The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun provision:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun provision
- Definition of the verb provision
- Phrases with Provision
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Provision
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Provision
- Photos about Provision
- Video language resources about Provision
- Quotes about Provision
- Scrabble value of P3R1O1V4I1S1I1O1N1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun provision
What does provision mean as a name of something?
Provision is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural: provisions
- a stipulated condition
- the activity of supplying or providing something
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of provision: supply / supplying
- more generic word: activity = any specific behavior
- more specific terms:
- irrigation = supplying dry land with water by means of ditches etc
- alimentation / feeding = the act of supplying food and nourishment
- refueling / fueling = the activity of supplying or taking on fuel
- health care delivery / healthcare delivery / care delivery = the provision of health care
- issuance / issuing / issue = the act of providing an item for general use or for official purposes
- logistics = handling an operation that involves providing labor and materials be supplied as needed
- purveyance = the act of supplying something
- stocking = the activity of supplying a stock of something
- subvention = the act or process of providing aid or help of any sort
- the cognitive process of thinking about what you will do in the event of something happening
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonyms of provision: planning / preparation
- more generic terms: cerebration / intellection / mentation / thinking / thought / thought process = the process of using your mind to consider something carefully
- more specific terms:
- arrangement / agreement = the thing arranged or agreed to
- applecart = the planning that is disrupted when someone `upsets the applecart'
- malice aforethought / mens rea = criminal intent; the thoughts and intentions behind a wrongful act
- deliberation / calculation = planning something carefully and intentionally
- premeditation / forethought = planning or plotting in advance of acting
- a store or supply of something (especially of food or clothing or arms)
Alternative definition of the noun provision
- An item of goods or supplies obtained for future use.
- Money set aside for a future event.
- [accounting] A liability or contra account to recognise likely future adverse events associated with current transactions.
- [legal] A clause in a legal instrument, a law, etc., providing for a particular matter; stipulation; proviso.
Definition of the verb provision
What does provision mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: provisioned | provisioning | provisions
- supply with provisions
Provision is an electronic music group based in Houston, Texas. Provision was founded in November 2000 by Breye Sevenex and Leslie Hyman.
- genres: Electronic music, Synthpop, Electronic body music, Progressive house, Electronic dance music
- albums: "Visualize", "Evaporate", "The Consequence", "Could've Had It All", "Ideal Warfare", "Paradigm Shift", "A New Revolution"
- official website: www.provision-musik.net
- "Provision" is the third album by the British pop group Scritti Politti, release in June 1988.
- "Provision" is a composition.
- "Provision" is a musical single of Front Line Assembly.
- released in (25 years ago)
- Provision: In financial accounting, a provision is an account which records a present liability of an entity to another entity. The recording of the liability affects both the current liability side of an entity's balance sheet as well as an appropriate expense account in the entity's income statement.
- also known as 撥備
- Provision: In United States government contracting, a provision or solicitation provision is a written term or condition used in a solicitation. A provision applies only before a contract is awarded to a vendor. This distinguishes provisions from clauses, which apply after contracts are awarded. Of means by which referring to the absolute security of one provision that it may be acceptable for ones job to be discriminated against the cort; providing the right evidence is given.
Phrases with Provision
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Provision
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Topics for New Believers by Witness Lee
The second provision is the Holy Spirit. Titus 3:5 speaks of the “renewing of the Holy Spirit.”...We are receiving the new supply of the Spirit daily to renew us metabolically....The third provision God gave us is our mingled spirit, our human spirit ...
by Bilson Kings
Glorious Provision is a reality.
Rights to Health Care (2007)
by Thomas J. Bole III, W.B. Bondeson
While the “community service” provision means that the hospital cannot discriminate against whole groups of people who reside in the community, for instance Medicaid recipients, it does not mean that any individual, even one with great need ...
by S. David Promislow
A common provision is a guaranteed minimum death benefit, whereby the account holder is promised a certain minimum...
A Global Perspective by Hervé Stolowy, Michel Lebas
A provision is an estimation of the future probable cost created by an uncertain or risky situation (see Chapter 12). A provision allows the recognition of an...
A provision is a cost or reduction in shareholders' equity. In order to keep the balance ...
Congressional Record (1916)
Proceedings and Debates of the ... Congress by United States. Congress
The second provision is that if the dam owners want to make investments out of profits, as every big company does, they shall issue scrip for that. We all know that the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad Co. was limited to 10 per cent ...
A Commentary by Hermann-Josef Blanke, Stelio Mangiameli
This Treaty provision is a way to apply, in the area of external and security policy, the obligation ...
Policy and Practice by Annette Hayton, Anna Paczuska
More dramatically, as is argued by Ainley et al in Chapter 5, lifting the MASN provision means the overall selectivity of higher education will remain unchallenged. The MASN is the maximum number of students set by the Council for each ...
in the convention shall be by voice vote, and we have concluded that because of the very size of this delegate body that we could not very well take a voice vote; and, therefore, the second provision is the provision we will operate under.
Bridewealth and Dowry (1973)
by Jack Goody, S. J. Tambiah
What we note in the above provision is that in widow remarriage, while daughters by different husbands ...
June, 2004 NORTH AMERICAN FREE TRADE AGREEMENT accumulation provision NORTH AMERICAN FREE TRADE AGREEMENT Introduction Headquarters Rulings: accumulation provision The producer manufactures a good from ...
by David E. Marcinko, MBA, CFP, CMP
RECURRENT DISABILITY PROVISION REBATING: Granting any form of inducement, favor, or advantage to the purchaser of an insurance policy that is not available to all under the standard policy terms. Rebating in some states is a ...
by Shatrughna P. Sinha
Rural Transport, Service Provision and Deprivation Change in rural transport is not only the key to many of the changes outlined but it is also a central connecting factor linking service provision and rural deprivation. At the outset however, ...
Language Policy and Political Issues in Education by Ruth Wodak, P. Corson
Special language provision was made also for Polish ex-soldiers who after the second world war refused to return to a Communist occupied country. This provision was made under the Polish Resettlement Act 1947 (Tosi 1988). Similarly ...
by Michael Byram, Adelheid Hu
From the range of education policies that exist it is possible to identify five different approaches to education provision for teaching mother tongue. They are ordered here by the degree of commitment demonstrated to the concept, and range ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Provision
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Provision
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Carlos Gracia
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Provision
Click on an item to play that video:
- Provision Meaning
Video shows what provision means. An item of goods or supplies, especially food, obtained for future use.. The act of providing, or making previous preparation.
- Definition of India as per Service Tax provision (Not relevant w.e.f 1-7-2012)
This is last part of S 64 of FA 1994 with past IPCC papers with solutions. For many other videos...
- Provision and the definition of iPhone 5s
Provision and the definition of iPhone 5s.
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Provision of language courses
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Provision of services to the community
- Jesus, God's provision for man Gola: Deng People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Jesus, God's provision for man Gola: Deng People/Language Movie Trailer c64163 [c64163t] Other names for this language are: De; Deng; Todii This ...
- Language Provision Trip - Broom House Farm - Pigs
- Language Provision Trip - Broom House Farm - Shepherd At Work
- Language Provision Trip - Broom House Farm - Tia The Sheep Dog
- Language Provision Trip - Broom House Farm - Butcher Making Sausage
- The Korban Provision - Uighur Language Film
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Provision of language courses
See also the pronunciation examples of Provision!
Quotes about Provision
Scrabble value of P3R1O1V4I1S1I1O1N1
The value of this 9-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Provision to see it in context!