On this page:
- Definition of the adjective proto
- Definition of the noun proto
- Phrases with Proto
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Proto
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Proto
- Photos about Proto
- Video language resources about Proto
- Scrabble value of P3R1O1T1O1
- Anagrams of PROTO
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective proto
What does proto mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- indicating the first or earliest or original
Definition of the noun proto
What does proto mean as a name of something?
- Prototypical; preceding the proper beginning of something
- Proto: Stanley Proto—more commonly known simply as Proto and historically known as Plomb—is an American industrial hand tool company. It is a division of Stanley Black & Decker. The company is credited with creating the first combination wrench.
- official website: www.stanleyproto.com
- Proto is a record label.
Proto is a six-member progressive rock band, originally from Memphis, moved to Chattanooga early January 2003, after recording their first EP release with new label Torrent Records LLC. Shaun West and J. Mark Crider began Proto with Erik Berkes in 2002.
- genre: Progressive rock
- albums: "Proto", "The Alchemist"
Proto is a fictional character from the 2006 film Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society.
"Proto" is a video game.
- "Proto" is the second album by Irish musician Leo O'Kelly. It was originally planned for November 2002 but was released on February 4, 2003 by Clarinda & 1st. It contains a collection of previously unreleased tracks recorded from May 1975 to 2001.
- "Proto" is a musical album of Mumdance & Logos.
- released on
- "Proto": Proto is an album by progressive rock band Proto.
- released in (13 years ago)
- Proto is a national science magazine and website produced by Massachusetts General Hospital in collaboration with Time Inc. Content Solutions. The quarterly magazine was launched in 2005 and covers news in the field of biomedicine and health care, focusing on basic and clinical research, policy and technology. Recently featured topics include post-traumatic stress disorder, medical algorithms and medical devices. The magazine also includes interviews with major figures in the medical world and personal essays about patients’ experiences with health care. Articles from the magazine have been reprinted and cited in a number of well-known venues, including The Washington Post, and a Proto radio show was launched May 17, 2010, on ReachMD. Proto targets physicians, researchers, policymakers, health care leaders and others with an interest in science and health care.
- Proto is a make of automobile produced by Proto Motors.
Phrases with Proto
Phrases starting with the word Proto:
- Proto Pedata
Phrases ending with the word Proto:
View more phrases with the word Proto in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Proto
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by James Wylde
the word proto means first ; and the chemist expresses by it the fact that the iron in the salt is in the first state of oxidation. If the crystals thus obtained be dissolved in a little water, and some tincture of galls is added, no colour will be produced, ...
by Frank Humphreys Storer
proto. Deliquescent. Extremely soluble in N H, 0, Se 0, water, from which solution it is precipitated on the addition of alcohol. Perfectly insoluble in ether. (Muspratt, J. Ch. Soc, 2. 59.) II. ) bi. Permanent. Soluble in water.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Proto
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Proto
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Muschampia proto.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Proto
Click on an item to play that video:
- VS Centrifugal Proto Explanation
Initial Description of Shoe taken in April 2012. Pending testing, shoe is projected to be available for Track 2013.
- Proto Meaning
Video shows what proto means. Prototypical; preceding the proper beginning of something. proto pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary ...
- Linguist recreates proto indo European language
Ancient language not heard for 4000 years is recorded for the first time as linguists work out how English came about using ancient texts.
- Ancient Language Recreation Linguist Recreates Proto Indo European Language
Between approximately 4500 and 2500 B.C, the ancestors of much of Europe and Asia once spoke the same mother tongue, a language referred to as ...
- Proto (language Arts)
Its for Maria S. and Stephanies Language Atrs project (DHA)
- Proto about language selection
- BPMC Dead Language (Proto Demo)
See also the pronunciation examples of Proto!
Scrabble value of P3R1O1T1O1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PROTO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Proto!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Proto to see it in context!