The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb reform:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun reform
- Definition of the verb reform
- Phrases with Reform
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Reform
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Reform
- Photos about Reform
- Videos about Reform
- Quotes about Reform
- Scrabble value of R1E1F4O1R1M3
- Anagrams of REFORM
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun reform
What does reform mean as a name of something?
Reform is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural:
- reform: reforms
- Reform: Reforms
- a change for the better as a result of correcting abuses
- example: justice was for sale before the reform of the law courts
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- more generic word: improvement = the act of improving something
- more specific terms:
- a campaign aimed to correct abuses or malpractices
- self-improvement in behavior or morals by abandoning some vice
Alternative definition of the noun reform
- Amendment of what is defective, vicious, corrupt, or depraved; reformation; as, reform of elections; reform of government.
- synonym: reformation
Definition of the verb reform
What does reform mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: reformed | reforming | reforms
- make changes for improvement in order to remove abuse and injustices
- bring, lead, or force to abandon a wrong or evil course of life, conduct, and adopt a right one
- examples: The Church reformed me | reform your conduct
- lexical domain: Change - verbs of size, temperature change, intensifying, etc.
- synonyms of reform: reclaim / rectify / regenerate
- more generic words: alter / change / modify = cause to change; make different
- more specific words: moralise / moralize = improve the morals of
- produce by cracking
- break up the molecules of
- improve by alteration or correction of errors or defects and put into a better condition
- change for the better
- Reform is a city in Pickens County, Alabama, United States. At the 2000 census the population was 1,978.
- Reform a.k.a. Reform, Mississippi: Reform is an unincorporated community located in Choctaw County, Mississippi, along Mississippi Highway 15 and is approximately 6 miles south of Mathiston.
- read more about Reform, Mississippi
Reform is a record label.
Reform was an Irish-bred British-trained Thoroughbred racehorse and sire. In a racing career which lasted from April 1966 until October 1967 he won eleven of his fourteen races. As a two-year-old he was beaten on his debut but won his remaining six races and was rated among the best colts of his generation in Britain. Reform was never entered in the British Classic Races, but proved himself to be an outstanding three-year-old in 1967, winning five of his seven starts. After winning the St James's Stakes, St James's Palace Stakes, Sussex Stakes and Queen Elizabeth II Stakes he ended his career by beating the Epsom Derby winner Royal Palace in the Champion Stakes.
- born in (52 years ago)
- died in (33 years ago)
- "Reform" is Jane Zhang's fifth studio album that was released on 1 June 2011. It is her second album with Universal Music Group under Show City Times. Built around the theme "reform and changes.
- "Reform" is a musical album of Stave.
- released in
- "Reform" is a musical album of Machine Made Pleasure.
- released in (5 years ago)
- "Reform" is a musical album of Chiasm.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Reform" is a composition.
- "Reform" is a musical album of The Higher Intelligence Agency.
- released in (22 years ago)
"Reform" is a book by Ralph De Clairmont.
- also known as "Reform. An essay on the political, financial and social conditions of the United States, showing dangers, defects and remedies"
"Reform" is a film, directed by Joseph Kenneth Ssebaggala.
- Reform means the improvement or amendment of what is wrong, corrupt, unsatisfactory, etc. The use of the word in this way emerges in the late 1700s and is believed to originate from Christopher Wyvill’s Association movement which identified “Parliamentary Reform” as its primary aim.
- Reform is a British think tank based in London, whose declared mission is to set out a better way to deliver public services and economic prosperity. Reform describes itself as independent and non-partisan with an aim "to produce research of outstanding quality on the core issues of the economy, health, education and law and order and on the right balance between government and individual.
- official website: www.reform.co.uk
- Reform is an Evangelical organisation within Anglicanism, active in the Church of England and the Church of Ireland. Reform in England describes itself as a "network of churches and individuals within the Church of England, committed to the reform of ourselves, our congregation and our world by the gospel".
- Reform, also referred to as Reform Magazine, is an editorially-independent monthly subscription magazine published by the United Reformed Church.
- also known as Reform magazine
Phrases with Reform
Phrases starting with the word Reform:
Phrases ending with the word Reform:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Reform
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
First, real reform means that all of us, and especially the powerful interest groups, must accept changes resisted in the past. Insurers are going to have to change the way they do business. Pharmaceutical companies will have to be more ...
GLOBAL EDUCATION REFORM (2013)
The universe is governed by a sequence of realms; hence, global education reform is a dignified path to peace and unity, a promised corridor for the eradication of lingering human prejudice, discrimination, injustice, and language barriers. by Joseph O. Esin
The universe is governed by a sequence of realms; hence, global education reform is a dignified path to peace and unity, a promised corridor for the eradication of lingering human prejudice, discrimination, injustice, and language barriers.
One Voice (2007)
The Selected Sermons of W. Gunther Plaut by W. Gunther Plaut
Reform is the hard way because it is neither satisfied with the Christian emphasis on proper belief nor with the Orthodox and Conservative stress on outward performance. It is the hard way because it seeks meaningful performance supported ...
Managing Complexity for Social Justice by Linda R. Kroll
The nobler motivation behind standards-based reform is the desire to have all students develop substantive...
Our Evolving Curriculum (2013)
Part I: A Special Issue of Peabody Journal of Education by Allan C. Ornstein, Linda S. Behar
Frances Klein Curriculum reform is a common expectation shared by diverse groups all across the nation today. The demand for it is perennial; one cycle of curriculum reform fades into another with almost imperceptible endings but the next ...
Critical Thought for Turbulent Times by Paul Anderson
The first reform is the democratisation of business. Business decisions would be a function not (primarily) of chrematistic operations but in effect of community decisions. This is because businesses would not be legal entities to be bought and ...
Letters to President Obama (2009)
Americans Share Their Hopes and Dreams with the First African-American President by Hanes Walton
Prison reform is a challenging economic and social problem about which America may not be ready to focus attention, but it is a problem deserving of as much attention as possible, especially during this period when states and cities are ...
Markets Within Planning (1988)
Socialist Economic Management in the Third World by Edmund Valpy Knox Fitzgerald, Marc Wuyts
Labour reform is an area of particular political sensitivity because it engages deep ideological issues relating to the character of socialism, so the political dimensions of labour policy are particularly important in the Chinese case. Over the past ...
Transition under Threat by Geoffrey Hayes, Mark Sedra
A critical element that will influence the effectiveness and success of the pay and grading reform is the handling of civil servants who lack the qualifications for corresponding positions in the new structure, and/or are surplus to requirements ...
by Carol Lansing, Edward D. English
Reform is a recurrent motif in the history of Christianity and it has given rise to dramatic historical narratives in which valiant...
A key result of eleventhcentury reform is that it gave rise to a profusion of new experiments in religious life that ...
An Encyclopedia by Gary Giroux
Reform legislation was proposed at the end of 2009 by Barney Frank (Democrat from Massachusetts), chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, and Senate Banking Committee chair Chris Dodd (Democrat from Connecticut).
by Gambhir Bhatta
Reform constituencies: Those that are in ...
Drugs in American Society: An Encyclopedia of History, Politics, Culture, and the Law [3 volumes] (2014)
by Nancy E. Marion, Willard M. Oliver
Ribbon Reform Clubs The ...
Firefly Geography Dictionary (2003)
by Firefly Books
LAND REFORM LANDSLIDE Landslides are more likely if porous rock (in this case chalk) or other material sits over an impervious layer. Water accumulates at the layer boundary, weakening support for the overlying material- tries often try to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Reform
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Reform
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: mrsdkrebs
- Immigration reform
Photo credit: quinn.anya
- Reform Club The Gallery postcard
Photo credit: Phil Guest
- Rally For Immigration Reform
Photo credit: ProgressOhio
- Reform Club fireplace postcard
Photo credit: Phil Guest
- Reform Club crystal lozenges postcard
Photo credit: Phil Guest
- Rally For Immigration Reform
Photo credit: ProgressOhio
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Reform
Click on an item to play that video:
- Political Reform Terminology
- Reform Meaning
Video shows what reform means. Amendment of what is defective, vicious, corrupt, or depraved; reformation; as, reform of elections; reform of government..
- Okiro says Police Reform Report will give the force a new meaning
On 'View From The Top' former Inspector-General of Police, and now Chairman of the Police Service Commission, Mike Okiro, explains the efforts of the ...
- EU CAP reform - a definition
Changes to the CAP, begun in the late 1990s, that are designed to reduce over-production of certain produce (and associated waste of food), focus on ...
- Reform Vocabulary 2014
- Health Care Reform Explanation by David Newby President Wisconsin AFL-CIO
- The explanation of Deaf Education Reform Act petition
This video elaborate the purpose of Deaf Education Reform Act petition. The petition to White House can be found at this link: ...
- Explanation of Georgia Civil Forfeiture Reform Legislation
House Judiciary Chairman Rep. Wendell Willard describes four significant revisions in HB 1 civil forfeiture reform legislation during testimony at a Friday, ...
- Healthcare Reform and the Dialect of Deceit
AAPS President-Elect Jules Madrigal-Dersch, M.D. looks at the ideas and policies subjugating the patient-physician relationship. From the AAPS 69th Annual ...
- Explanation of 80% Medical Loss Ratio Health Care Reform
Health Care Reform mandates a 80% Medical Loss Ratio for Small Biz and Individual Plans or the Insurance Companies must give rebates.
- Problem definition in welfare reform - Donna Matahaere-Atariki (Part 3of 3)
- Health Care Reform - small business definition
The definition of a "small business" as it pertains to the recent federal health care reform bill.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Reform Bill Explanation - HB 119
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = economic reform
- For Congress, please... Yes to Real Health Care Reform! (no other meaning)
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = administrative reform
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = agrarian reform
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = educational reform
- Syed Husin: Palace language must be reform to reflect democracy
Former PKR deputy president Syed Husin Ali wants the palace language to be reformed to reflect democracy as the current form can condition the populace to ...
- Language Barriers Challenge Health Care Reform
One of the hurdles for the President's Affordable Care Act is language. Understanding the law is a challenge even for governors, state lawmakers and agency ...
- ESL PROGRAM MAY NOT BE READY IN TIME FOR IMMIGRATION REFORM
One of the hotly-contested issues within the immigration reform debate is requiring immigrants to speak English, before they can be given legal immigration ...
- English-language spelling reform Top # 8 Facts
English-language spelling reform Top # 8 Facts.
- Learning the Language of Bolivia's Ambitious Education Reform
Evo Morales is the first indigenous president of Bolivia, even though almost two-thirds of the country's population are indigenous. Upon entering the office, ...
- Ada Reform Language Centre
- Maloney Secures Language Reform FERC Decision Making
- Bellingham ESL teacher supports comprehensive immigration reform
Bellingham ESL teacher tells her story on why she supports comprehensive immigration reform.
- Fusing Tradition & Modernity: Sikkimese Language & Literary Reform
- Language Reform
- GCSE Reform -- Going Linear: Information on the changes to English, Language & Literature
This video is targeted at new and experienced teachers who have been teaching the Edexcel GCSE 2010 English, English Language and English Literature ...
- Description of reform of immigration
See also the pronunciation examples of Reform!
Quotes about Reform
I wish that the Democrats would put some effort into Social Security reform, illegal immigration's reform, tax reform, or some of the other real issues that are out there. (Jack Kingston)
more quotes about reform...
Scrabble value of R1E1F4O1R1M3
The value of this 6-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of REFORM
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Reform!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Reform to see it in context!