On this page:
- Definition of the noun reseda
- Definition of the adjective reseda
- Phrases with Reseda
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Reseda
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Reseda
- Photos about Reseda
- Videos about Reseda
- Scrabble value of R1E1S1E1D2A1
- Anagrams of RESEDA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun reseda
What does reseda mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: resedas
- any plant of the genus Reseda
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- more generic terms: herb / herbaceous plant = a plant lacking a permanent woody stem; many are flowering garden plants or potherbs; some having medicinal properties
- more specific terms:
- Reseda odorata / sweet reseda / mignonette = Mediterranean woody annual widely cultivated for its dense terminal spikelike clusters greenish or yellowish white flowers having an intense spicy fragrance
- dyer's mignonette / Reseda luteola / dyer's rocket / weld = European mignonette cultivated as a source of yellow dye
- member of: genus Reseda = Old World genus of herbs having racemose flowers: mignonette
Alternative definition of the noun reseda
- A plant with small grayish green flowers (Reseda odorata).
- See Mignonette.
Definition of the adjective reseda
What does reseda mean as an attribute of a noun?
- Of a greyish-green colour.
- Reseda is a neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles, California. It was founded in 1912, and its central business district started in 1915. The neighborhood was devoted to agriculture for many years. Earthquakes struck the area in 1971 and 1994.
- Reseda is a station on the Los Angeles Metro Orange Line, in the Los Angeles County Metro Liner system. It is named after adjacent Reseda Boulevard, which travels north-south and crosses the east-west busway route. The station is in the Los Angeles district of Tarzana.
- Reseda is a Skyscraper, Building in São Paulo, Brazil.
- also known as Cidade Jardim Torre Residencial III
Phrases with Reseda
Phrases starting with the word Reseda:
- Reseda alba
- Reseda lutea
- Reseda Media
- Reseda Clausa
- Reseda Crispa
- Reseda Incisa
- Reseda Pilosa
- Reseda Undata
- Reseda Benitoi
- Reseda Inflata
- reseda luteola
- reseda odorata
- Reseda Tridens
- Reseda Capensis
- Reseda Gigantea
- Reseda Lamottei
Phrases ending with the word Reseda:
View more phrases with the word Reseda in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Reseda
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Michael Usher
years after the scrape Reseda is an infrequent species in the scraped community. The tall plants in the foreground are Chamerion angustifolium. The second difficulty with extinction is a philosophical one: a sighting proves that a species is ...
Angeles National Forest (N.F.), Elsmere Solid Waste Management Facility, Angeles National Forest (N.F.) Land Adjustment Plan, Angeles County (1995)
Environmental Impact Statement
While Reseda is the closest monitoring station to the proposed project, the measured baseline CO values are much higher than what would be expected at the remote location of the proposed ESWMF. High CO concentrations are usually ...
Lautréamont's Imagery (1969)
A Stylistic Approach by Peter W. Nesselroth
the reseda is a flower, and not a tree, the juxtaposition creates an exaggeration and the effect is ironic. Similarly, in the following example, from the piliers- baobabs stanza, it is the frame which creates associations, for the focus, that are not ...
Phantoms of the Other (2015)
Four Generations of Derrida’s Geschlecht by David Farrell Krell
Sweet‐smelling Reseda is the refer‐ence here: Pliny the Elder tells us that the name derives from the imperative form of the verb resedo, resedere, “to diminish, shrink.” When the plant was applied to tumors in the hope that they would recede, ...
Neutron Scattering (2010)
Experiment Manuals of the JCNS Laborator Course Held at Forschungszentrum Jülich and the Research Reactor FRM II of TU Munich
RESEDA is a neutron spin echo spectrometer with two secondary spectrometer arms, in order to double the solid angle of detectable neutrons. The arms are enumerated as 0 (one incoming beam) and 1 and 2 (two scattered beams). In front of ...
by CTI Reviews
Reseda is a genus of fragrant herbaceous plants native to the Mediterranean region and southwest Asia, from the Canary Islands and Iberia east to northwest India. The species include annuals, biennials and perennials, and grow to 40130 ...
by G. Rehm
e wild ginger s abebe, platamillo, San Juanito, bagala 1897 Reseda tuteola L. e weld, dyer's rocket f gaude, réséda jaunâtre g Färberwau, Färberkraut p gauda s gualda, gabarro 1898 Reseda odorata L e mignonette f ...
Reseda luteola, dyer's-weed, yellow-weed, or weld. — Leaves lanceolate, undivided, flat.
by Michael Allaby
Reseda. odorata. (mignonette). See RESEDACEAE. reserpine. See RAUVOLFIA. reservoir. pool. A large store of a nutrient at some stage in a *biogeochemical cycle. Reservoir pools are mainly abiotic, but may also be biotic, as in the case of ...
Reseda luteola, Weld, yields a yellow dye. Reseda odorata is the fragrant Mignonette. The Mignonette is rendered suflruticose by preventing the development of its blossoms. This is the origin of the tree Mignonette, which is much cultivated in ...
The Complete Guide to the Use of Aromatic Oils In Aromatherapy, Herbalism, Health, and Well Being by Julia Lawless
Resedaceae Reseda odorata: Reseda, common mignonette. Grossulariaceae Ribes nigrum: Blackcurrant, niribine (oil); several cultivars exist. Hamamelidaceae Liquidambar orientalis: Oriental sweetgum, Levant styrax, Asiatic styrax, storax, ...
by William Nicholson
RESEDA, in botany, a genus of the Dodecandria Trigynia class and order. Natural order of Miscellanea;. Capparidcs, Jussieu. Essential character: calyx one- leafed, parted ; petals laciniate ; capsule gaping at the mouth, one-celled. There are ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Reseda
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Reseda
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Reseda lutea.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Reseda
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Reseda!
Scrabble value of R1E1S1E1D2A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of RESEDA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Reseda!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Reseda to see it in context!