On this page:
Definition of the noun readying
What does readying mean as a name of something?
- the activity of putting or setting in order in advance of some act or purpose
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonym of readying: preparation
- more generic word: activity = any specific behavior
- more specific terms:
- fire control = preparation for the delivery of shellfire on a target
- warm up = performing mild exercises to prepare for some more strenuous activity
- deployment = the distribution of forces in preparation for battle or work
- groundwork = preliminary preparation as a basis or foundation
- makeready = final preparation and adjustments
- priming = the act of making something ready
- planning = an act of formulating a program for a definite course of action
- turnaround / turnround = act or process of unloading and loading and servicing a vessel or aircraft for a return trip
- prolusion / tune-up / warm-up = exercising in preparation for strenuous activity
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Readying
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Eric Partridge, Jacqueline Simpson
readying, readying-up . vbl nn. of READY, v., ...
by Michael Kent
For example, hostile aggression is more likely to occur in the presence of a readying mechanism, such as high levels of physiological *arousal. rearfoot motion In running and walking, the natural sequence of pronation (a combination of ...
Second Edition by Stephen E Atkins
By setting up its bank of computers and establishing communications with other government agencies, the OEM was able to participate in the decision making during the World Trade Center cleanup, readying itself for any ...
by Ken Albala
mackerel rundown (fish simmered Proper readying ofJamaican pepper shrimp. (Corel) in coconut milk with tomatoes, onions, scallion, and pepper), jerk fish, and escoveitched fish ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Readying
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Readying
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'readying"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of R1E1A1D2Y4I1N1G2
The value of this 8-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Readying to see it in context!