On this page:
Definition of the noun ragi
What does ragi mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: ragis
- East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Cynodon coracanus / species Cynodon coracanus / Cynosurus coracanus / species Cynosurus coracanus / Eleusine cerealis / species Eleusine cerealis / Eleusine coracana alba / variety Eleusine coracana alba / Eleusine coracana atra / variety Eleusine coracana atra / Eleusine coracana fusca / variety Eleusine coracana fusca / Eleusine coracana stricta / variety Eleusine coracana stricta / Eleusine coracana tocussa / variety Eleusine coracana tocussa / Eleusine dagussa / species Eleusine dagussa / Eleusine indica coracana / subspecies Eleusine indica coracana / variety Eleusine indica coracana / Eleusine indica stricta / variety Eleusine indica stricta / Eleusine luco / species Eleusine luco / Eleusine ovalis / species Eleusine ovalis / Eleusine pilosa / species Eleusine pilosa / Eleusine reniformis / species Eleusine reniformis / Eleusine rigida / species Eleusine rigida / Eleusine sphaerosperma / species Eleusine sphaerosperma / Eleusine stricta / species Eleusine stricta / Eleusine stricta alboabbreviata / variety Eleusine stricta alboabbreviata / Eleusine stricta alboelongata / variety Eleusine stricta alboelongata / Eleusine stricta fuscoabbreviata / variety Eleusine stricta fuscoabbreviata / Eleusine stricta fuscoelongata / variety Eleusine stricta fuscoelongata / Eleusine stricta rufoabbreviata / variety Eleusine stricta rufoabbreviata / Eleusine stricta rufoelongata / variety Eleusine stricta rufoelongata / Eleusine tocussa / species Eleusine tocussa / Eleusine tocussa erytroleuca / variety Eleusine tocussa erytroleuca / Eleusine tocussa erytromelana / variety Eleusine tocussa erytromelana / Eleusine tocussa flavocarpa / variety Eleusine tocussa flavocarpa / Eleusine tocussa leucocarpa / variety Eleusine tocussa leucocarpa / Eleusine tocussa melanocarpa / variety Eleusine tocussa melanocarpa / Eleusine tocussa olivacea / variety Eleusine tocussa olivacea / Eleusine coracana
- synonyms of ragi: African millet / coracan / corakan / finger millet / kurakkan / ragee
- more generic word: millet = any of various small-grained annual cereal and forage grasses of the genera Panicum, Echinochloa, Setaria, Sorghum, and Eleusine
- member of: Eleusine / genus Eleusine = annual and perennial grasses of savannas and upland grasslands
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Who is Ragi?
Ragi is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Ragi (actor)
Ragi: A ragi is a person at a Sikh gurudwara who can chant hymn shabads in different ragas as prescribed as in Sri Guru Granth Sahib. There are 31 ragas included in Shri Guru Granth Sahib.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ragi
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Princely India Re-imagined (2013)
A Historical Anthropology of Mysore from 1799 to the present by Aya Ikegame
Ragi is a kind of dark-coloured millet, which even now is widely consumed in rural areas in southern Karnataka.
Since ragi is the most important ...
by Dr Malti Malik, Dinesh Bhatt, D R Khullar, Dr S K Jha, Anita Jain, Mala Aggarwal
Ragi is a millet rich in iron, calcium and other micronutrients and roughage. It grows well on red, black, sandy, loamy and shallow black soils.
Food is your Medicine (2014)
by Dr. Jitendra Arya
Food value: Ragi is a rich source of Calcium, Iron, Protein, Fiber and other minerals. The cereal has low fat content and contains mainly unsaturated fat. It is easy to digest and does not contain gluten; people who are sensitive to gluten can ...
Inside the Narendra Modi model of governance by Uday Mahurkar
Ragi is a kind of millet rich in calcium and iron which grows only in Dang and Valsad districts in South Gujarat but can be very useful in arresting malnutrition. Its production remains restricted due to the lack of initiative. On the other hand, the ...
Mysore, by districts (1897)
by Benjamin Lewis Rice
Ragi is the staple crop.
by India. Department of Finance and Commerce
Ragi is an exception only as regards the degree of fluctuation, the rise and fall being greater than in the case of other food-grains. This grain is produced on a relatively small area confined mainly to the Nizamfs territory and the northern and ...
Ragi is an exception only as regards the degree of fluctuation, the riBe and fall being greater than in the case of other food-grains. This grain is produced on a relatively small area confined mainly to the Nizam's territory and the northern and ...
Parliamentary Papers (1894)
by Great Britain. Parliament. House of Commons
Ragi is an exception only as regards the degree of fluctuation, tho rise and fall being greater than in the case of oilier food-grains. This grain is produced on a relatively small area confined mainly to the Nizam's territory and the northern and ...
by V. N. Nigam
Ragi is an important Khan t crop in Peninsular India, where the rainfall is less. It is sown in May-August and harvested in October-November. It is often grown with other Kharif crops that do not require too much moisture in the soil. It is grown ...
Report of the Commission Appointed to Inquire Into the Indian Currency Commonly Known as the Herschell Report on the Coinage of Silver in India, with the Accompanying Correspondence and Testimony (1893)
Resolved by the Senate (the House of Representatives Concurring), That There be Printed and Bound in Cloth 6,000 Copies of the Report of the Commission Appointed to Inquire Into the Indian Currency, Commonly Known as the "Herschell Report on the Coinage of Silver in India," with the Accompanying Correspondence and Testimony, of which Number 2,000 Shall be for the Use of the Senate and 4,000 for the Use of the House
Ragi is an exception only as regards the degree of fluctuation, the rise and fall being greater than in the case of other food-grains. This grain is produced on a relatively small area confined mainly to the N izam's territory and the northern and ...
Various Census of India (1881)
Ragi is a singularly delicate plant to bo so completely the staple crop of the country. Sown usually late in June or early in July (though both the sowing time and the maturity are earlier in the western than in the eastern districts), after the heavy ...
Compiled for Government by Mysore (India : State). Secretary to the Government
Ragi is a singularly delicate plant to be so completely the staple crop of the country. Sewn usually late in June or early in July (though both the sewing time and the maturity are earlier in the western than in the eastern districts), after the heavy ...
From Elvish to Klingon, The Anwa, Reella, Ealray, Yeht (Real) Origins of Invented Lexicons by Stephen D Rogers
(see Ragi) Deep Wizardry (1985) (see The Speech) Defender (2001) (see Ragi) Delany, Samuel R.
An Introduction to Austronesian Studies by Darrell T. Tryon
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology - 3 Volume Set by Umberto Quattrocchi
in English: Indian millet, African millet, finger millet, African finger millet, millet, raagi, ragi, ragi millet, black millet, tamba millet, poko grass, rapoko grass, kurrakan millet, koracan millet, korakan, kurkan in French: eleusine, coracan, ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
Gaertner English: Indian millet, African millet, finger millet, African finger millet, millet, coracan, kurakkan, korakan , dagussa, gagussa, garindi, poko grass, rapoko grass, ragi India: ragi, ragi millet, ...
by Norbert Shadeg
ragi. puwikpuwik-an intrans refuse to speak to each other, be in a huff with each other. puwuk intrans (muwuk trans) collide with, run into; be soaked with rain. puyeng intrans be dizzy, giddy, heavy in the head (pengeng, langu L); L n vertigo , ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ragi
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ragi
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: indi.ca
- Ragi farm
Tinakal, Chintamani, KOLAR
Photo credit: lakshmansrikanth
- Yum. Ragi balls and curry
(cc) Shashi Bellamkonda...
Photo credit: ShashiBellamkonda
- Dendeng Ragi
Traditional Indonesian food from Java made from stampped beef and shredded coconut.
Photo credit: zoyachubby
- Naz and Ragi
Photo credit: indi.ca
- Ragi Plant
Series of Ragi Plants r Grown fr Eating And for Many Purposes
Photo credit: Vishruth Harithsa
- Bhai Avtaar Singh Ragi
Photo credit: KaurArt.com
- Bhai Avtaar Singh Ragi and Jatha
Photo credit: KaurArt.com
- The Ragi & Mustard Forest with animals :)
Photo credit: sudhi_11in
- Ragi Pop - an interesting product idea
Photo credit: ahminotep
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Ragi
Maha kaal kaalika actual meaning...Ragi Darshan knows nothing.....
Very good explaination of Mahakal by a Son of Sree Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj Adi Granth Sri Guru Granth Sahib gurbani should be taken as base ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Ragi!
Quotes about Ragi
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'ragi"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of R1A1G2I1
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of RAGI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ragi!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Ragi to find many related words and phrases!