The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb plump out:
On this page:
Definition of the verb plump out
What does plump out mean as a doing phrase?
- depart suddenly
- make fat or plump
- example: We will plump out that poor starving child
- lexical domain: Consumption - verbs of eating and drinking
- synonyms of plump out: fat / fatten / fatten out / fatten up / fill out / flesh out / plump
- more generic words: alter / change / modify = cause to change; make different
- entailment: feed / give = give food to
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Plump Out
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis]. (1839)
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
The particles of air expanding themselves, plump out the sides of the bladder, and keep them turgid.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Plump Out
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: