On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun protective cover
What does protective cover mean as a name of something?
- a covering that is intend to protect from damage or injury
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of protective cover: protection / protective covering
- more generic word: covering = an artifact that covers something else
- more specific terms:
- armour / armor = protective covering made of metal and used in combat
- bell glass / bell jar = a bell-shaped glass cover used to protect and display delicate objects or to cover scientific apparatus or to contain gases
- ring-binder / binder = holds loose papers or magazines
- book binding / binding / cover / back = the protective covering on the front, back, and spine of a book
- screen / blind = a protective covering that keeps things out or hinders sight
- armguard / bracer = a protective covering for the wrist or arm that is used in archery and fencing and other sports
- cap = something serving as a cover or protection
- cloche = a low transparent cover put over young plants to protect them from cold
- coaster = a covering (plate or mat) that protects the surface of a table
- cold frame = protective covering consisting of a wooden frame with a glass top in which small plants are protected from the cold
- watch crystal / watch glass / crystal = a protective cover that protects the face of a watch
- dust cover = a removable plastic protective covering for a piece of equipment
- faceplate = a protective covering for the front of a machine or device
- cladding / facing = a protective covering that protects the outside of a building
- fall-board / fallboard = the hinged protective covering that protects the keyboard of a piano when it is not being played
- finger plate / escutcheon / scutcheon = a flat protective covering (on a door or wall etc) to prevent soiling by dirty fingers
- heat shield = a protective covering that protects a spacecraft from overheating on reentry
- cowling / bonnet / cowl / hood = protective covering consisting of a metal part that covers the engine
- housing = a protective cover designed to contain or support a mechanical component
- lamp shade / lampshade / shade = a protective ornamental covering for a lamp, used to screen a light bulb from direct view
- lining / liner = a protective covering that protects an inside surface
- mask = a protective covering worn over the face
- mulch = a protective covering of rotting vegetable matter spread to reduce evaporation and soil erosion
- roof = a protective covering that covers or forms the top of a building
- roof = protective covering on top of a motor vehicle
- screen = a protective covering consisting of netting
- shade = protective covering that protects something from direct sunlight
- sheath = a protective covering
- overlayer / sheathing / overlay = protective covering consisting, for example, of a layer of boards applied to the studs and joists of a building to strengthen it and serve as a foundation for a weatherproof exterior
- shelter = protective covering that provides protection from the weather
- shield = a protective covering or structure
- splashboard / dashboard / splasher = protective covering consisting of a panel to protect people from the splashing water or mud etc.
- splasher = a protective covering over or beside a wheel to protect the upper part of a vehicle from splashes of mud
- testudo = a movable protective covering that provided protection from above
- thumbstall = protective covering for an injured thumb
- toecap = a protective leather or steel cover for the toe of a boot or shoe, reinforcing or decorating it
- splashboard / washboard = protective covering consisting of a broad plank along a gunwale to keep water from splashing over the side
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Protective Cover
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Crossword Puzzle Dictionary (2015)
by Murali Mohan Hundigam
Protective accompaniment—escort Protective body covering—skin Protective case—sheath Protective charm—amulet, talisman Protective clothing—overall, bib Protective companion—escort Protective cover—hood Protective cover on boot ...
A group of electric conductors insulated from each other but contained in a common protective cover. cable cable assembly A cable and its accompanying connectors to be used specific purpose. cable ceiling heat A radiant heatingsystem ...
by Jonathon Green
a protective cover for theflame of a ...
by Scott Elias, Cary Mock
some lithologies haveexperienced disruption by frostaction since glacial downwastage, and on such lithologies, incipient blockfields or other types of frostweathered regolith may have probably earlier glacial maxima under a protective cover ...
Heinemann English Dictionary (2001)
by Martin Manser
Word Family sheathing noun a protective cover or sheath. sheath knife noun ( plural sheath knives) a knife having a ftxed blade fitting into a sheath. sheave verb to gather or bind into a sheaf or sheaves. sheaves the plural of sheaf. shed1 noun ...
by John Gunn
Protective cover is a relevant parameter, irrespective of rock type, but the other three parameters used in EPIK are of particular significance in karst areas. The assessed values for each parameter are mapped separately, rated, weighted and ...
by Martin Weik
single-channel single-fiber cable: A fiber optic cable that consists of a single optical fiber with buffers and strength members, all inside a protective cover, such as a jacket. See also fiber optic ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Protective Cover
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Protective Cover
Click on an item to view that photo:
Big DOB with protective cover
Photo credit: Dennis Recla
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos: