On this page:
- Definition of the noun publisher
- Phrases with Publisher
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Publisher
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Publisher
- Photos about Publisher
- Video language resources about Publisher
- Quotes about Publisher
- Scrabble value of P3U1B3L1I1S1H4E1R1
- Anagrams of PUBLISHER
- Share this page
Publisher is a member of the word family publish, included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun publisher
What does publisher mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: publishers
- a firm in the publishing business
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonyms of publisher: publishing company / publishing firm / publishing house
- more generic terms: business firm / firm / house = the members of a business organization that owns or operates one or more establishments
- more specific terms:
- a person engaged in publishing periodicals or books or music
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- more generic terms: professional / professional person = a person engaged in one of the learned professions
- Karl Baedeker / Baedeker = German publisher of a series of travel guidebooks
- John Bartlett / Bartlett = United States publisher and editor who compiled a book of familiar quotations
- Henry Oscar Houghton / Houghton = United States publisher who founded a printing shop that became an important book publisher
- Henry Robinson Luce / Henry Luce / Luce = United States publisher of magazines
- Keith Rupert Murdoch / Rupert Murdoch / Murdoch = United States publisher
- Adolph Simon Ochs / Ochs = United States newspaper publisher
- the proprietor of a newspaper
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of publisher: newspaper publisher
- more generic words: owner / proprietor = someone who owns (is legal possessor of) a business
- more specific term: press lord = a powerful newspaper proprietor
- William Maxwell Aitken / 1st Baron Beaverbrook / Beaverbrook = British newspaper publisher and politician
- Alfred Charles William Harmsworth / Viscount Northcliffe / Harmsworth = British newspaper publisher
- Benjamin Harris / Harris = publisher of the first newspaper printed in America
- William Randolph Hearst / Hearst = United States newspaper publisher whose introduction of large headlines and sensational reporting changed American journalism
- Joseph Pulitzer / Pulitzer = United States newspaper publisher (born in Hungary) who established the Pulitzer prizes
- James Edmund Scripps / Scripps = United States newspaper publisher and half-brother of Edward Wyllis Scripps
- Edward Wyllis Scripps / Scripps = United States newspaper publisher who founded an important press association
Alternative definition of the noun publisher
- One who publishes, especially books.
- Publisher is a fictional character from the 1981 film Tales of Ordinary Madness.
- Publisher is a fictional character from the 2005 film Shabd.
"Publisher" is a book by Tom Maschler.
- genres: Biography, Reference, Autobiography
- subjects: Great Britain, Publishing, Literary, History, 20th century
- Publisher is a profession, editor title.
- Publisher: The company that publishes the periodical.
- The publisher or imprint that published this edition.
- The publisher that this is, or was, an imprint of.
- Publisher: The version-specific publisher.
- publisher: An entity responsible for making the resource available.
Phrases with Publisher
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Publisher
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Richard Wentk
4, Podcast Publisher is an improved and updated capture and distribution supplied with OS X Lion. It can record from a camcorder or webcam or from your Mac's screen. You can apply top and tail editing, and then distribute ...
by Thornton Gale, Marty Gale
Microsoft Publisher (Recommended) Microsoft Publisher is a consumer-level desktop publishing application normally used...
The single greatest advantage of Microsoft Publisher is that it has a true WYSIWYG authoring environment in which ...
Rock Your College (2012)
How to Start and Run A College or University-Based Music Business Entity by Marcy Rauer Wagman
A publisher is a person or entity that acquires copyright interests in songs for the purposes of exploitation of those songs to music users...
by Geoff Evelyn, John Pierce
A publisher is an individual or a company that develops a database that contains content such as a macro or an ActiveX control. As a step you take in enabling the content in these databases, you can designate the person or organization as a ...
Digital Literacy For Dummies (2014)
by Faithe Wempen
Figure 10-31: Microsoft Publisher is a basic desktop publishing program. it can be placed exactly where you want it. A desktop publishing application will also have more typography control features and can create files that you can send to ...
The Direc- address: tor of the DAU Press is Greg Caruth; the DEFENSE ACQUISITION UNIVERSITY Managing Editor is Collie Johnson; and the ATTN DAU PRESS publisher is the Defense Acquisition Univer- 9820 BELVOIR RDSTE3 FT ...
by Armand Spitz, Frank Gaynor
publisher of Astronomical Glossary by M. O'Neill Barritt. Philosophical Library, Inc., New York, N.Y., publisher of Galactic Nebulae and Interstellar Matter by J. Dufay; Concise History of Astronomy ...
by Philip G. Altbach, Edith S. Hoshino
Understandably, whatever publisher promotion and exposure are required for scientific works should be done as early as possible in the publication process.
A Library of Universal Knowledge and an Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language ...
The jobber is the mid-llG-lluln who orders books in large quantities from the publisher and distributes them to the retail booksellers throughout the country. T rade-sales, at which new publications and standard works are sold at auction in lots ...
by Denise Tiran
of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
by Matthew S. DeMoss, J. Edward Miller
Publisher. Founded in 1931, Grand Rapids, Michigan-based Zondervan, a division of HarperCollinsPublishers, is the leading international Christian communications company, producing best-selling Bibles, books, new media products, ...
The Hippie Dictionary (2004)
A Cultural Encyclopedia (And Phraseicon) of the 1960s and 1970s by Joan Jeffers McCleary
Toad, Griffy, and Zippie the Pinhead Rick Griffin (artist/writer/publisher) Zap, Snatch, Bill Graham Productions, and Family Dog posters Doug Hansen lanist/ writer) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Publisher
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Publisher
Click on an item to view that photo:
City Lights bookstore & publisher
Photo credit: Jason Riedy
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Publisher
Click on an item to play that video:
- Vanity publisher Meaning
Video shows what vanity publisher means. A vanity press.. Vanity publisher Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say vanity publisher.
- Publisher Meaning
Video shows what publisher means. One who publishes, especially books.. Publisher Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- 140822 164923--Explanation of new publisher attempt. (Aug. 22, 2014).
- XML Publisher Multi Language Report in ORACLE Applications R12
XML Publisher Multi Language Report in ORACLE Applications R12 Powered by K-ONLINES.COM KUNCHAM Online IT Training is one of the leading IT ...
- Publisher's Club Language Thread
View more videos about Desktop Publisher.
See also the pronunciation examples of Publisher!
Quotes about Publisher
The publisher has told - you know, if these editors, Andres Martinez and Nick Goldberg, were the least bit honest about this, they would tell you the publisher has told them he wants the editorial page to be conservative. (Robert Scheer)
more quotes about publisher...
Scrabble value of P3U1B3L1I1S1H4E1R1
The value of this 9-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PUBLISHER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- BRUSH PILE
See also the blanagrams of Publisher!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Publisher to see it in context!