On this page:
- Definition of the noun payment
- Phrases with Payment
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Payment
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Payment
- Photos about Payment
- Video language resources about Payment
- Sign language
- Quotes about Payment
- Scrabble value of P3A1Y4M3E1N1T1
- Anagrams of PAYMENT
- Share this page
The word payment is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun payment
What does payment mean as a name of something?
Payment is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural: payments
- a sum of money paid or a claim discharged
- lexical domain: Possessions - nouns denoting possession and transfer of possession
- antonym: nonpayment
- more generic word: cost = the total spent for goods or services including money and time and labor
- more specific terms:
- royalty = payment to the holder of a patent or copyright or resource for the right to use their property
- incentive / bonus = an additional payment (or other remuneration) to employees as a means of increasing output
- overpayment = a payment larger than needed or expected
- underpayment = a payment smaller than needed or expected
- subscription = a payment for consecutive issues of a newspaper or magazine for a given period of time
- regular payment = a payment made at regular times
- blood money = paid to a hired murderer
- recompense = payment or reward
- refund = money returned to a payer
- conscience money = payment made voluntarily to reduce guilt over dishonest dealings
- support payment = a payment made by one person for the support of another
- reward = payment made in return for a service rendered
- payoff / bribe = payment made to a person in a position of trust to corrupt his judgment
- residual = a payment that is made to a performer or writer or director of a television show or commercial that is paid for every repeat showing
- benefit = payment or entitlement
- lump sum = a complete payment consisting of a single sum of money
- final payment / payoff = the final payment of a debt
- remittance / remission / remitment / remittal = a payment of money sent to a person in another place
- quittance / repayment = payment of a debt or obligation
- token payment = a small payment made in acknowledgement of an obligation
- penalty = a payment required for not fulfilling a contract
- pittance = an inadequate payment
- insurance premium / premium = payment for insurance
- installment = a payment of part of a debt
- down payment / deposit = a partial payment made at the time of purchase
- satisfaction = the payment of a debt or fulfillment of an obligation
- deferred payment / credit = arrangement for deferred payment for goods and services
- immediate payment / cash = prompt payment for goods or services in currency or by check
- the act of paying money
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of payment: defrayal / defrayment
- antonym of payment: nonpayment
- more generic words: commerce / commercialism / mercantilism = transactions (sales and purchases) having the objective of supplying commodities
- more specific terms:
- amortisation / amortization = payment of an obligation in a series of installments or transfers
- fee splitting = payment (usually by doctors or lawyers) of part of the fee in return for the referral
- overpayment = the act of paying too much
- prepayment = payment in advance
- ransom = payment for the release of someone
- repayment / refund = the act of returning money received previously
- remuneration = the act of paying for goods or services or to recompense for losses
- rendering = giving in acknowledgment of obligation
- disbursement / disbursal / spending / outlay = the act of spending or disbursing money
- tribute = payment by one nation for protection by another
- underpayment = the act of paying less than required
- an act of requiting; returning in kind
Alternative definition of the noun payment
- [uncountable] The act of paying.
- [countable] A sum of money paid in exchange for goods or services.
Payment: A payment is the transfer of an item of value from one party to another in exchange for the provision of goods, services or both, or to fulfill a legal obligation.
Phrases with Payment
Phrases starting with the word Payment:
Phrases ending with the word Payment:
- Back Payment
- down payment
- Piti Payment
- stop payment
- final payment
- token payment
- Grease Payment
- rate of payment
- regular payment
- support payment
- deferred payment
- medicare payment
- order of payment
- Pittance Payment
- transfer payment
- Dation in Payment
- immediate payment
View more phrases with the word Payment in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Payment
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
More Money, Please (2013)
The Financial Secrets You Never Learned in School by Scott Gamm
The minimum payment is the amount you must pay to avoid a late fee. Each credit card issuer...
payment means you're now in debt. In fact, the...
approaching the level that makes even relatively small purchases with electronic payment means feasible. Such non-paper exchanges can now have a cost advantage over checks. Lack of consumer acceptance has impeded the spread of ...
Volume II: Contracts in General by Petri Mäntysaari
Payment is the standard way to perform monetary obligations. Commercial payments are usually made into a bank account, as notes and coins have been replaced by information. There are several basic legal questions ...
Payment Order/Remittance Advice Insurance companies, third-party administrators, payroll service providers, and internal payroll departments use to transmit premium payment information. 834 Benefit Enrollment and Maintenance ...
and of the duties of parish offficers alphabetically arranged : comprising assessed taxes; poor and church rares; highway rates;... and generally all information likely to be serviceable to parochial authorities or sought for by parishioners and rate-payers by John Henry Brady, James N. Mahon
First, a real composition is when an agreement is Composition- made between the owner of the lands, and the parson or the vicar, with the consent of the ordinary or patron, that such lands for the future shall be discharged from payment of ...
The Cabinet Lawyer, or a popular digest of the Laws of England ... with the criminal law. Also, a dictionary of law terms, etc. With a preface signed J. W., i.e. John Wade (1830)
by J. W.
creditor, (such payment not being a fraudulent preference of such creditor,) as well as all payments to the bankrupt, before the date and issuing of the commission, shall be deemed valid, notwithstanding any prior act of bankruptcy, of which the ...
by Edmund Heery, Mike Noon
wage Payment for work within an employment relationship. The wage can consist of a number of elements including the basic wage or salary, supplementary payments, and bonuses. Payment of wages can be made at a variety of intervals, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Payment
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Payment
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: daveparker
Photo credit: Delmonti
color pencil, paper
Photo credit: kynd_draw
Photo credit: kleuske
Port Fairy Pelagic. Victoria.
Photo credit: blachswan
Photo credit: Lloyd Davis
- Payment Method
Not Reader specific, but this is just a shot of the UI where you can select a method of payment. To use the Reader, select Card.
Photo credit: @cdharrison
- Mobile payment
Photo credit: Per Olof Forsberg
- Card Payment
Photo credit: @cdharrison
- Pounds Payment
Photo credit: .v1ctor Casale.
- Cool payment system at a love hotel
Pay direct in your room though a vacuum tube. No need to interact with humans!
Photo credit: kalleboo
View more pictures about Down payment.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Payment
Click on an item to play that video:
- NWC Payment Updates | National Wealth Center | NO MORE PAYPAL | Explanation/Explained
This video gives you the info about NWC new payment option!!! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...
- The Payment Explanation
- The Simple Payment Explanation
The payment objection is often a "reflex" objection on the part of the consumer; if you've qualified the customer properly and helped them select the right vehicle.
- Real Estate Vocabulary - Balloon Payment Mortgage
real estate vocabulary - balloon payment mortgage.
- Tiered Payment Explanation
Golden State Water Company tries to explain why the court ruling against tiered water charges do not apply to them.
- Handling the Payment Objection - the Payment Explanation
- Payment Justifications-Payment Explanation
This "light weight" justification should be used at the first payment objection. While the justification isn't complex, it is intelligent, honest, and mathematically ...
- Payment Meaning
Video shows what payment means. The act of paying.. A sum of money paid in exchange for goods or services.. payment pronunciation. How to pronounce ...
- PITI payment Meaning
Video shows what PITI payment means. The amount paid per month in Principal, Interest, Taxes and Insurance for a given property. Used in determining the ...
- E-commerce Website Payment Gateway Explanation
- StudynStay Safe DEFT Payment Explanation
- Explanation of EMV Chip Credit Cards by One Payment Small Business Credit Card Processing
Call One Payment today at (855) 692-8665 to get your business EMV ready!
- Severance payment Meaning
Video shows what severance payment means. Money that an employer pays to an employee when the employee leaves the company in case of layoffs, often in ...
- Pittance payment Meaning
Video shows what pittance payment means. A meager monetary allowance, wage, or remuneration. A very small amount.. Pittance payment Meaning. How to ...
- Back payment Meaning
Video shows what back payment means. An overdue payment from a debtor to a creditor on money owed.. Back payment Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
- Handle the Payment Using the Payment Explanation
- On-Line Fee Payment System Explanation (English)
- Payment schedule Meaning
Video shows what payment schedule means. A schedule defining the dates and amounts of payments to be made for a financial instrument such as a bond and ...
- Funk-e Animated Explanation Video: Asyx Late Payment
Funk-e Branding is a Rotterdam and Berlin based company that produces awesome animated explanation videos in 2D to help other businesses to explain their ...
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = International payment transfer services
- Changing language in payment method segments(Sellya Prestashop theme)
Changing language in payment method segments.
- Donations: How to use the description field for payment types
- REAL ESTATE DICTIONARY: BALLOON PAYMENT with David Krohn
Property Masters Realty presents THE REAL ESTATE DICTIONARY- simple explanations to some complicated sounding terms in the world of Real Estate.
- Furo following avatar voice multi language payment
- ESL Intermediate Speaking Business Terms of Payment
To join a class...
See also the pronunciation examples of Payment!
Care Act - Deferred Payment Agreements (British Sign Language)
Material produced by Department of Health, UK.
Quotes about Payment
Scrabble value of P3A1Y4M3E1N1T1
The value of this 7-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PAYMENT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Payment!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Payment to see it in context!