The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun pic:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun pic
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Pic
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pic
- Photos about Pic
- Video language resources about Pic
- Sign language
- Quotes about Pic
- Scrabble value of P3I1C3
- Anagrams of PIC
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun pic
What does pic mean as a name of something?
- a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonyms of pic: film / flick / motion picture / motion-picture show / movie / moving picture / moving-picture show / picture / picture show
- more generic words: product / production = an artifact that has been created by someone or some process; show = a social event involving a public performance or entertainment
- more specific terms:
- telefilm = a movie that is made to be shown on television
- feature film / feature = the principal (full-length) film in a program at a movie theater
- final cut = the final edited version of a movie as approved by the director and producer
- home movie = a film made at home by an amateur photographer
- collage film = a movie that juxtaposes different kinds of footage
- coming attraction = a movie that is advertised to draw customers
- shoot-'em-up = a movie featuring shooting and violence
- short subject = a brief film
- documentary film / infotainment / documentary / docudrama = a film or TV program presenting the facts about a person or event
- cinema verite = a movie that shows ordinary people in actual activities without being controlled by a director
- film noir = a movie that is marked by a mood of pessimism, fatalism, menace, and cynical characters
- skin flick = a pornographic movie
- rough cut = the first print of a movie after preliminary editing
- silent picture / silent movie / silents = a movie without a soundtrack
- slow motion = a movie that apparently takes place at a slower than normal speed
- talking picture / talkie = a movie with synchronized speech and singing
- three-D / 3-D / 3D = a movie with images having three dimensional form or appearance
- musical theater / musical comedy / musical = a play or film whose action and dialogue is interspersed with singing and dancing
- sequence / episode = film consisting of a succession of related shots that develop a given subject in a movie
- credit = an entry on a list of persons who contributed to a film or written work
- subtitle / caption = translation of foreign dialogue of a movie or TV program
- credits = a list of acknowledgements of those who contributed to the creation of a film
- scene / shot = a consecutive series of pictures that constitutes a unit of action in a film
- a representation of a person or scene in the form of a print or transparent slide or in digital format
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of pic: exposure / photo / photograph / picture
- more generic word: representation = a creation that is a visual or tangible rendering of someone or something
- more specific terms:
- beefcake = a photograph of a muscular man in minimal attire
- black and white / monochrome = a black-and-white photograph or slide
- blueprint = photographic print of plans or technical drawings etc.
- cheesecake = a photograph of an attractive woman in minimal attire
- closeup = a photograph taken at close range
- daguerreotype = a photograph made by an early photographic process
- magnification / enlargement / blowup = a photographic print that has been enlarged
- frame = a single one of a series of still transparent pictures forming a cinema, television or video film
- glossy = a photograph that is printed on smooth shiny paper
- headshot = a photograph of a person's head
- holograph / hologram = the intermediate photograph (or photographic record) that contains information for reproducing a three-dimensional image by holography
- longshot = a photograph taken from a distance
- microdot = photograph reduced to the size of a dot
- arial mosaic / photomosaic / mosaic = arrangement of aerial photographs forming a composite picture
- mug shot / mugshot = a photograph of someone's face
- photocopy = a photographic copy of written or printed or graphic work
- stock photograph / stock image = an exisitng photograph licensed for a specific use
- photographic print / print = a printed picture produced from a photographic negative
- photomicrograph = a photograph taken with the help of a microscope
- shadowgraph / radiograph / radiogram / skiagraph / skiagram = a photographic image produced on a radiosensitive surface by radiation other than visible light
- snapshot / shot / snap = an informal photograph
- spectrograph / spectrogram = a photographic record of a spectrum
- stereoscopic photograph / stereoscopic picture / stereo = two photographs taken from slightly different angles that appear three-dimensional when viewed together
- still = a static photograph
- telephotograph / telephoto = a photograph made with a telephoto lens
- telephotograph = a photograph transmitted and reproduced over a distance
- time exposure = a photograph produced with a relatively long exposure time
- vignette = a photograph whose edges shade off gradually
- wedding picture = photographs of bride and groom and their friends taken at their wedding
- scene / shot = a consecutive series of pictures that constitutes a unit of action in a film
Alternative definition of the noun pic
- [informal] A picture, especially a photographic image.
- Pic a.k.a. Charline Picon is a French windsurfer, who specialized in Neil Pryde RS:X class. She captured two bronze medals in her respective class at the Windsurfing World Championships, and eventually attained a top ten finish at the 2012 Summer Olympics. As of September 2014, Picon is ranked as one of the top ten sailors in the world for the sailboard class by the International Sailing Federation, following her successes at the European and World Championships and at the Sailing World Cup series.
- read more about Charline Picon
- Pic a.k.a. David Conley: David "Pic" Conley is an American jazz flute player, songwriter and producer.
- read more about David Conley
- Pic is a fictional character from the 2003 film Fuse.
- Pic is a fictional character from the 2008 film Elle Veut le Chaos.
"Pic" is a novella by Jack Kerouac, first published in 1971.
- also known as "Pic; a novel"
- language: English Language
- genre: Autobiographical novel
- released in (45 years ago)
- PIC a.k.a. The pilot in command of an aircraft is the person aboard the aircraft who is ultimately responsible for its operation and safety during flight. This would be the "captain" in a typical two- or three-pilot aircrew, or "pilot" if there is only one certified and qualified pilot at the controls of an aircraft. The PIC must be legally certified to operate the aircraft for the specific flight and flight conditions, but need not be actually manipulating the controls at any given moment. The PIC is the person legally in charge of the aircraft and its flight safety and operation, and would normally be the primary person liable for an infraction of any flight rule.
- read more about Pilot in command
- Pic a.k.a. Pinji Language: Pinzi is a Bantu language of Gabon.
- also known as Apindji, Apindje, Gapinji, Apinji
- PIC is a website.
- also known as PIC Airport Code, Airport Code PIC, Pine Cay Airport
- Pic is a file format.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Pic
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by A. Schiller
乃 8 " 8 ' 0 Helical Helical Bar pic is a UK based property development and investment company listed on the London Stock Exchange (market capitalization over -367 million). Its key objective is to maximize growth in assets per share using ...
Interfacing the PC for Data Acquisition and Process Control by Dhananjay Gadre
Programmable Interrupt Controller (PIC) The PIC is the heart of the PC interrupt...
Education and Incarceration (2014)
by Erica R. Meiners, Maisha T. Winn
The PIC is a network that sutures capital, communities and the...
by Colin Drury
Memphis pic is a multi-division firm operating in a wide range of activities. One of its divisions, ...
Better Food (1917)
a mince pic is a real delicacy. The lower crust is as tender as the flaky brown top that covers it. Just as good and wholesome as it looks, it is ...
The Jurist ... (1851)
[pic is the chance of injury to life. In . 657, under the title of " Excusable Homi- venture," is a passage which applies this case, and that passage is in these words : ide by misadventure is where one, doing a without any intention of bodily harm, ...
by Tessa Hebb, James P. Hawley, Andreas G.F. Hoepner, Agnes L. Neher, David Wood
Another important investment manager in the South African context is the Public Invest- ment Corporation Limited (PIC). The PIC is an asset management company that is fully owned by the South African government, with the Minister of ...
A Casebook by Michael J. Austin, Ralph Brody, Thomas Packard
By conventional standards, the PIC is a model agency. But in a time when job training is sorely needed at the local level in order to meet the needs of a rapidly changing economy, Congress is cutting JTPA funding, while seriously considering ...
by Bernard Wood
Thus bivariate PIC analyses test whether difference in one variable tends to be associated with difference in another variable throughout the whole phylogeny represented by the sample. This approach differs from analyses of species data that ...
by P. Somasundaran
1 The PLL-gellan PIC fiber was water insoluble and has potential as a new synthetic polypeptide fiber technology. Likewise, PLG and chitosan formed capsules, regularly spaced droplets, and fibers.164' PIC Capsule Formation When a ...
by Binh Nguyen
The PICSTART is a low−cost hardware PIC programmer for developing custom microcontroller applications. Faster than MPLAB, comprehensive command line interface, full source provided. (under the GPL) From Debian 3.0r0 APT ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pic
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Pic
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: &_yo
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Pic
Click on an item to play that video:
- Using Pic Collage as a graphic organizer for vocabulary
Using the Pic Collage app as a graphic organizer to support vocabulary instruction.
- Pic Meaning
Video shows what pic means. A picture, especially a photographic image.. pic pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. pic meaning.
- PIC Meaning
Video shows what PIC means. pilot in command. peripheral interface controller. plastic-insulated conductor. PIC Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- Medical Terminology Word Game And Abbreviation Quiz For Android - 1 Pic 1 Med Term
Play And Learn The Only Game That Will Test Your Medical Terminology And Abbreviation Skills!! Download For Android: ...
- PIC Code Explanation
PIC Code Explanation.
- Garrett -- PIC Circuit Explanation
- Jaggu's explanation for his door pic
- GITG fonts change, definition, pic rearrangement
- PIC Assembly Language: Building your first PIC project "FlashLEDs" using MPLAB
Professor Kleitz shows you how to use MicroChip's free MPLAB development system to flash LEDs using Assembly Language programming.
- David's Lab: 7 Segment LED Display PIC Assembly Language Tutorial
In this episode David covers setting up a 7 segment display on a breadboard, and then programs a PIC16F54 using assembly language to display a counting ...
- Camel toe pic description
- David's Lab: 7 Segment Multiplexing LED Display PIC Assembly Language Tutorial
David adds multi-plexing to the 7 segment display he created and programmed in part 1 of this 2 part series.
- How to Move your Profile Pic/Description to the Right
Click on this link and it will tell you what to do. :)...
- BANDIT LEE WAY HOTDOG! NEW PIC :) **description**
LynZ Way [the most beautiful,talented,amazing woman in the world]+ Gerard Way [The best man in the world]=Bandit Lee Way=A HOT DOG! SHE IS ...
- MD Lab: Assembly Language 101: Introduction to PIC MCU Memory Map
In this episode of MagiDavid's Lab, David introduces the PIC's banking memory system. Understanding how memory is utilized in PIC microcontrollers is an ...
- How to use MPLABIDE for PIC Programming in Assembly Language
This video describes how MPLAB IDE software can be used for writing Assembly Language Program for PIC Microcontroller.
- PIC Assembly Language Programming - Chasing LEDs
This video demonstrates how to mplabx to program a PIC18F series in assembly language. The program goes through setting up timers and interrupts to make a ...
- PIC Programming Assembly Language: Getting Strarted
Learning Assembly language Introduction...
- How to use MikroCpro and PIC Simulator for Embedded C language programming for PIC
This video describes how to use MikroCpro and PIC Simulator for Embedded C language programming for PIC Microcontroller.
- PIC C Architecture for C language
microchip mplab c language assembly language picdem pickit.
- PIC asm Example 5-2 Addition in PIC Assembly Language
- RXW Pic Fed Show ( Description ) uploaded from FliXpress.com
- ACME Random Pic 40 (Sort of...) [REVISED DESCRIPTION]
NOTE: Revised as this is a two part question. Not a single-part. Just a reminder, if a question is a two parter please answer both parts.] Ash: Ladies and ...
- SDCC: Gal Gadot WonderWoman Costume Pic & Batman V Superman Footage Description
Get Your Look At Ben Affleck In The Batman Cowl For Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice -- Sites Linkage: Comic Frontline Site: ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Pic!
Sign language to voice module using PIC micro controller15
Quotes about Pic
No matter how many modern parts I do, people still refer to me as Mrs. Costume Drama. Fight Club is a studio pic, and I've done very few of those. I've got a feeling it's going to change things for me. (Helena Bonham Carter)
more quotes about pic...
Scrabble value of P3I1C3
The value of this 3-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PIC
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Pic!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Pic to see it in context!