The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective reasonable:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective reasonable
- Phrases with reasonable
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for reasonable
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for reasonable
- Photos about reasonable
- Video language resources about reasonable
- Quotes about reasonable
- Scrabble value of R1E1A1S1O1N1A1B3L1E1
- Share this page
Reasonable is sometimes a misspelling of reasonably.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective reasonable
What does reasonable mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more reasonable / most reasonable
- showing reason or sound judgment
- synonym of reasonable: sensible
- antonym of reasonable: unreasonable
- similar: commonsense / commonsensible / commonsensical; healthy / intelligent / level-headed / levelheaded / sound; strong; tenable / well-founded
- attribute: reasonableness = goodness of reason and judgment
- see also: fair / just; logical; rational; valid
- not excessive or extreme
- marked by sound judgment
Alternative definition of the adjective reasonable
- Just; fair; agreeable to reason.
- antonym: arbitrary
- Not expensive; fairly priced.
- antonym: unreasonable
- See Satisfactory.
Phrases with reasonable
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for reasonable
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Nadine Hill
Going further, reasonable also means being governed by reason; which in turn means explanations, justifications, underlying facts, good judgment, normalcy, plus the capacity for logic and analytic thought. Further, being reasonable means ...
by Sonia Sikka, Bindu Puri, Lori G. Beaman
While, for Sibley, being reasonable (in contrast to being merely prudent) meant taking account of the interests of others per se, Rawls specifies that being reasonable means accepting fair terms of cooperation given the assurance that others ...
by Gerald N. Hill, Kathleen Hill
—Mark Twain reasonable Just, rational, appropriate, ordinary, or usual in the circumstances. it may refer to care, cause, compensation, doubt (in a criminal trial ), and a host of other actions or activities. in the law of negligence, for example, the ...
Or, Selected Dicta of English Chancellors and Judges from the Earliest Periods to the Present Time. Extracted Mainly from Reported Decisions, and Embracing Many Epigrams and Quaint Sayings by James William Norton-Kyshe
Reasonable. 1. There is no point on ...
The Dictionary of Legal Quotations, Or, Selected Dicta of English Chancellors and Judges from the Earliest Periods to the Present Time (1904)
by James William Norton-Kyshe
Reasonable. 1. There is no point ...
A Is For Access by Jodi Aronson
reasonable and customary / 37 well as fees for the medical history and physical and related laboratory work. Setting prospective fees is done by establishing a contract between the facility and the managed care organization. provider Any ...
by Henry Kellerman
A reasonable number of Ws indicate decent organizational ability, while a preponderance of such responses can suggest a passive orientation in the subject. □ DW—use of a large detail of the blot to explain the entire blot. It is understood to ...
Building Contract Dictionary (2008)
by David Chappell, Vincent Powell-Smith, Derek Marshall, Simon Cavender
Reasonable (reality) is, broadly speaking, a freehold estate or interest in land. In law, 'land' has a very wide definition; it includes not only the actual soil itself but all the things growing upon it or permanently attached to it, as well as rights over ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for reasonable
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about reasonable
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about reasonable
Click on an item to play that video:
- IPhone 6 Plus Bendgate Reasonable Explanation
- Reasonable Meaning
Video shows what reasonable means. Having the faculty of reason; endued with reason; rational.. Just; fair; agreeable to reason.. Not excessive or immoderate; ...
- LPS Troubled Waters (Episode #2: A reasonable explanation)
Alkyre Takes Lidya in for questioning, and asks the question she's dying to know the answer for. But when she does, a memory resurfaces. Alkyre becomes ...
- IRS Scandal - WH: Explanation For Lost Lerner Emails " Entirely Reasonable" - Oopsie Daisy The Five
IRS Scandal - White House: Explanation For Lost Lerner Emails " Entirely Reasonable" IRS Commissioner Promised In March To Provide All Of Lois Lerner's ...
- The Blood Moon: A Rational, Reasonable, and Biblical Explanation
Ward Fenley shows conclusively why all the blood moon hype is simply to manipulate the gullible with fear. Fenley provides a reasonable, rational, and ...
- Chemtrails or reasonable explanation.
Air force brace exersizes.
- Reasonable explanation
- Sunday Appears on Thursday With a Perfectly Reasonable Explanation For the Recent Lack of Videos
- BSL: Your Rights at Work - 23 - The definition of reasonable adjustment
British Sign language clip 23 of 29 in the series of your rights at work videos.
- Clay Matthews' perfectly reasonable explanation of why the Packers don't use Tinder
Clay Matthews' perfectly reasonable explanation of why the Packers don't use Tinder Clay Matthews' perfectly reasonable explanation of why the Packers don't ...
- Dr. Ignacio Palacios, Reasonable Expectations for ESL Student Writing
College professors often express some frustrations and misunderstandings when dealing with writing that comes from international students. Instructors dealing ...
See also the pronunciation examples of reasonable!
Quotes about reasonable
Scrabble value of R1E1A1S1O1N1A1B3L1E1
The value of this 10-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine