On this page:
- Definition of the noun rainbow
- Definition of the adjective rainbow
- Definition of the verb rainbow
- Phrases with Rainbow
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Rainbow
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Rainbow
- Photos about Rainbow
- Video language resources about Rainbow
- Sign language
- Quotes about Rainbow
- Scrabble value of R1A1I1N1B3O1W4
- Anagrams of RAINBOW
- Share this page
The word rainbow is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun rainbow
What does rainbow mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: rainbows
- an arc of colored light in the sky caused by refraction of the sun's rays by rain
- an illusory hope
Alternative definition of the noun rainbow
- A multicoloured arch in the sky, produced by prismatic refraction of light within droplets of rain in the air.
- synonym: spectrum
- Any prismatic refraction of light showing a spectrum of colours.
- [context: often used with “of”] A wide assortment; a varied multitude.
- An illusion, mirage
- [baseball] A curveball, particularly a slow one
- [context: poker slang] In Texas hold 'em or Omaha hold 'em, a flop that contains three different suits
Definition of the adjective rainbow
What does rainbow mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- See Multicoloured.
- [US] Mellow, laid back, peaceful.
- [US] Non-racist.
- [US] Racially or ethnically blended.
- [rfd-redundant] Having, or shining with, the colors of the rainbow: iridescent.
- [poker, chiefly of a flop] Composed entirely of different suits.
- [attributive] LGBT.
Definition of the verb rainbow
What does rainbow mean as a doing word?
- [transitive] To pattern with many colours, like a rainbow.
Who is Rainbow?
Rainbow appeared in the 2011 film Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Rainbow (actor)
Phrases with Rainbow
- Rainbow Boa
- Rainbow Boas
- Rainbow Crab
- Rainbow Drop
- rainbow fish
- Rainbow Iris
- Rainbow Krib
- rainbow pink
- Rainbow Weed
- Rainbow Bluet
- Rainbow Bream
- Rainbow Brite
- Rainbow party
- rainbow perch
- Rainbow Pitta
- Rainbow Prawn
- Rainbow Prigi
- rainbow smelt
- Rainbow Snake
- Downy Rainbow
View more phrases with the word Rainbow in thesaurus!
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Rainbow
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Consisting of Beautiful Thoughts, Choice Extracts and Sayings, of the Most Eminent Writers of All Nations, from the Earliest Ages to the Present Time, Together with a Comprehensive Biographical Index of Authors, and an Alphabetical List of Subjects Quoted
The rainbow is the promise of God never to drown the world.
by Terry Newbegin
The rainbow is the sign telling mankind that we ...
What Number Is God? (1995)
Metaphors, Metaphysics, Metamathematics, and the Nature of Things by Sarah Voss
"explains" the ordinary rainbow in the sense that the rainbow is the spectrum in the world. The refraction of the daylight sun, the ...
Metaphors of Conciousness (2012)
by Ronald S. Valle, Rolf von Eckartsberg
The rainbow is the spectrum in the world, the refraction of the daylight sun, the visible evidence that the spectrum lies in nature. It requires, however, only a brief reflection to realize that this second point ...
Buddhist Reflections (1993)
by Lama Anagarika Govinda, Maurice O'Connell Walshe
The rainbow is a symbol of the fleeting beauty of the human world, in whose transience are manifested eternal laws that...
Lucy's Rainbow (2011)
A Journey of Hope by Judy Hopkins
Lucy's Rainbow is the powerful, heart-wrenching story of a young family torn apart by cancer.
Awake My Heart (2017)
Daily Devotional Meditations for the Year by J. Sidlow Baxter
rainbow is a picturesque phenomenon of nature, easily explainable in terms of modern science. What our text explains is the divine significance with which God invested it. Whether there had been storms or rainbows during the antediluvian ...
A Guide to 200 Celestial Beings to Help, Heal, and Assist You in Everyday Life by Susan Gregg
Rainbow People will help you Invocation Rainbow People are so willing to help that all you have to do is call upon them. They are powerful guides and healers, so you might want to have them in your life on a regular basis. As a reminder, put ...
Your Ultimate A to Z Guide to Being a Better Angler by Tom Rosenbauer
Rogers fancy RAINBOW TROUT The rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss, is native to streams of the Pacific Coast of North America from the Tropic of Cancer in Mexico to the Arctic Circle in Alaska.Across the Bering Sea, it is also native to ...
by Michael T. Murray, Joseph Pizzorno
The Rainbow Assortment Turnip greens Red Dark Green...
Eat a “rainbow” assortment of fruits and vegetables. 2. Reduce your exposure to pesticides. 3. Eat to regulate your blood sugar level. 4. Do not ...
The Encyclopedia of Crystals (2007)
by Judy Hall
Natural Moonstone Tumbled Rainbow Moonstone Moonstone Crystal system Monoclinic Chemistry K(AlSi308)+Na,Fe,Ba Hardness 6 Source India, Sri Lanka, Australia Chakra Soma, third eye, solar plexus Number 4 Zodiac sign Cancer, ...
by Douglas M. Considine, Glenn D. Considine
Denmark Rainbow trout, crayfish (marrons ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Rainbow
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Rainbow
Click on an item to view that photo:
Rainbow over North Philly. Taken from The Inquirer's 12th floor balcony.
Photo credit: Kevin Burkett
Rainbow over Stoneleigh
Photo credit: Daniel I Scully
Photo credit: randihausken
Photo credit: dmuth
over the Box Springs Mountains Riverside, Ca
Photo credit: danorth1
Rainbow on the way out the door, neat!
Photo credit: twid
Photo credit: jespahjoy
Fun with light, crayons, and white paper tubes.
Photo credit: Howard Hecht
Looking over the back garden (with a fisheye lens)
Photo credit: andyspictures
Photo credit: randihausken
Photo credit: Luigi Mengato
Unedited photos of a rainbow along David Thompson Highway 11 in Central Western Alberta near the Rocky Mountains.
Photo credit: kevinmklerks
After the storm
Photo credit: www.metaphoricalplatypus.com
Photo credit: wetwebwork
Photo credit: balloon in a sock
Photo credit: Susan K. Rice
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
Photo credit: Ryan Hodnett
Rainbow outside Sherwood. OR on 99W
Photo credit: tmalone711
Photo credit: Agnes_F
View over the Wharfe Valley of a Rainbow, Not brilliant, but there all the same...
Photo credit: rawdonfox
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Rainbow
Click on an item to play that video:
- Rainbow loom Nederlands, slang
Dit grappige slangetje is gemakkelijk om te maken. Hij is ontworpen door Marloomz Creations. Je hebt hem binnen 10 minuutjes gedaan. Voor dit slangetje ...
- Rainbow Loom | Slang, Slangetje, Snake | Nederlands
In deze video laat ik jullie zien hoe je het slangetje maakt op de Rainbow Loom.
- RS Rainbow Meaning
Pastor Bill Monday, author of Rainbow Savior, shares the real biblical meaning of the rainbow and contrasts that with the more popular and opposite meaning of ...
- Klaxons - There Is No Other Time & Gravitys Rainbow - at New Slang, Kingston
Klaxons - There Is No Other Time & Gravitys Rainbow - at New Slang, Kingston.
- Rainbow trout Meaning
Video shows what rainbow trout means. A trout of the species Oncorhynchus mykiss, that has black spots and a pink streak running along the body.. The fish as ...
- Pocket Rainbow - Definition
- AVGN explains the meaning of the LJN Sh*t Rainbow (HD)
From the Back To The Future ReRevisited review. NOW IN HD! Purple for putrid gameplay, Blue for bad musical abomiations, Green for graphical farts of garlic, ...
- Rainbow loom slang Nederlands
bedankt voor het kijken groetjes ragonda. blog...
- Rainbow Road Minitage + Explanation
Hey guys, Here is a minitage and explanatory video.
- Rainbow loom - slang
Myrthe loomt een slang.
- Rainbow No 1 in the worldPurifies the air 100%See the meaning of this t
compare Rainbow, Hyla, Delphin and Filter Queen for dust blowing emissions. with particle countng meter.
- Rainbow Meaning
Video shows what rainbow means. A multicoloured arch in the sky, produced by prismatic refraction of light within droplets of rain in the air.. Any prismatic ...
- Rainbow Loom Nederlands - Slang
- Rainbow Rocks Shorts Afterthoughts and Explanation 2
- Rainbow loom Nederlands slang
Een leuke slang maken.
- Rainbow meaning and pronunciation
1. An optical illusion that appears after a rain-storm with 7 indigionous colours. 2. A term used within the gay community to acknowledge acceptance amongst it's ...
- Loom bands baby slang - rainbow loom baby slang nederlands
Loranne haar baby slang in loom bands eigen creatie met volledige handleiding.
- Luke's Rainbow Explanation
Luke Explaining how to draw a rainbow in first grade.
- Rainbow English Club-Starter-Vocabulary Game-Toys
- Rainbow Language Commercial
The Rainbow Language is a cutting edge book full of revelation concerning the restoration of the Hebrew Language, the Holy tongue of Yahweh. Order your ...
- English Town Rainbow Language School - Video Ad
English Teaching Rainbow Language School - Video Ad by Surge, Director of English Town Rainbow Language School in Kharkov, Ukraine...
- Rocket League ESL Kickoff Cup - Rainbow Rocketeers Full Stream
Full stream of the Rainbow Rocketeers during the ESL first kick off cup!
See also the pronunciation examples of Rainbow!
Click on an item to play that video:
- "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in sign language
A 3rd grader performs "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in sign language at the school talent show.
- Learn Sign Language - Colors of The Rainbow
Learn a The Colors Of The Rainbow with "Shooting Star Signers" Master Sign Instructor Shannon Brell. Sign the words: RED ORANGE YELLOW GREEN ...
- The World is a Rainbow - Sign Language
Teaching signed song...no music.
- EWMS "The World is a Rainbow" (Sign Language)
2011 Graduation Ceremony.
- Rainbow's End Sign Language Week
Rainbow's End are celebrating NZ Sign Language week! Iris the Fairy and Enzo the Magician as well as some young visitors in the park are learning how to sign ...
Quotes about Rainbow
Feel like dancing under a rainbow, feel like singing happy
songs, but my rainbow, no my rainbow, wont shine for me.
Feel like going to the ocean, building castle in the sand..
but my rainbow, my rainbow, wont shine for me. (David Gerardino)
more quotes about rainbow...
Scrabble value of R1A1I1N1B3O1W4
The value of this 7-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of RAINBOW
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Rainbow!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Rainbow to see it in context!