Definition of the noun revenant
What does revenant mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: revenants
- a person who returns after a lengthy absence
- someone who has returned from the dead
Definition of the adjective revenant
What does revenant mean as an attribute of a noun?
- of or relating to or typical of a revenant
- example: revenant shrieks and groans
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
- coming back
"Revenant" is an action-RPG computer game by Cinematix Studios, released in 1999 by the publisher Eidos Interactive.
- also known as The Forsaken
- mode: Single-player video game, Multiplayer video game
- developers: Cinematix, Cinematix Studios
- genres: Fantasy, Action role-playing game, Adventure game, Role-playing video game, Action game, Action-adventure game
- publisher: Eidos Interactive
- released on (15 years ago)
- "Revenant" a.k.a. "Modern Vampires" is a 1998 black horror/comedy film that was released Oct 19, 1999 straight to video, written by Matthew Bright and directed by Richard Elfman.
- also known as The Revenant, Vamps
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Brad Wyman & Chris Hanley
- executive producer: H. Michael Heuser
- production design by Robyn Costa
- art direction by Peter Kanter & Stacie B. London
- written by Matthew Bright
- casting by Anne McCarthy & Mary Vernieu
- cinematography by Robin Brown
- edited by Larry Bock
- music by Michael Wandmacher, Danny Elfman
- costume design by Magda Berliner & Eduardo Lucero
- set decoration by Charlotte Gimfalk & A. Lombardo
- genres: Horror, Comedy, Romance Film
- released on (16 years ago)
- "Revenant" a.k.a. "An American Ghost Story": When Paul, an unemployed writer, decides to rent and live in a house that's rumored to be haunted, he puts his life and his relationships in danger. Stars Stephen Twardokus and Jon Gale.
- "Revenant" a.k.a. "Cemetery Dance" is a novel by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child released on May 12, 2009 by Grand Central Publishing. This is the ninth book in the Special Agent Pendergast series. During production, it was known by the pre-release title Revenant. The preceding novel is The Wheel of Darkness.
- "Revenant" is an original novel based on the U.S. television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- language: English Language
- author: Mel Odom
- genres: Horror, Fiction, Children's literature, Speculative fiction
- subject: Vampire
- copyright: 2001
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Revenant" is a book by Louise Cooper.
- genre: Speculative fiction
- subject: Music
- copyright: 1992-09
- Revenant was a death metal band formed in 1986 in northern New Jersey.
- Revenant is a musical group.
- album: "Retrieving Honor and Hatred"
Revenant a.k.a. Revenant Records is a record label based in Austin, Texas, which concentrates on folk and blues. Revenant was formed in 1996 by John Fahey and Dean Blackwood. Revenant's 2001 box set, Screamin' and Hollerin' the Blues: The Worlds of Charley Patton, won three Grammy Awards in 2003.
- official website: www.revenantrecords.com
- Revenant: A revenant is a visible ghost or animated corpse that was believed to return from the grave to terrorize the living. The word "revenant" is derived from the Latin word, reveniens, "returning".
- Revenant: In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game, the revenant is a type of fictional monster.
- Revenant a.k.a. Revenants in fiction: In fantasy fiction, a revenant is a sentient creature whose desire to fulfill a special goal allows it to return from the grave as a creature vaguely resembling an intelligent zombie or jiangshi. Another possibility is that a powerful wizard returns a dead hero from the past to make him go on a quest that no living human would dare to undertake. Such a revenant may be just as intelligent as it was in life but its will is usually bound by the wizard who summons and controls it.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Revenant
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Mary Ellen Snodgrass
revenant A variety of critics interpret the narrative poem as a cautionary tale to little girls, a literary rebellion against restrictions on female artists, an anti-fan- tasy on female freedom, an ALLEGORY on Victorian patriarchy and materialism, ...
by Simon J Bronner
®revenant, ̄. or returning spirit or ghost. Indeed, the subject of death in American folklife is a barometer of cultural attitudes toward life. special traditions for the burial and remembrance of loved ones.
The Blues Encyclopedia (2004)
by Edward Komara, Peter Lee
Hollerin' the Blues (Revenant 212). Bob Dylan has composed a popular tribute " High Water (for Charley Patton)." Other contemporary performers such as Alvin Youngblood Hart, Rory Block, Paul Geremia, Jo Ann Kelly, and Carlos del Junco ...
Flip Dictionary (2002)
by Barbara Kipfer
returns from the dead, one who: revenant returns to criminal habits, one who: recidivist reunite: reconcile, reconvene, rejoin revamp: recondition, reconstruct, rejuvenate, renew, renovate, repair, replenish reveal: admit, announce, bare, betray, ...
by Norman C. McClelland
Etheric revenant. This is an entity in which the soul ofa recently deceased has failed to separate it- self from the etheric body (and or astral body) in the second death as it is expected to do and which naturally delays its eventual rebirth.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Revenant
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Revenant
FINAL FANTASY 12 REVENANT WING
Photo credit: odysseygate
Scrabble value of R1E1V4E1N1A1N1T1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of REVENANT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Revenant!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Revenant to see it in context!