The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun puppy:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun puppy
- Phrases with Puppy
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Puppy
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Puppy
- Photos about Puppy
- Video language resources about Puppy
- Sign language
- Quotes about Puppy
- Scrabble value of P3U1P3P3Y4
- Share this page
The word puppy is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun puppy
What does puppy mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: puppies
- a young dog
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- more generic terms: pup / whelp = young of any of various canines such as a dog or wolf; Canis familiaris / dog / domestic dog = a member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times
- an inexperienced young person
Alternative definition of the noun puppy
- A young dog.
- A young rat.
- synonym: pup
- A young seal.
- [slang, usually, in plural] A woman’s breast.
- [informal] A (generic) thing; particularly something that is a nuisance; a sucker.
- Puppy a.k.a. Sridevi Kapoor, known as Sridevi is an Indian film actress who has worked in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam and a few Kannada films. She is cited as the first female superstar of Hindi Cinema.
- read more about Sridevi (actress)
- Puppy a.k.a. Patrick Thomas is an American actor and voice actor. Thomas has had roles in several different TV shows and movies. He has also done voice acting. He also goes by the aliases Pat Thomas, Puppy Thomas, and Courtney Burr.
- read more about Patrick Thomas (actor)
- Puppy a.k.a. Chad McKnight is an actor.
- read more about Chad McKnight (actor)
- The Puppy is a fictional character in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. He appears in the chapter "The Rabbit Sends a Little Bill".
- Puppy is a fictional film character.
- Puppy a.k.a. Dinah Dog is a fictional character from the 1967 film Jack and the Witch.
- read more about Dinah Dog
- Puppy is a fictional character from the 2010 film Orange.
- Puppy is a fictional film character.
- Puppy is a fictional character from the 2002 film Vivaramana Aalu.
- Puppy is a fictional character from the 2000 film 102 Dalmatians.
There are other characters with in their name, like Bubble Puppy.
- "Puppy" is an independent Australian feature film starring Nadia Townsend, Bernard Curry, Sally Bull, and Terence Donovan. The film was written and directed by Irish-born, Australian Kieran Galvin, who also directed the short films: The Burning Boy, Mono-Winged Angel, Contact and Other People. He also wrote the exploitational thriller Feed, both Puppy and Feed were produced by Melissa Beauford.
- country: Australia
- language: English Language
- producers: Melissa Beauford & Kieran Galvin
- executive producer: Alex Springer
- production design by Jessamy Llewelyn
- art direction by Kirsten Mcalpine
- written by Kieran Galvin
- Bernard Curry as Aiden
- Zac Richmond as Mikey
- Nadia Townsend as Liz
- Terence Donovan as Dr. Holden
- Susan Ellis as Helen
- Sally Bull as Jackie
- Peter Barron as Dan
- Deniz Akdeniz as Omar
- Richie Akers as Dr. Wicklow
- Gregory Ross as Robert
- Brenda Palmer as Maggie
- Andy McPhee as Police Officer
- Leslie Toth as Max
- Teague Rook as Detective Harper
- Ian McMillan as Detective Reece
- cinematography by Tom Gleeson
- edited by Mark Atkin
- music by Karel Segers
- genres: Comedy, Romance Film, Thriller, Drama
- released in (11 years ago)
- official website: www.kierangalvin.com
- "Puppy" is a film.
- country: China
- language: Standard Chinese
- genres: World cinema, Chinese Movies
- released in (8 years ago)
Phrases with Puppy
Phrases starting with the word Puppy:
Phrases ending with the word Puppy:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Puppy
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Karl Raimund Popper
that 'A puppy is a vain, empty-headed, impertinent...
A Gay Man's Guide to Dogs by Andrew De Prisco
Buying a puppy is the grand dame of shopping experiences. You are not headed to the outlet mall with your AmEx card. Why start buying...
An Introduction to Ethics (1966)
by William Lillie
THE USE OF LANGUAGE ' Expressions may be grammatically similar and yet logically different'2 The sentence, 'A puppy is a young dog', is similar in grammatical construction to the sentence, ...
We're Having A Puppy! (2014)
From the Big Decision Through the Crucial First Year by Eric Swanson
Choosing a puppy is a lot of fun, but it's also an important decision. This unique guide shows you how to select the breed which most perfectly matches your personality and environment.
The American Archaeologist (1897)
A fat young puppy is the chief of all ...
by John Henry Walsh
Little can be done for this in the way of Treatment, and the destruction of the puppy is the best plan of proceeding. In rickets, however, a great change sometimes takes place, and the bending of the limbs or the enlnrgement of the joints ...
Symbols, Signs, and Meanings by J.M. DeBord
See also: Addict, Doctor, Emotions, Hospital, Individuation, Insane, Pain, Psyche, Rescue, Talk, Unconscious Mind Psychopomp—See: Jesus Puke—See: Vomit Punch—See: Fist Pupil—See: Eyes, Student Puppy—Dogs are companions and ...
The Ben Jonson Encyclopedia (2016)
by D. Heyward Brock, Maria Palacas
In the meantime, at Turfe's house the following characters are gathered: Clench, a farrier and petty constable; In-and-In Medlay, a cooper; Scriben, a writer; Pan, a tinker; Puppy, the high constable's man; and Turfe. They all discuss the ...
by Bob Leszczak
Puppy record label. We passed the audition with flying colors, but there was one problem—the Tokens didn't like our name. They thought the Four Graduates ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Puppy
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Puppy
Click on an item to view that photo:
Little puppy face taken in the park.
Photo credit: tintedglass
Photo credit: surtr
Photo credit: DennisInAmsterdam
Flower sculpture by Jeff Koons. At Guggenheim Museum, Bilbao.
Photo credit: rvr
Photo credit: celesteh
A cute little puppy that someone brought into the university.
Photo credit: Neil T
Photo credit: ChodHound
Photo credit: zolakoma
Photo credit: N1NJ4
Photo credit: cortneymartin82
Photo credit: shioshvili
Photo credit: Lauri Väin
Puppy peeking out from under a blanket
Photo credit: rogerajohnson
Photo credit: jonkriz
One way to be popular at a party: bring a puppy.
Photo credit: icathing
Photo credit: kahumphrey
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Puppy
Click on an item to play that video:
- Puppy Meaning
Video shows what puppy means. A young dog, usually cute and playful.. A young rat.. A young seal.. puppy synonyms: dogling, pup, whelp, pup, ...
- Puppy Linux Find your files with Terminology or Terminal.
A brief show of the power of the dog that wont go away :), use the terminal find command to find your files and folders. # find / -name chromium.
- Vlog:Puppy!!!! & Explanation
- Crushing Puppy Definition and Pronunciation
- Corgi puppy finds the meaning to life
- Don't Shoot the Puppy Explanation/ Sort of Tutorial
- A New Meaning For Puppy Kisses
- Explanation for no video aka Being a Good Puppy Daddy.
- This Adorable Dominican Puppy Knows the Meaning of Lent and Easter
- New meaning for "puppy chow" Roberto cooks a dog
- Puppy Breath & Norcal Slang
- English Podcast poetry Vocabulary-- Life of a Puppy
- Definition of the puppy eye
- Mijn puppy aan het spelen met de slang
Schattig en grappig.
- Reading your puppy's body language
Dogs have always communicated with each other by using body language.
- Puppy Pitbull eating wet dog food :)(description)
- Puppy Barrel & Jump Practice - SLO MO, same body language
- Resource Guarding body language in puppy
- -AKP48- Cute and Adorable puppy dancing for English language people.
AKP48 is puppy unit talent. They are really good at dancing. You can enjoy and watch their dancing. And they are also singing, this scean is also good for ...
- Puppy Barrel Practice - flow, body language, speed
- Puppy Noun
- Puppy Barrel Racing SLO MO - Handler & Puppy Body Language
- Kid's Social Story for Speech and Language Puppy Puppets "Follow The Rules" (2nd)
Puppies learn to mind their own business regarding other puppies' behavior. They discover that they should let the teacher tell the group what to do. Puppy ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Puppy!
Click on an item to play that video:
- Puppy sign language
- Train puppy sign language tricks - YouTube video
- Lab puppy understands sign language
Lab x Kelpie, cutest mix ever!!
- Oliver deaf Great Dane puppy practicing sign language (tricks)
via YouTube Capture.
- Sign Language Puppy
This is a dog who helps deaf people. Looks like he's learning some new tricks.
Quotes about Puppy
Play wid puppy, Puppy lick yu mouth.
more quotes about puppy...
Scrabble value of P3U1P3P3Y4
The value of this 5-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Puppy to see it in context!