Definition of the noun revenant
What does revenant mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: revenants
- a person who returns after a lengthy absence
- someone who has returned from the dead
Definition of the adjective revenant
What does revenant mean as an attribute of a noun?
- of or relating to or typical of a revenant
- example: revenant shrieks and groans
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
"Revenant" is an action-RPG computer game by Cinematix Studios, released in 1999 by the publisher Eidos Interactive.
- also known as The Forsaken
- mode: Single-player video game, Multiplayer video game
- developers: Cinematix, Cinematix Studios
- genres: Fantasy, Action role-playing game, Adventure, Role-playing video game, Action game, Action-adventure game
- publisher: Eidos Interactive
- released in (15 years ago)
"Revenant" a.k.a. "Modern Vampires" is a 1998 black horror/comedy film that was released Oct 19, 1999 straight to video, written by Matthew Bright and directed by Richard Elfman.
- also known as The Revenant, Vamps
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Brad Wyman & Chris Hanley
- executive producer: H. Michael Heuser
- production design by Robyn Costa
- art direction by Peter Kanter & Stacie B. London
- written by Matthew Bright
- casting by Anne McCarthy & Mary Vernieu
- cinematography by Robin Brown
- edited by Larry Bock
- music by Michael Wandmacher, Danny Elfman
- costume design by Magda Berliner & Eduardo Lucero
- set decoration by Charlotte Gimfalk & A. Lombardo
- genres: Horror, Comedy, Romance Film
- released on (16 years ago)
- "Revenant" a.k.a. "Cemetery Dance" is the name of a novel by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. During production, it was known by the pre-release title Revenant. The preceding novel is The Wheel of Darkness.
- "Revenant" is an original novel based on the U.S. television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- language: English Language
- author: Mel Odom
- genres: Horror, Fiction, Children's literature, Speculative fiction
- subject: Vampire
- copyright: 2001
- released in (13 years ago)
- "Revenant" is a book by Louise Cooper.
- genre: Speculative fiction
- subject: Music
- copyright: 1992-09
- Revenant was a death metal band formed in 1986 in northern New Jersey.
- Revenant is a musical group.
- album: "Retrieving Honor and Hatred"
Revenant a.k.a. Revenant Records is a record label based in Austin, Texas, which concentrates on folk and blues. Revenant was formed in 1996 by John Fahey and Dean Blackwood. Revenant's 2001 box set, Screamin' and Hollerin' the Blues: The Worlds of Charley Patton, won three Grammy Awards in 2003.
- official website: www.revenantrecords.com
- Revenant: A revenant is a visible ghost or animated corpse that was believed to return from the grave to terrorize the living. The word "revenant" is derived from the Latin word, revenans, "returning", from the verb "revenir"; in French, "revenant" means "coming back", from the verb "revenir", meaning "to come back".
- Revenant: In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game, the revenant is a type of fictional monster.
- Revenant a.k.a. Revenants in fiction: In fantasy fiction, the term revenant usually means a sentient creature whose desire to fulfill a special goal allows it to return from the grave as a creature vaguely resembling an intelligent zombie. Another possibility is that a powerful wizard returns a dead hero from the past to make him go on a quest that no living human would dare to undertake. Such a revenant may be just as intelligent as it was in life but its will is usually bound by the wizard who summons and controls it.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Revenant
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Gothic Literature (2009)
by Mary Ellen Snodgrass
revenant A variety of critics interpret the narrative poem as a cautionary tale to little girls, a literary rebellion against restrictions on female artists, an anti-fan- tasy on female freedom, an ALLEGORY on Victorian patriarchy and materialism, ...
The New Encyclopedia of the Occult (2003)
by John Michael Greer
etheric revenant used for the projection is typically taken from the practitioner's etheric body, but can also come from other sources. In etheric projection, the projected body has a much higher degree of solidity than in astral projection; the ...
Encyclopedia of Reincarnation and Karma (2010)
by Norman C. McClelland
Etheric revenant. This is an entity in which the soul ofa recently deceased has failed to separate it- self from the etheric body (and or astral body) in the second death as it is expected to do and which naturally delays its eventual rebirth.
Comprehensive Dictionary of Psychoanalysis (2009)
by Salman Akhtar
Redefining the revenant: guilt and sibling loss in Guntrip and Freud. Psychoanalytic Study of the Child, 43: 423–432 .
The Biographical Encyclopedia of Jazz (1999)
by the late Leonard Feather, the late Ira Gitler Professor of Jazz History Manhattan School of Music
Cecil Taylor (Revenant). MUSIKER, LEE ELLIOT, pno, kybds; b. Brooklyn, NY, 5/26/56. Father prof. cl., alto sax, fl.; moth. pl. and taught pno.; uncle , Sam Musiker, pl. cl. w. Gene Krupa. Early stud. w. father. Received B.A. in ...
Encyclopaedia of Environmental Pollution, Agriculture and Health Hazards: Population development, environment and health (2004)
by A. K. Shrivastava
However, other engineering interventions, such as drainage, housing, and irrigation scheme design, are also revenant in the tropics. One is unlikely to succeed in improving community health unless one understands it, and for a public health ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Revenant
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Revenant
FINAL FANTASY 12 REVENANT WING
Photo credit: odysseygate
Scrabble value of R1E1V4E1N1A1N1T1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of REVENANT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Revenant!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Revenant to see it in context!