Definition of the noun ragi
What does ragi mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: ragis
- East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Cynodon coracanus / species Cynodon coracanus / Cynosurus coracanus / species Cynosurus coracanus / Eleusine cerealis / species Eleusine cerealis / Eleusine coracana stricta / variety Eleusine coracana stricta / Eleusine coracana tocussa / variety Eleusine coracana tocussa / Eleusine dagussa / species Eleusine dagussa / Eleusine indica coracana / subspecies Eleusine indica coracana / variety Eleusine indica coracana / Eleusine indica stricta / variety Eleusine indica stricta / Eleusine luco / species Eleusine luco / Eleusine ovalis / species Eleusine ovalis / Eleusine pilosa / species Eleusine pilosa / Eleusine reniformis / species Eleusine reniformis / Eleusine sphaerosperma / species Eleusine sphaerosperma / Eleusine tocussa / species Eleusine tocussa / Eleusine tocussa erytroleuca / variety Eleusine tocussa erytroleuca / Eleusine tocussa erytromelana / variety Eleusine tocussa erytromelana / Eleusine tocussa flavocarpa / variety Eleusine tocussa flavocarpa / Eleusine tocussa leucocarpa / variety Eleusine tocussa leucocarpa / Eleusine tocussa melanocarpa / variety Eleusine tocussa melanocarpa / Eleusine tocussa olivacea / variety Eleusine tocussa olivacea / Eleusine coracana
- synonyms of ragi: African millet / coracan / corakan / finger millet / kurakkan / ragee
- more generic word: millet = any of various small-grained annual cereal and forage grasses of the genera Panicum, Echinochloa, Setaria, Sorghum, and Eleusine
- member of: Eleusine / genus Eleusine = annual and perennial grasses of savannas and upland grasslands
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Who is ragi?
Ragi is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Ragi (actor)
Ragi: A ragi is a person at a Sikh gurudwara who can chant hymn shabads in different ragas as prescribed as in Sri Guru Granth Sahib. There are 31 ragas included in Shri Guru Granth Sahib.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for ragi
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Princely India Re-imagined (2013)
A Historical Anthropology of Mysore from 1799 to the present by Aya Ikegame
Ragi is a kind of dark-coloured millet, which even now is widely consumed in rural areas in southern Karnataka.
by Ratna Rajaiah
Ragi is a hardy crop that can grow with little water and little help from fertilizers. ~ The Defence Food Research Laboratory of India (under the aegis of the Defence Research and Development Organization) has developed ragi-based ...
Mysore in general (1897)
by Benjamin Lewis Rice
Jola — next to ragi is the most considerable dry crop. In the south it is often sown for fodder; for, when the crop is not uncommonly good, the grain is no object. It is cut and given. 1 The following is Professor Church's analysis of avare beans ...
Ragi is a rainfed kharif crop. It is sown in May and August and harvested between September and January. Ragi is mainly grown in the drier parts of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. • 4. Maize It is a kharif crop. One of the most important crops with ...
Food is your Medicine (2014)
by Dr. Jitendra Arya
Food value: Ragi is a rich source of Calcium, Iron, Protein, Fiber and other minerals. The cereal has low fat content and contains mainly unsaturated fat. It is easy to digest and does not contain gluten; people who are sensitive to gluten can ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology - 3 Volume Set by Umberto Quattrocchi
in English: Indian millet, African millet, finger millet, African finger millet, millet, raagi, ragi, ragi millet, black millet, tamba millet, poko grass, rapoko grass, kurrakan millet, koracan millet, korakan, kurkan in French: eleusine, coracan, ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
Gaertner English: Indian millet, African millet, finger millet, African finger millet, millet, coracan, kurakkan, korakan , dagussa, gagussa, garindi, poko grass, rapoko grass, ragi India: ragi, ragi millet, ...
by Norbert Shadeg
ragi. puwikpuwik-an intrans refuse to speak to each other, be in a huff with each other. puwuk intrans (muwuk trans) collide with, run into; be soaked with rain. puyeng intrans be dizzy, giddy, heavy in the head (pengeng, langu L); L n ...
by Jonathan Rigg
Ragi, a native preparation made of rice flour, onions, sugar and some other trifies of spicery, which acts as a yeast or ferment in preparing 'l'apai, which see, used only on occasions of native festivities. Raga, C. 589, lust, passion, affection, ...
by I. C. Gupta, S. K. Gupta
leucostylum See ragi helmin- thosporium leaf blight. — nodulosum See ragi helmin- thosporium leaf blight. — oryzae See rice brown eye spot. — saccharl See sugarcane leaf spot. — satlvum See barley foot rot and root rot. — sigmoideum var.
An Introduction to Austronesian Studies by Darrell T. Tryon
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for ragi
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about ragi
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: indi.ca
- Ragi Plant
Series of Ragi Plants r Grown fr Eating And for Many Purposes
Photo credit: Vishruth Harithsa
- Dendeng Ragi
Traditional Indonesian food from Java made from stampped beef and shredded coconut.
Photo credit: zoyachubby
- Ragi farm
Tinakal, Chintamani, KOLAR
Photo credit: lakshmansrikanth
- Naz and Ragi
Photo credit: indi.ca
- Bhai Avtaar Singh Ragi
Photo credit: KaurArt.com
- Bhai Avtaar Singh Ragi and Jatha
Photo credit: KaurArt.com
- Ragi Pop - an interesting product idea
Photo credit: ahminotep
- The Ragi & Mustard Forest with animals :)
Photo credit: sudhi_11in
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of R1A1G2I1
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of RAGI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of ragi!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of ragi to find many related words and phrases!