The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun premium:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun premium
- Definition of the adjective premium
- Phrases with Premium
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Premium
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Premium
- Photos about Premium
- Video language resources about Premium
- Sign language
- Quotes about Premium
- Scrabble value of P3R1E1M3I1U1M3
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun premium
What does premium mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: premiums
- payment for insurance
- the amount that something in scarce supply is valued above its nominal value
- a fee charged for exchanging currencies
- a prize, bonus, or award given as an inducement to purchase products, enter competitions initiated by business interests, etc.
- example: they encouraged customers with a premium for loyal patronage
- lexical domain: Possessions - nouns denoting possession and transfer of possession
- more generic words: award / prize = something given for victory or superiority in a contest or competition or for winning a lottery; bonus / incentive = an additional payment (or other remuneration) to employees as a means of increasing output
- payment or reward (especially from a government) for acts such as catching criminals or killing predatory animals or enlisting in the military
Alternative definition of the noun premium
- A prize or award.
- antonym: discount
- Something offered at a reduced price as an inducement to buy something else.
- A bonus paid in addition to normal payments.
- The amount to be paid for an insurance policy.
- An unusually high value.
- [finance] The amount by which a security's value exceeds its face value.
Specialised definition of the noun premium
Glossary of finance / insurance
a payment made by a policyholder to an insurer
- synonym: insurance rate
Glossary of finance / investment
the amount at which shares or bonds trade above their stated or face value
- note: This is the cost to exercise an option.
Definition of the adjective premium
What does premium mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more premium / most premium
- having or reflecting superior quality or value
- example: premium gasoline at a premium price
- similar: superior
"Premium" is a 2006 romantic comedy-drama film written and directed by Pete Chatmon.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Pete Chatmon
- production design by Laura Hyman
- written by Pete Chatmon
- genres: Romance Film, Comedy-drama, Romantic comedy, Comedy, Drama
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (9 years ago)
"Premium" is a video game.
- developer: Silky's
- genre: Adventure game
- publisher: Silky's
- released on (22 years ago)
- "Premium" is a musical album of Fuckin' Maniacs.
- released on
- "Premium" is a musical album of Les Luthiers.
Premium is a record label.
- Premium: Premiums are promotional items—toys, collectables, souvenirs and household products—that are linked to a product, and often require box tops, tokens or proofs of purchase to acquire. The consumer generally has to pay at least the shipping and handling costs to receive the premium. Premiums are sometimes referred to as prizes, although historically the word "prize" has been used to denote an item that is packaged with the product and requires no additional payment over the cost of the product.
- Premium is a collection category, product category.
Phrases with Premium
Phrases starting with the word Premium:
Phrases ending with the word Premium:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Premium
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Dipavali Debroy
The word premium also means the purchase of a company's issued stocks or shares at prices above the average market...
The word premium means the extent to which the market exchange rate for a foreign currency is above the official ...
by Eugene F. Brigham, Phillip R. Daves
Among traders, an option's market price is also called its “premium.” This is particularly confusing because for all other securities the word premium means the excess of the market price over some base price.
by Lawrence Silver, Robert E Stevens, Kenneth Clow
EARNED PREMIUM Insurance companies often require that premiums be paid in advance for the full policy term. However, the premium is “earned” at an even rate for the term of the policy and that portion that is “unearned” remains in a ...
Comprehending a Concise View of the Latest Discoveries, Inventions, and Improvements, Chiefly Applicable to Rural and Domestic Enconomy; Together with Descriptions of the Most Interesting Objects of Nature and Art; the History of Men and Animals, in a State of Health Or Disease; and Practical Hints Respecting the Arts and Manufactures, Both Familiar and Commercial. Illustrated with Numerous Engravings and Cuts. In Four Volumes. Volume First[-fourth]. by Anthony Florian Madinger Willich
l- Premium per T. Premium per Premium per cent, for. may be added the trades of boatbuilders, cart-grease-makers, corkcutters, varnish, flambeau, and lamp-black-makers, hartshorn and vitriol works, oil, silk, and linen manufacturers, ...
by John Bouvier, Francis Rawle
PREMIUM. In Insurance. The consideration for a contract of insurance. A policy of insurance always expresses the consideration called the premium, which is a certain amount or a certain rate upon the value at risk, ...
No permit or extra premium required on old policies. - Policies issued since April 1, 1917, on persons subject to military service contain “war clause” requiring permit and extra premium of 5 per cent. for foreign war service. No extra charge for ...
Marketing dictionary (2000)
by Wolfgang J. Koschnick
near-pack premium, near-pack, package outsert. outsert A piece of printed material or a premium attached to. rather than inserted into, a package. cf. Packungseinlage ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Premium
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Premium
Click on an item to view that photo:
Super sweet Japanese persimmon protected by individual styrofoam netting. One of the many good and sweet things in Japan. iPhone3G photo.
Photo credit: kimubert
Photo credit: temptationize
Photo credit: frankh
- Premium Tea, Darjeeling
The flavor of Darjeeling...
Photo credit: Partha Sarathi Sahana
- Suntory The Premium Malt's Master's Dream
Special lunch at Cocoro
Photo credit: newandrew
- Premium Chair
Everything you need: padding, high-back, lions, pallet & wheels!
Photo credit: StuartBannocks
- Slavutich Premium
Photo credit: Sonnett
- Isfahan Premium Beer
Photo credit: آبجو اصفهان/Isfahan Beer
- WA11AEF PREMIUM TOURS
seen 18/06/12 passing Parliament sq in London
Photo credit: eastleighbusman
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Premium
Click on an item to play that video:
- Your Car Doesn't NEED Premium Gas-A Quick Explanation
Many people think that certain cars NEED premium gas; however, this is not true. There are definitely many benefits that come along with putting premium gas ...
- Buyer's premium Meaning
Video shows what buyer's premium means. A bonus paid by a buyer in addition to normal payments or cost. Usually such payment is made to an auctioneer or ...
- Stronghold Kingdoms - In-Depth Explanation of Premium Tokens
Straight talk about Premium Tokens in Stronghold Kingdoms; what features are useful, which are useless, how to use them, and (of course) why. The opinions ...
- Definition of Written Premium in Insurance : Insurance Questions Answered
- Premium Meaning
Video shows what premium means. Superior in quality; higher in price or value.. Premium Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- Quentin Willson providing his definition of a premium vehicle.
- VerbaLearn.com SAT Vocabulary Premium Features Demo
VerbaLearn.com offers a variety of tools to help students learn vocabulary more efficiently and at their own pace. This demo video highlights the premium ...
- Definition of Premium
This video explains the meaning and value of premium in price and in quality of calf.
- (Premium) Taiji (Taichi) Shoot the Bull Over the Mountain Trick Explanation
(Premium) Taiji(Taichi) Shoot the Bull Over the Mountain Trick Explanation This is Tai Chi and Push Hand basic training about how to deliver force through ...
- Single Premium Life Insurance Definition 888.826.6021
- [UK] Vocabulary Games For Kids Premium App With No Ads
- Change Windows 7 Home Basic/Premium display language [HD]
Created by 8rylos7!!!!!! Like us on Facebook...
- Free ESL Worksheets (Get 5 Premium ESL Worksheets)
- Premium Content Description
4MIN News July 26, 2013...
- Dabbled.net - Premium Dictionary Domain For Sale! No Reserve!
This premium, one word domain name is currently for sale on Flippa. Dabbled is a common term which tends to be used in current day english. It means to ...
- 'AGO' Korea: New premium EFL / ESL Card Game for Kids and Adults
"AGO", pronounced 'Ay-GO' is a new English learning game similar to UNO or 'One Card'. It has three levels: Aqua, Green, Orange; hence the name, AGO.
- Minecraft Premium Account List | Working on MINEPLEX [100%] | [Description]
- Transparent Language Premium Edition
Transparent Language Premium Edition - Spanish.
- Xara Web Designer 7 Premium - Adding Title, Description, Keywords and/or Phrases Lesson 25
- Introduction to AGO, the new premium EFL / ESL game for English learners.
AGO, pronounced 'Ay-Go' is a great card game for students of English. A fast-paced question and answer game with action cards, and exciting game play.
- Holmwood's English Premium. The premier English language course for schools.
Do you teach young people and teenagers English as a foreign language? Are you looking for a modern online course as well as traditional classroom lessons?
- Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus Premium iPhone & iPad Review
An exciting look at Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus Premium for the iPhone and iPad. To check out more reviews, please...
- Minecraft Premium Account List | Working on MINEPLEX [100%] | [Description] #2
[email protected]:shadow04 [email protected]:raidenword99 [email protected]:mcgee1234 [email protected]:godhon555 ...
- Premium Starter Kit and Young Living Membership Description
Joining Young Living as a member with the Premium Starter Kit is the best way to go because you save over 150 and automatically start getting 24% wholesale ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Premium!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Premium
Let's face facts, this is visual medium, there's a very high premium put on people who are good-looking. But the minute you rely on that you get yourself in trouble. You certainly don't make a career out of that anymore as an actor. (Alec Baldwin)
more quotes about premium...
Scrabble value of P3R1E1M3I1U1M3
The value of this 7-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine