Play On appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- To lash tap nodes, a bore has 'em annoy Al Pacino: men made/mimed a mnemonic, a play on names a hero based on paths a lot.
On this page:
Definition of the noun Play On
What does Play On mean as a name of something?
Specialised definition of the noun Play On
Glossary of sports / soccer
a term used by referees to indicate that no foul or stoppage is to be called; used by referees when applying the Advantage Rule
Definition of the verb Play On
What does Play On mean as a doing phrase?
- [cricket] of a batsman, to hit the ball into his own wicket, thus being out bowled
- [sport] to let the game continue after a foul has been committed, because the situation is advantageous to the team who would be awarded a foul.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Albert Dekin
- executive producer: Teri Rogers
- production design by Burak Duvenci & Duncan Rennie
- written by Albert Dekin & David Story
- Andrea Fellers as Jocelyn
- Adam Gray-Hayward as Keir Kilgour
- Ivan Lopez-Muniz
- Gillian Dodds as Shirley Kilgour
- Perrin Hall as Dante
- Chard Hayward as Finlay Kilgour
- Ari Bavel as Wally
- Chase Ashurst as Demo
- Joe Backer as Redneck 1
- Marlon Byers as Pool Player 2
- Joe Cassidy as Mr. Scarritt
- Gordon Cochrane as Ian
- Chris Crain as Pool Hall Bartender
- Brent Crawford as Chiefs Scout
- Albert Dekin as Jack Donovan
- Rebecca Dempsey as Cab Driver to Stadium
- Michael Dragen as Health Club Manager
- Keith Forman as Laird Ferguson
- Erin Gavin as Ticket Agent
- Robert Lawson Gordon as Mojo
- Gavin Hastings as SRU Selector 1
- Catriona Joss as Helen Kilgour
- Sanford Kelley as Pool Player 1
- Jim Korinke as Cab Driver to Airport
- Aaron Laue as Waiter
- David Leith as Martyn Thomson
- Billy Lonergan as Grumpy
- Christy Lonergan as Press Photographer 2
- Tav MacDougall as Malcolm Malloch
- Dylan Matthew as Press Photographer 1
- Graeme Miller as Duncan
- Niamh Morrison as Nurse
- Jennifer Plas as Gina
- Duncan Rennie as Nightclub Bartender
- Dave Rogers as Z
- David Story as College Coach
- Grant Thomson as Simon
- Andrew Warne as Hoit Galloway
- Alex Wilkie as Pub Fan 4
- cinematography by Harry Frith
- edited by Gregory Hobson
- music by Shawn K. Clement
- genres: Sports, Drama
- released on (5 years ago)
- official website: playonthemovie.com
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Play On
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Shifting Ground (2011)
Knowledge and Reality, Transgression and Trustworthiness by Naomi Scheman
The myth such stories play on is a very deep one in American cultural life: Suburbia is a recapitulation of earlier frontier myths of a vast, minimally populated wilderness, whose few inhabitants had no real claim to the land. Following a Lockean ...
Crossword Puzzle Dictionary (1988)
by Nila Gott
ECLAT, APPLAU SE play _ ACT, GAME, ROMP, DRAMA, ENACT, SPORT, FROLIC play, truant _ MICHE play on words _ PUN plea _ APPEAL, EXCUSE, PRAYER plead _ BEG, ADDUCE, ENTREAT pleasure _ FUN, JOY, MIRTH, SPORT, ...
Encyclopedia of Games (1914)
Including All the Indoor Games Played at the Present Day, [etc.]. by Robert Frederick Foster
player is behind, it is better for him to play on, and to seize every chance to score; especially with sequences. As it is considered an advantage to be ahead on the first deal, most players prefer a forward game on the opening hand. Playing Off.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Play On
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Play On
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Play on
Photo credit: jfingas
- Play On
Photo credit: chrisleishman
- Play On
Directed by Play On founders Josh Andrews and Lisa Bany-Winters, these sketches are the result of the sketch comedy elective at Play On Drama Camp in Evanston. Campers in grades 1-8 will perform the three sketches they wrote, interspersed with improv games.
Saturday, January 16th @ 1PM - North Theatre - A part of Sketch Days for Kids!
Photo credit: Guy F. Wicke
- Play on...
Santa Monica, CA.
Photo credit: phoeballoon
- Play on a Swing
Photo credit: chefranden
- Play On!
Itoro, Alex, and Amy rock out during worship.
Minolta MD 50mm 1:1.7
Kodak Max 400
Photo credit: .:Axle:.
- Play on colours
Photo credit: Ryk Neethling
- Play on eyes
Photo credit: oinonio
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Play On
enjoy the life...
teacher not play...
teacher at black board...
children play on
not book with pen... (Otteri Selvakumar)
Anagrams of PLAY ON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Play On!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Play On to see it in context!