The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb remind:
On this page:
- Definition of the verb remind
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Remind
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Remind
- Photos about Remind
- Video language resources about Remind
- Quotes about Remind
- Scrabble value of R1E1M3I1N1D2
- Anagrams of REMIND
- Share this page
The word remind is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the verb remind
What does remind mean as a doing word?
Remind is one of the top 1000 most common verbs in the English language.
verb - inflections: reminded | reminding | reminds
- put in the mind of someone
- examples: Remind me to call Mother | They remind him to write the letter
- lexical domain: Cognition - verbs of thinking, judging, analyzing, doubting
- more specific terms:
- cause: call back / call up / recall / recollect / remember / retrieve / think
- assist (somebody acting or reciting) by suggesting the next words of something forgotten or imperfectly learned
Alternative definition of the verb remind
- To cause one to experience a memory (of someone or something); to bring to the notice or consideration (of a person).
- synonym: put someone in mind of
- "Remind": 《Remind》는 DSP미디어에서 엠넷미디어로 이적후에 옥주현이 발매한 세 번째 솔로음반이다. 거짓말이야 뮤직비디오에는 SG워너비의 김용준과 황정음이 출연해 화제가 되었다.
- artist: Ock Joo-hyun
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Remind" is a musical album of Crematory.
- also known as Remind (bonus disc)
- released on (13 years ago)
- "Remind" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "remind" is a musical album of Hideaki Tokunaga.
- released on (14 years ago)
- "REMIND" is a musical single of Acidman.
- released on (7 years ago)
Remind is a private mobile messaging platform that enables teachers to send Reminders to students and parents via text and email. The platform has over 10 million users and sends over 65 million messages per month. As of February 2014, 15% of the K-12 teacher population in the U.S used Remind101.
- official website: https://www.remind.com
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Remind
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Classroom in the Cloud (2015)
Innovative Ideas for Higher Level Learning by Jared Covili, Nicholas Provenzano
Remind is a text messaging system between teachers, students, and parents. 2. No personal contact information, such as phone numbers or email addresses, is shared between teachers, students, and parents. Remind is a free app on ...
Some new discoveries of the uncertainty, deficiency and corruptions of human knowledge and learning; ... more especially in the study of Theology, etc (1714)
Şo that when we reađ that Printing and Guns were found out much about the fame Ťime, it may remind is that there are too the ef: fãs of böth, and that the Preĝis as dangerous and hurtful as Gunpowder. How often are uncharitable Quarrels ...
A Syntactic and Semantic Study of Verbs Governing Prepositions and Complement Clauses in Present-Day English by Martti Juhani Rudanko
Remind is an exception, for it is not limited to of -ing but also takes about -ing.
by Byung Ihn Choi
One thing to remind is that confluent fibrosis shows hypointensity on delayed phase. But its enhancement pattern is clearly different from HCC which shows arterial enhancement and portal washout and can distinguish it from HCC. 2.2. 2.3 ...
Revelation Www. Is 666 (2005)
by Sir Knight Daryl Breese
They point out the infallibility of God's Word in written form, but remind is that every human effort is flawed - including this new version ...
by Elaine Costello
Same sign used (or: recall, recollect, remind.
by King Sulleyman D. Bachiesichang
In language study when reference is being mark in connection with involving something or somebody into memory we do not use the model verbs 'can/could' before 'remember' remind v. cause to remember, cause to recall 8 This again ...
remind. rage (s.), dekamsa. rags («.), bututu. rain («.), boka. heavy rain, di- besa. rain (v.), roba. rainbow (s.), sabata Wakayu. rainbringer («.), chamsitu. raincoat (« .), of matting, handaki. rainy season (s.), ganna. raise (v.), olfuda; of a curtain, ...
rehearse 222 remind rehearse verb: rehearses, rehearsed, rehearsing, has rehearsed Actors or singers rehearse when they practise before they perform in front of an audience: Let's rehearse our lines again. related adjective Two people are ...
by Ebenezer Cobham Brewer
remind'-ed, remind'-ing, remind'-er. (Old Eng. mynd, with re-.) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Remind
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Remind
Click on an item to view that photo:
To remind you of the wintertime
Photo credit: Nederland in foto's
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Remind
Click on an item to play that video:
- Vocabulary - REMEMBER, RECALL, REMIND
- Remind Vocabulary
- Remind Meaning
Video shows what remind means. To cause one to experience a memory (of someone or something); to bring to the notice or consideration (of a person)..
- Khmer English Vocabulary |Remember and remind| for Cambodian
- Coaches remind parents the true meaning of sportsmanship
A group is working to prevent fights and inappropriate behavior on the sidelines.
- Shardas New Effort To Remind Her Kids Meaning Of Wedding
- Remind Yumiko ESL Arena
- The Difference Between Remind and Remember 1622 ESL British Pronunciation
- YUMIKO VS REMIND ESL
See also the pronunciation examples of Remind!
Quotes about Remind
Scrabble value of R1E1M3I1N1D2
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of REMIND
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Remind!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Remind to see it in context!