On this page:
- Definition of the noun reaper
- Phrases with Reaper
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Reaper
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Reaper
- Photos about Reaper
- Video language resources about Reaper
- Quotes about Reaper
- Scrabble value of R1E1A1P3E1R1
- Anagrams of REAPER
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun reaper
What does reaper mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: reapers
- someone who helps to gather the harvest
- Death personified as an old man or a skeleton with a scythe
- farm machine that gathers a food crop from the fields
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of reaper: harvester
- more generic term: farm machine = a machine used in farming
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun reaper
- One who reaps.
- A machine used to harvest crops.
- 'Reaper' Shortened form of "The Grim Reaper", the angel of death.
- Reaper is an American comedy television series that focuses on Sam Oliver, a "reaper" who works for the Devil by retrieving souls that have escaped from Hell.
- also known as Démonirtók, In slujba diavolului
- begun on and completed on (5 years ago)
- 31 episodes of 60 minutes each, in 2 seasons
- country: United States of America
- created by Michele Fazekas & Tara Butters
- regular cast:
- genres: Fantasy, Comedy-drama, Supernatural, Supernatural drama, Comedy, Adventure Film, Drama
- some of the awards:
- official website: www.cwtv.com/thecw/reaper
- "Reaper" is a 2013 horror film written by Mark James and James Jurdi and directed by Philip Shih.
- "Reaper" a.k.a. "The Schedule" is a film, directed by Burnie Burns.
- read more about The Schedule
- "Reaper" is a novel and was written by Ben Mezrich in 1998, his second novel. It deals with a "computer virus" that is hidden inside of the Telecon corporation's systems. The virus begins to go on a mad killing spree by wiping out people at their computer screens. Thus, eventually becoming a threat to every single person linked up to the Telecon system. The book was eventually turned into a TV movie known as Fatal Error.
- language: English Language
- genre: Thriller
- subject: Technological Innovations
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Reaper" is a book by Robert Kirkman & Cliff Rathburn.
- Reaper is the name of three characters in the DC Comics universe.
- Reaper is the name of several fictional characters in the pages of Marvel Comics, most notably the Reaper whose real name is Pantu Hurageb, a mutant in the X-Force comic book series. He has been a villain in the main Marvel Universe but a hero in the Ultraverse.
- The Reaper, the alias of Gunther Strauss, is a supervillain in the fictional shared universe of Marvel Comics, and an enemy of Captain America and Bucky. He first appeared in Captain America Comics #22, and his origin and first appearance were reprinted in full in The Invaders vol. 1 #10.
- Reaper is a fictional character from the 2013 film Beavers.
- Reaper is a fictional character from the 2006 film A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints.
- "Reaper" is a composition.
- "Reaper" is a composition.
- "Reaper" is a composition.
- music by Charlie Harper
Who is Reaper?
Reaper is a musical artist.
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group Behexen (Bass guitar) between and (15 years)
Reaper is the aggrotech project of Vasi Vallis.
- genres: Industrial music, Electro-industrial
- albums: "Angst EP", "Hell Starts With an H", "The Devil Is Female", "Dirty Cash"
- official website: www.reaper-music.de
REAPER is a digital audio workstation created by Cockos. It is distributed with an uncrippled evaluation license with a nag screen explaining the license cost.
- license: Proprietary software
- official website: www.reaper.fm
- Reaper: A reaper is a farming tool or person that reaps crops at harvest, when they are ripe.
- Reaper is a museum, ship, tourist attraction.
- Reaper was a privateer schooner commanded by Captain Ephraim Sturdivant during the War of 1812. The schooner weighed 206 tons and was armed with six carriage guns and 75 men. Captain Sturdivant was officially charged by President James Madison to use the ship to attack British shipping.
- Reaper: Reapers, or Shinigami, are a fictional race in the Soul Reaper anime and manga series.
- also known as Shinigami
- Reaper is an aircraft model.
Phrases with Reaper
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Reaper
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
On that Point! (2003)
An Introduction to Parliamentary Debate by John Meany, Kate Shuster
the "Grim Reaper" is a symbol of death) , subsequently interpreting the topic to call for expanded infant health care services. Another debater might argue that the topic is a metaphor for farming (the reaper is an agricultural tool) and advocate ...
Tarot Basics (2006)
by Evelin Burger, Johannes Fiebig
The Grim Reaper is the symbol of death and dying, but more than anything else, the reaper wants to harvest. In other words, when you see this card, the question is what do you want to "harvest" during your lifetime. When we begin to explore ...
Batman and Philosophy (2008)
The Dark Knight of the Soul by Mark D. White, Robert Arp
The Reaper is the individual's brutal and unmeasured response to the failure of the collective security that the state is contracted to provide. And Harvey Dent was a faithful but ultimately ineffective agent of the state. It is the state's incapacity to ...
Your Training Manual, Should You Choose to Accept it by Lonely Planet Kids
– the MQ-9 REAPER is an American drone ...
by Lance Day, Ian McNeil
dominated reaper production but other developments were to threaten this position; however, foreign markets were appearing at the same time, not least the opportunities of European sales stimulated by the Great Exhibition in 1851.
by Daniel Bukszpan, Ronnie James Dio
REAPER. Stefan Arnold: drums (Times o/ Wjr and later). Jens Becker: bass [ Knight* of tile CfOtS and later! (see also (tunning Wild): Chris Boltcndahl: vocals; C.F. Brank: bass (War Gamts); Albert Eckardt: drums (Heavy Metal lireakdoun ...
by Jeffrey Andrew Weinstock
Death Personified on Television and in Film The personification of death is common in film and television, very often recalling the visual characteristics of the Grim Reaper. In Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal (1957), Death plays chess with ...
by A. Bowdoin Van Riper
The roll call of famous American inventors enshrined in popular history and learned like a catechism by generations of schoolchildren pairs each name with a single invention: Whitney and the cotton gin, McCormick and the mechanical reaper, ...
by Jackson R. Bryer, Mary C. Hartig
As a cofounder withMark Jarman ofthemagazine the Reaper, established in 1980 , McDowell revived narrative poetry and thereby created significant awarenessofthis mediumof expression. Arguing that"poetry, more than ever,is harnessedby ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Reaper
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Reaper
Click on an item to view that photo:
Nov 10,09---Photo Shop Work
Photo credit: wolfm49
Photo credit: Matt Gowing
Photo credit: TheMuuj
Photo credit: namita_kumar
- The Guild: Reaper
The Guild is a intergalactic mercenary corps. They specialize in everything from inciting government coups to guarding merchant ships.
The Reaper is a specialized section of the mechanized infantry dealing with most of the recon or assassination missions.
Photo credit: Brian. R.
- Reaper with Pointy Tail
Photo credit: Richard Elzey
- Apache Reaper Drying Wheat, San Juan
Artist: Edward Sheriff Curtis
Artist Bio: American, 1868 - 1952
Creation Date: c. 1900
Process: bromide print
Credit Line: Gift of Lorenzo Hernandez
Accession Number: 1987.032.003
- Soak Reaper
Photo credit: VBC17
- Reaper bun
Photo credit: quinn.anya
- Reaper the Raven
Photo credit: Fimb
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Reaper
Click on an item to play that video:
- Maschine as VST in Reaper - explanation & demonstration
Download the three important files (1. Maschine Project with all included samples, 2. Maschine Controller config file, 3. Reaper ProjectTemplate from: ...
- Reaper Meaning
Video shows what reaper means. One who reaps.. A machine used to harvest crops.. Reaper Shortened form of "The Grim Reaper", the angel of death.. reaper ...
- Weather Dude (Reaper Explanation)
- Reaper Project Explanation
- Frequencerz & Crypsis at Raw Definition Outdoor 2015 (Moridin - The Devil's Reaper)
Frequencerz & Crypsis at Raw Definition Outdoor 2015 1. Moridin - The Devil's Reaper.
- Voice recording reaper beware language
View more videos about The Reaper.
See also the pronunciation examples of Reaper!
Quotes about Reaper
Death is the reaper who doesn't take a midday nap.
more quotes about reaper...
Scrabble value of R1E1A1P3E1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of REAPER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Reaper!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Reaper to see it in context!