-Beaupré and announced her resignation as PQ leader. Her electoral defeat marked the shortest stay of any Quebec provincial government since the Canadian Confederation and the lowest showing for the PQ since its first general election in 1970.
- read more about Pauline Marois
- Pauline a.k.a. Angel Dark is a Slovak pornographic actress and nude model. She began her career in the adult film industry in 2002, and has since appeared in over 230 films.
- read more about Angel Dark
- Pauline a.k.a. Pauline Kamusewu, also known as just Pauline is a Swedish soul singer/song-writer of Zimbabwean and Italian descent. In 2003 she won the Rockbjörnen award for Best Swedish Newcomer. She competed in the second heat of Melodifestivalen 2010 in Sandviken with the song Sucker for Love but was knocked out in the duels by Crucified Barbara.
- read more about Pauline Kamusewu
- Pauline a.k.a. Robin Bush: Pauline Robinson "Robin" Bush, the second child of President George H. W. Bush, died of leukemia in infancy.
- read more about Robin Bush
- Pauline a.k.a. Princess Pauline of Anhalt-Bernburg: Pauline Christine Wilhelmine of Anhalt-Bernburg was a princess consort of Lippe, married in 1796 to Leopold I, Prince of Lippe. She served as the regent of Lippe during the minority of her son from 1802 to 1820. She is regarded as one of the most important rulers of Lippe. On 1 January 1809, she abolished serfdom by princely decree. She managed to keep the principality independent during the Napoleonic Wars. She wrote a constitution, in which the power of the estates was reduced. In the collective historical consciousness of the Lippe population, however, she is best remembered for her social goals. She founded the first day care center in Germany, a labor school for neglected children, a voluntary work camp for adult charity recipients and a health care institution with first aid center.
- read more about Princess Pauline of Anhalt-Bernburg
- Pauline is a fictional character from the 2011 drama film, House of Tolerance.
- Pauline is a fictional character from 2000 romantic-drama film The Widow of Saint-Pierre.
- Pauline is a fictional character from the 2011 film The Minister.
- Pauline is a fictional character from 2012 film Hemingway & Gellhorn.
- Pauline is a fictional character from the 2000 film Still Waters.
- Pauline is a fictional character from the 2008 and 2012 films Excision.
- Pauline is a fictional character from 2010 film For the Love of God.
- Pauline is a fictional character from the 1968 film Tell Me Lies.
- Pauline is a fictional film character.
- Pauline is a fictional character from the 1968 film The Great Silence.
- Pauline is a fictional character from One Cooks, the Other Doesn't.
There are other characters with in their name, like Pauline Cox, Pauline Hay, Pauline Mole, Pauline Lewis, Pauline Mason, Pauline Fossil, Pauline Fowler, Pauline Parker, Pauline Collins, Pauline Fleming, Pauline Lumumba, Pauline Rysdale, Pauline Bonaparte and Pauline 'Posey' Benetto.
"Pauline" is a book by Robert Browning.
- also known as "Pauline. Paracelsus. Strafford. Sordello. Pippa passes. King Victor and King Charles", "Pauline; a fragment of a confession"; "Pauline: a fragment of a confession"; "Pauline: Paracelsus; Pippa passes; King Victor and King Charles"; "Pauline: the text of 1833 compared with that of 1867 and 1888"; "Pauline: Paracelsus; Pippa passes; King Victor and King Charles, from the author's revised text. Edited with introductions and notes by Charlotte Porter and Helen A. Clarke"; "Pauline ; Paracelsus ; Strafford ; Sordello ; Pippa passes ; King Victor and King Charles"; "Pauline: A Fragment of a confession (Collected Works of Robert Browning)"
"Pauline" is a film directed by Henri Étiévant released on Mar 27, 1914.
- "Pauline" is an opera in four acts with music by the British composer Frederic H. Cowen to a libretto by Henry Hersee after The Lady of Lyons by Edward Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton, first performed 22 September 1876 at the Lyceum Theatre, London.
- "Pauline" is a chamber opera in two acts composed by Tobin Stokes to a libretto by Margaret Atwood. Commissioned by City Opera of Vancouver, the opera is set in Vancouver in March 1913 during the final days in the life of the Canadian writer and performer Pauline Johnson. It premiered on 23 May 2014 at Vancouver's York Theatre.
- music by Tobin Stokes
- "Pauline" is a musical album of Pauline Henry.
- released in (23 years ago)
- "Pauline" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music by The Durutti Column
- "Pauline" is a composition by Eleni Mandell.
- "Pauline" is a composition.
- music by Bobby Bandiera
- Pauline is an unincorporated community in Shawnee County, Kansas, United States. Located south of Topeka, it lies next to Forbes Field. Although it began as a small unincorporated community in its own right, Pauline now is occasionally seen as part of the South City Industry Park for Topeka, Kansas with its many large businesses.
- Pauline a.k.a. Pauline, South Carolina: Pauline is a small, rural unincorporated community in Spartanburg County, South Carolina, United States. Until the 1890s, Pauline was known as Stribling. The community took the name "Pauline" when they were to name a post office and the name "Stribling" was already taken; "Pauline" was the first name of the postmaster's daughter at the time.
- read more about Pauline, South Carolina
- Pauline a.k.a. Pauline, Nebraska: Pauline is an unincorporated community in Adams County, Nebraska, in the United States.
- read more about Pauline, Nebraska
- Pauline a.k.a. Pauline, Idaho: Pauline is an unincorporated community in Power County, Idaho, United States. Pauline is 21 miles south-southwest of Pocatello.
- read more about Pauline, Idaho
- Pauline a.k.a. Pauline, Illinois: Pauline is an unincorporated community in Champaign County, Illinois, United States. Pauline is located along a Union Pacific, formerly Chicago and Eastern Illinois,railroad line northeast of St. Joseph.There is no population. There are two grain soilos no longer used.
- read more about Pauline, Illinois
There are other places with in their name, like Pauline Johnson Memorial.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Pauline
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Elizabeth Ann Beaulieu
Gena Elise Chandler Breedlove, Pauline (The Bluest Eye) Pauline "Polly" Breedlove is the mother of Pecola* and, in a sense, foreshadows Pecola's downfall. "The sins of the mother," it seems, fall on the child and eventually come to destroy ...
by Pauline Brown
A Comprehensive Visual Guide to Traditional and Contemporary Techniques Pauline Brown. THEMES. Embroidery can be used to interpret different subjects in a variety of decorative styles, but the wide choice of techniques, fabrics, and ...
by Bruce E. Johansen, Barry M. Pritzker
Pauline Johnson. Karl S. Hele References and Further Reading Gray, Charlotte. 2002. Flint and Feather: The Life and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pauline
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Pauline
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: kidperez
Photo credit: oh_debby
Photo credit: Simon Blackley
Photo credit: Tim Arafiles
Photo credit: fotologic
Happy Hands Project
Photo credit: katrina.alana
Photo credit: moncho71
Pauline was the pet of President William Howard Taft and is seen here grazing on the south lawn of the White House. She supplied the Taft family with fresh milk daily.
Photo credit: Fabio Bruna
Daar kijk ik graag naar, Pien achter het stuur
Photo credit: Fabio Bruna
- Pauline Monastery, Budapest
Photo credit: Dimitris Graffin
- Pauline St., Sanctuary.
Photo credit: alessandrofnunes
- Pauline mekker
Photo credit: color line
- Jacky and Pauline Baragatan
Photo credit: Cherrylynx
- Pauline, Stubba
Photo credit: Craig Anderson
- Pauline's Hooks and strings
Photo credit: qcom
View more pictures about Pauline Collins.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Pauline
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Pauline!
Quotes about Pauline
Scrabble value of P3A1U1L1I1N1E1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PAULINE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Pauline!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Pauline to see it in context!