Definition of the noun ragi
What does ragi mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: ragis
- East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient
- geographic area: North America
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Eleusine coracana
- synonyms of ragi: African millet / coracan / corakan / finger millet / kurakkan / ragee
- more generic word: millet = any of various small-grained annual cereal and forage grasses of the genera Panicum, Echinochloa, Setaria, Sorghum, and Eleusine
- member of: Eleusine / genus Eleusine = annual and perennial grasses of savannas and upland grasslands
Ragi is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Ragi (actor)
Ragi: A ragi at a Sikh gurudwara is a person who can sing shabads in different ragas as prescribed as in Sri Guru Granth Sahib. There are 31 ragas included in Shri Guru Granth Sahib. Unfortunately, today very few Ragis know even any one of the Ragas completely. The trend of singing Shabads on a Flim-song-styled tune is continuing after the fast emergence of Bollywood Music from 1940 onwards.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for ragi
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Ratna Rajaiah
Ragi is a hardy crop that can grow with little water and little help from fertilizers. ~ The Defence Food Research Laboratory of India (under the aegis of the Defence Research and Development Organization) has developed ragi-based ...
Food: Facts And Principles (2001)
by N. Shakuntala O. Manay
Uses: Ragi is the principal food grain of the rural population in India, especially in the Southern Region. It is usually converted...
Princely India Re-imagined (2013)
A Historical Anthropology of Mysore from 1799 to the present by Aya Ikegame
Ragi is a kind of dark-coloured millet, which even now is widely consumed in rural areas in southern Karnataka.
Ragi is a rainfed kharif crop. It is sown in May and August and harvested between September and January. Ragi is mainly grown in the drier parts of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. • 4. Maize It is a kharif crop. One of the most important crops with ...
Encyclopaedia of Brewing (2013)
In addition, an alcoholic beverage form also exists which is made from steamed glutinous rice and a starter (called ragi) which contains rice and a mixture of moulds, yeasts and bacteria. The process of manufacture is reminiscent of saké and ...
by P. K. Jalan
Cereals, for which CACP recommends MSPs, are: paddy, wheat, jowar, bajra, maize, ragi and barley. It also recommends prices for four pulses: gram, arhar, moong and urad; seven oilseeds, namely, groundnut, sunflower, soyabean, ...
by W. H. McLeod
RAGI. A professional singer of kirtan. Normally employed by a guru dwara, ragis are also available for singing kirtan at private functions. RAG-MALA. The list of rags at the very end of the Adi Granth (pp. 1429-30). Because of its apparent ...
by Scott Elias, Cary Mock
_ _ Thaiegstigérraflmra ragi EN'IQDGJS maern _ Fm mac- psi: ...
by K.R. Gupta & Amita Gupta
Major crops cultivated here are paddy, jowar, bajra, ragi, maize, millets, tobacco, pulses, castor, and sugarcane. Paddy is the main foodgrain and staple food of the state which contributes about 77 per cent of the foodgrain production. Andhra ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for ragi
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about ragi
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: indi.ca
- Dendeng Ragi
Traditional Indonesian food from Java made from stampped beef and shredded coconut.
Photo credit: zoyachubby
- Bhai Avtaar Singh Ragi
Photo credit: KaurArt.com
- Bhai Avtaar Singh Ragi and Jatha
Photo credit: KaurArt.com
- Ragi farm
Tinakal, Chintamani, KOLAR
Photo credit: lakshmansrikanth
- Naz and Ragi
Photo credit: indi.ca
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about ragi
Click on an item to play that video:
- Maha kaal kaalika actual meaning...Ragi Darshan knows nothing.....
Very good explaination of Mahakal by a Son of Sree Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj Adi Granth Sri Guru Granth Sahib gurbani should be taken as base reference fo...
- Ragi Poori Recipe | Mallika Badrinath Recipes | Kezhvaragu Puffed Bread | Calcium Rich
- Shiromani Ragi Bhai Balbir Singh Ji - Fateh Divas Lal Qila (Red Fort) Delhi (8th Mar'14)
- Shabad Kirtan - Bhai Kamaljeet Singh Hazoori Ragi Sri Darbar Sahib, Amritsar
- Shiromani Ragi Bhai Harjinder Singh Ji - Gurdwara Dukh Niwaran Sahib, Ludhiana (2013)
- Shiromani Ragi Bhai Balbir Singh Ji Rare Recording 1982
Sant Jarnail singh Bhindrawalle , Sant Longowal , Ragi Bhai Balbir Singh.
- Tumri kirpa tei - Bhai Kamaljeet Singh Ji & Jatha Ji Hazoori Ragi Sachkhand Sri Harmandir Sahib Ji
To download this shabad in MP3, click on the link below, which should direct you to bhai sahib ji & jatha ji's website :)...
- Hygenic method for grinding of ragi seeds Odia PRAGATI Odisha
Usually,the villager growing Ragi crop,practice grinding in unhygienic conditions,which is not healthy at all.This villages Smt. Prabha Mali has shown in thi...
See also the pronunciation examples of ragi!
Scrabble value of R1A1G2I1
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of RAGI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of ragi!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of ragi to find many related words and phrases!