The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun PDA:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun pda
What does pda mean as a name of something?
- a lightweight consumer electronic device that looks like a hand-held computer but instead performs specific tasks; can serve as a diary or a personal database or a telephone or an alarm clock etc.
- example: I use Outlook's scheduler at work and I think I'd like to buy a PDA and synchronize them.
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of PDA: organiser / organizer / personal digital assistant / personal organiser / personal organizer
- more generic term: electronic device = a device that accomplishes its purpose electronically
Alternative definition of the noun pda
- [electronics] Personal digital assistant
- Property Damage Accident
- Public display of affection
- Pathological Demand Avoidance
- [computing theory] pushdown automaton
Pda a.k.a. Obando Airport is an airport in Puerto Inírida, Colombia.
- part of Colombia
- PDA: Pickering, Darby and Allday Ltd, PDA, was a British automobile manufacturer from 1912-1913. They built the PDA Cyclecar at their works in Birmingham, equipped with V2-engines from various manufacturers. Approximately 15 units were built.
- PDA is a record label.
- "PDA" is a song from Interpol's self-titled EP and their first album, Turn on the Bright Lights. This song is one of the oldest songs by Interpol and has appeared on many of their early demos and EPs (included their first demo tape, the Fukd I.D. EP, and the Precipitate EP). Between the release of the Interpol EP and the recording of Turn on the Bright Lights, Interpol released "PDA" as a promo single along with a music video, directed by Christopher Mills.
- "PDA" is a musical album of Part Time.
- released on
- PDA is a music video that was nominated for the award Video of the Year in the 2003 Juno Awards.
- PdA a.k.a. Deoxyadenosine monophosphate, also known as deoxyadenylate, or dAMP, is a derivative of the common nucleic acid AMP, or adenosine monophosphate, in which the -OH group on the 2' carbon on the nucleotide's pentose has been reduced to just a hydrogen atom. Deoxyadenosine monophosphate is abbreviated dAMP. It is a monomer used in DNA.
- read more about Deoxyadenosine monophosphate
- Pda a.k.a. Anam language: Anam, or Pondoma, is a Papuan language of Madang Province, Papua New Guinea.
- also known as Pondoma
- Pda is a computing platform.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Pda
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Eamon P. Doherty
One of the great authorities of computer telephony and telecommunications, Richard Grigonis, author of the Computer Telephony Encylopedia, said, “The PDA is a natural evolution of the paper based day organizers of the 1970s and 1980”  ...
by Myung K. Park
PDA is a special problem in premature infants who are recovering from hyaline membrane disease ...
BSC Project Management Essentials by Many Case Study of SWOT Analysis and Strategic Map by tomohisa fujii
The handheld terminal (PDA:personal digital assistants) PDA is a handheld terminal for the individual. It is equipped with the feature of the e-mail and the schedule control, the address book and so on. It is possible to send and receive the ...
15th Annual Conference on Computational Learning Theory, COLT 2002, Sydney, Australia, July 8-10, 2002. Proceedings by Jyrki Kivinen, Robert H. Sloan
Informally a pda is a one-way finite state machine with a stack. Criteria for recognition can be by empty stack or by accepting states, but in both cases the class of languages is that of the context-free ones. If the machine is deterministic ( in a ...
by Jonathan A. Abbott
and, as noted previously, type III PDA is the least common form.7 Consequently, a favorable outcome with coil occlusion can be reasonably ...
Security Consulting (2004)
by Charles A. Sennewald
For shorter trips, where you are gone for a day or so and will be getting back to your office PC, a PDA is an extremely versatile tool. You won't want to write a book on it; however, the folding keyboard enables easy note taking, editing of ...
by Elizabeth Burns, Kenneth Korn, James Whyte IV
PDA is a persistent embryonic connection between the pulmonary artery and the aorta. Blood flows from the aorta into the pulmonary artery. Symptoms: often asymptomatic. Severe cases show dyspnea on exertion. Signs: collapsing pulse ...
A guide for friends, family and professionals by Ruth Fidler, Phil Christie
PDA is a type of autism. Autism describes the way some people's brains work. It can't be seen just by looking at someone, but it does affect the way someone with autism thinks, talks and behaves. Autism affects different people in different ...
for IT, Industrial, and Scientific Applications by Jakob Vlietstra
PCR-PDA PCTG PCTR PCTR PCTV PCU PCU PCU PCU PCU PCU PCU PCU PCU PCU PCU PCU PCUG PCUR PCV PCW PCWG PCX PD PD PD PD PD PD P/D PD PD PD PD PD PD PD PD PD PD PD PD PD PD PD PDA PDA ...
by Mark Gilbert, Robert K. Nilsson
PARTITO D'AZIONE/ACTION PARTY (PdA). The PdA was founded in May 1942 by a diverse group of radicals, liberals, libertarians, and socialists. Many former members of Giustizia e Liberta joined the ranks of the new formation, as did' some ...
The World's most comprehensive list of English-language medical abbreviations and acronyms by Burt Vance
PD = pupil diameter; pupillary diameter PD = pupils distance; pupillary distance PD = pupillary distortion PD = pyloric dilator PD = pyrimidine dimer PD50 = protective dose 50% PDA = patent ductus arteriosus PDA = patient's distress alarm ...
by Joseph C. Salamone
PKBPDA/PDA). /. PKBPDA/ODA). FIGURE 1. Structures and symbols of polyimides. 906 MOLECULAR COMPOSITES (Polyimide/Polyimide, Laminate Processability) MR, molecular recognition; DP,. Molecular Composites (Liquid Crystalline ...
by Pagani, Margherita
Hence, PDA was chosen along with the SDiDTM 1010 card (Wireless Dynamics, 2005) for NFC communications. This card can also be configured to function as a Mifare® card, which is appropriate for secure transfer and storage of electronic ...
is driven by the potential difference of the apical membrane , PDa. The high intracellular K concentration causes an efflux of K across channels in the luminal membrane thereby producing an intracellular negative PDa of ...
by Stephanie Felgoise, Arthur M. Nezu, Christine M. Nezu, Mark A. Reinecke
Panic disorder with agoraphobia (PDA) is characterized by anxiety in and avoidance of situations in which escape or receiving assistance is difficult in the event of a panic attack. Agoraphobic situations commonly include being alone, crowds, ...
by K. Bradley Penuel, Matt Statler, Ryan Hagen
Also critical to the documentation process is a preliminary damage assessment ( PDA). This takes place at the local level where the incident took place and expands as far out as the damage has occurred. States vary in the process of a PDA, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pda
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Pda
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: elka_cz
Photo credit: faul
- Folded pages hipster PDA
This is how it looks when there is no rubber band holding it.
Photo credit: koalazymonkey
Photo credit: rocksee
Photo credit: aarondst
Photo credit: Mills Baker
- PDA NITLE workshop
An older PDA at the NITLE mobile/wireless computing and pedagogy workshop, hosted ably by Lawrence University.
Photo credit: BryanAlexander
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Pda
Click on an item to play that video:
- PDA Meaning
Video shows what PDA means. A personal digital assistant, a handheld computing device.. A public display of affection.. A pushdown automaton.. PDA Meaning ...
- PDA meaning and pronunciation
Public Displays of Affection, can be seen in the form of kissing, touching, groping, licking, nuzzling, cuddling, crossing hands into each other's opposite back ...
- PDA Test Result Explanation
PDA Test Result Explanation.
- AniCa ESL Without Batteries. The Demo with PDA Reader. (English)
AniCa ESL Without Batteries. The Demo with PDA Reader. AniCa ESL is a simple solution for the electronic shelf label. AniCa ESL is using the epaper ...
- AniCa ESL Without Batteries. The Demo with CP50 PDA Reader
AniCa ESL Without Batteries. The Demo with CP50 PDA Reader. AniCa ESL with CP50 PDA reader, is a simple solution for the electronic shelf label. AniCa ...
- AniCa ESL Without Batteries. The Demo with PDA Reader
AniCa ESL with PDA reader, is a simple solution for the electronic shelf label. AniCa ESL is using the epaper technology without batteries, It is helpful for the ...
- AniCa ESL Without Batteries. The Demo with PDA Reader (II)
- AniCa ESL Without Batteries. The Demo with PDA Reader (III)
See also the pronunciation examples of Pda!
Scrabble value of P3D2A1
The value of this 3-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PDA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Pda!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Pda to see it in context!