On this page:
Definition of the noun ram's-head
What does ram's-head mean as a name of something?
- orchid of northern North America having a brownish-green flower and red-and-white lip suggestive of a ram's head
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Arietinum americanum / species Arietinum americanum / Criosanthes arietina / species Criosanthes arietina / Criosanthes borealis / species Criosanthes borealis / Cypripedium arietinum albiflorum / form Cypripedium arietinum albiflorum / Cypripedium arietinum arietinum / form Cypripedium arietinum arietinum / Cypripedium arietinum biflorum / form Cypripedium arietinum biflorum / Cypripedium arietinum
- synonym of ram's-head: ram's-head lady's slipper
- more generic terms: ladies' slipper / lady slipper / lady's slipper / lady's-slipper / lady-slipper / slipper orchid = any of several chiefly American wildflowers having an inflated pouchlike lip
- geographic area: North America
- Ram's-head a.k.a. Rams Head is a mountain with an elevation of 2,190 metres AHD in the Ramshead Range of the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales, Australia. Its summit is the fourth highest mountain in New South Wales and the fourth highest mountain in Australia. The mountain is contained within the Kosciuszko National Park. Located south of Mount Kosciuszko, the mountain attracts hikers in the summer, and during the winter months is covered with snow for back country skiers and alpine touring.
- Ram's-head a.k.a. Rams Head is a Mountain in Rutland County, Vermont.
Phrases with Ram's-Head
Various documents about Ram's-Head
Click on a title to view that document, then you can search inside it:
An illustrated dictionary of words used in art and archaeology. Explaining terms frequently used in works on architecture, arms, bronzes, Christian art, colour, costume, decoration, devices, emblems, heraldry, lace, personal ornaments, pottery, painting, sculpture, &c., with their derivations 1833- Author: Mollett, John W. (John William) - 368 pages
dictionary - 259 pages
Small dictionary of demons. - 58 pages
- 602 pages
A dictionary of the architecture and archaeology of the Middle Ages : including words used by ancient and modern authors in treating of architectural and other antiquities ... : also, biographical notices of ancient architects (1838) Author: Britton, John, 1771-1857; Le Keux, John, 1783-1846 - 628 pages
Antony E. David, Rosalie David-A Biographical Dictionary of Ancient Egypt-University of Oklahoma Press (1996)
dictionary - 206 pages
dictionary od Middle Egyptian - 305 pages
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ram's-Head
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of RAM'S-HEAD
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Ram's-Head!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Ram's-Head to find many related words and phrases!