On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Pena
What does Pena mean as a name of something?
Pena is a genus of Geometridae, described by Walker in 1863.
- synonym: genus Pena
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Insecta
- order: Lepidoptera
- family: Geometridae
- genus: Eupithecia
- Pena is the biggest Šar river in Polog, after the Vardar River. It is the biggest Vardarian tributary from the Šar lakes.
- Pena is a former parish in the municipality of Lisbon, Portugal. At the administrative reorganization of Lisbon on 8 December 2012 it became part of the parish Arroios. In 2001, the population of the district included 6038 residents, in an are of 0.5 km², representing a highly compact population.
- official website: www.jf-pena.pt
Who is Pena?
Pena: Renivaldo Pereira de Jesus, commonly known as Pena, is a Brazilian retired footballer who played as a striker.
- Pena is a fictional character from the 2012 film Gloriously Wasted.
- Pena a.k.a. Peña: Peñais a fictional character from the 1982 film Last Days of the Victim.
- Pena a.k.a. Peña is a fictional character from the 1956 film Section des disparus.
- Pena is a fictional film character.
- Pena a.k.a. Peña: A Peña is a meeting place or grouping of musicians or artists, either in Spain or in various South American countries.
- The Pena, also known as Bana, Bena or Tingtelia, is a mono string instrument falling in the lute category, similar to some of the traditional Indian stringed musical instruments such as Ravanahatha, Ubo or the Kenda, found in various parts of the country. It is the traditional music instrument of the Meitei community of Manipur, India and some parts of Bangladesh and is played either solo or in group, in folk music or as the accompanying musical instrument for Lai Haraoba festivals. Pena playing is becoming a dying art as only 145 active Pena players are reported in Manipur. The Center for Research on Traditional and Indigenous Art, an organization headed by renowned Pena player, Khangembam Mangi Singh, has mandated vision to revive Pena music.
- penA is a gene.
- Pena is a genus of moth in the family Geometridae. It is considered a synonym of Eupithecia.
- Pena is a website.
- official website: stateofillinois.us/people/Pena
Phrases with Pena
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Pena
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Payment Bond Manual (2006)
Pena is an associate at Mann, Berens & Wisner, ...
by Madhumita Dutta
Pena The pena is a bowed lute, popular in North East India and Bangladesh ...
1992-1995 supplement for baseball, football, basketball, and other sports by David L. Porter
Welch PENA, Antonio Francisco "Tony" (b.
Sinhalese English Dictionary (1982)
by B. Clough
Pena, s. question, demand, Bin form of grow prasna; intricate question, puzzle; Elu form of gas, prajfid; wisdom, knowledge, cleverness, ability, skill, discernment, judgement. Of«jS tfite, Pena-esa, s. (oi<s& wisdom ...
by F. Arturo Rosales
PENA, FEDERICO (1947 ) Federico Pena became the first Hispanic mayor of ...
by Ronald G. Driggers
de la Pena.
by Khomdan Singh Lisam
the pena khongba (the player of an indigenous string instrument, Pena), the chong paibas (the special umbrella bearers), the sword ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pena
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Pena
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Pena
Scrabble value of P3E1N1A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PENA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Pena!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Pena to see it in context!