On this page:
- Definition of the adjective populous
- Definition of the noun populous
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Populous
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Populous
- Photos about Populous
- Video language resources about Populous
- Quotes about Populous
- Scrabble value of P3O1P3U1L1O1U1S1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective populous
What does populous mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more populous / most populous
- densely populated
- examples: No city in Europe is so populous as Tokyo. | San Francisco is only one-tenth as populous as New York. | India is populous. | Tokyo is more populous than any other city in Japan. | No city in Europe is as populous as Tokyo. | Mumbai is the most populous city in India and the second most populous city in the world. | The U.S. gun homicide rate is 15 times higher than other populous, high income countries. | Hence England is twice as populous as Spain, according to extent of territory. | India is poised to surpass China and become the world's most populous country. | Oslo is the most populous city in Norway.
- synonym of populous: thickly settled
- similar: inhabited
Alternative definition of the adjective populous
- Having a large population
- Densely populated.
- Crowded with people.
Definition of the noun populous
What does populous mean as a name of something?
- [alternative spelling of, populace] Populace is primarily a US /Canadian misspelling of populous.
Populous is a global architectural firm specializing in the design of sports facilities and convention centers, as well as planning of major special events.
- also known as HOK Sport Venue Event, HOK Sport
- award: - Structural Steel Design Awards - "Centre Court"
- official website: www.populous.com
Who is Populous?
Populous is a musician and film score composer.
- also known as Andrea Mangia, Cable Corp.
- nationality: Italy
- profession: Musician, film score composer
- member of musical group Girl With the Gun
- read more about Populous (musical artist)
"Populous" is a computer game designed by Peter Molyneux for Bullfrog, released originally for the Amiga in 1989, and is regarded by many as the first god game. It is the first game in the Populous series, preceding Populous II: Trials of the Olympian Gods and Populous: The Beginning.
- also known as ポピュラス, 上帝也瘋狂
- mode: Single-player video game
- developer: Bullfrog Productions
- genres: God game, Real-time strategy, Isometric projection, Strategy video game
- publisher: Electronic Arts
- released on (26 years ago)
The Populous series is a series of video games developed by Bullfrog Productions and published by Electronic Arts. The first game in the series – Populous was released in 1989. At the time, it was hailed as revolutionary, and it coined the term "god game".
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Populous
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robert B. Costello
populous Having a lot of people: New York is a populous ...
by Laura Emma Lockwood
the tree Populous : N. O. 185. Popular, adj. of or pertaining to the people at large ; popular cote : P. L. ii.
Encyclopaedia Perthensis, Or, Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, Etc. : Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
ROWIGNO, a populous town in Istria, with two good harbours, and quarries of fine stone. It is seated in a territory which produces excellent wine, in a peninsula on the W. coast. Lon. 13.53. E. Lat. 45. 14. N. (1.) ROVIGO, a town of Italy, capital ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Populous
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Populous
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Populous
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Populous!
Quotes about Populous
During the past three years spectacular progress has been made in increasing wheat, rice, and maize production in several of the most populous developing countries of southern Asia, where widespread famine appeared inevitable only five years ago. (Norman Borlaug)
more quotes about populous...
Scrabble value of P3O1P3U1L1O1U1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Populous to see it in context!