The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun reversal:
Comparison of usage frequency between the noun reversal and its most common antonym:
Definition of reversal
What does reversal mean?
- a change from one state to the opposite state
- an unfortunate happening that hinders or impedes; something that is thwarting or frustrating
- turning in an opposite direction or position
- a decision to reverse an earlier decision
- a judgment by a higher court that the judgment of a lower court was incorrect and should be set aside
- turning in the opposite direction
- synonyms of reversal: reverse / reversion / turnabout / turnaround
- more generic terms: change of direction / reorientation = the act of changing the direction in which something is oriented
- more specific terms:
- the act of reversing the order or place of
- a major change in attitude or principle or point of view
- The state of being reversed.
- An instance of reversing.
- A change in fortune; a change from being successful to having problems.
Phrases with reversal
- Time Reversal
- Magnetic Reversal
- change by reversal
"Reversal" is a 2001 movie about a high school wrestler, directed by Jimi Petulla. The movie, starring Danny Mousetis, chronicles the struggle of Leo Leone as he strives for the Pennsylvania state title and his dad's affection. Coached by his father, Edward Leone, he is constantly pushed towards this goal. He is forced to decide between the approval of his father or his own wishes as he feels the strain from years of training and making weight. The movie never made it to the mainstream public, however received vocal support from many leaders in the wrestling community such as Cael Sanderson and Kurt Angle.
- also known as A Fighting Chance
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Alan Vint
- producer: Albert Hasson
- executive producer: Jimi Petulla
- production design by Jory Adam
- written by Jimi Petulla
- cinematography by William H. Molina
- music by Jeff Danna
- costume design by Diane Collins
- genres: Sports, Drama, Romance Film
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (12 years ago)
- official website: www.reversalthemovie.com
"Reversal" is a musical EP of Sean Deason & CiM.
- released in (16 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for reversal
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Words from Jacob Levi Moreno (2007)
by Rosa Cukier
Role reversal is without risk the more solidly structured the two persons are who reverse roles. 10. Role reversal is a greater risk, at times contraindicated, if the ego of one person is minimally structured and the ego of the other maximally ...
Fight Fair (2010)
Winning at Conflict without Losing at Love by Tim Downs, Joy Downs
Reversal is a form of defensiveness.
Encyclopedia of Candlestick Charts (2012)
by Thomas N. Bulkowski
Table 5 Reversal Rates Description Explanation Closing price confirmation reversal rate Whichever direction represents a reversal of the price trend leading to the candle pattern, look for a higher/lower close the day after the candle pattern ...
The Encyclopedia of Card Play Techniques at Bridge (2007)
by Guy Leve
reversal. This technique involves making extra tricks out of the long trump hand, usually declarer's. Though quite simple in principle, it is often overlooked by a declarer too busy counting dummy's potential ruffs.
Encyclopedia of Psychopharmacology (2010)
by Ian P. Stolerman
''reversal learning'' is used much more widely and, particularly in studies of behavioral flexibility, it is most often used to refer to instrumental learning (▷ Instrumental conditioning) of a two-choice discrimination task, such as a T-maze or two ...
Male Infertility from A to Z: A Concise Encyclopedia (1996)
by J.A. Carver-Wa, J.M.G. Hollanders
UroL, 139,562 Related subjects: asthenozoospermia, leukocytospermia, physical examination — male infertility, scrotal temperature, spermatogenic arrest, ultrasonography, venography VASECTOMY, REVERSAL After successful reversal of ...
The Experimental Phenomena of Consciousness : A Brief Dictionary (2007)
A Brief Dictionary by Berkeley Talis Bachmann Professor of Psychology University of California, Berkeley Bruno Breitmeyer Professor of Psychology University of California, Berkeley Haluk Ogmen Professor of Psychology University of California
Figure-ground reversal typically implies depth reversal in terms of which part of the image appears to be located at a depth plane closer to the observer and which part appears more distant. In consciousness, it is virtually impossible to hold ...
The Law-dictionary: Explaining the Rise, Progress and Present State of the British Law (1820)
Defining and Interpreting the Terms Or Words of Art, and Comrising Also Copious Information on the Subjects of Trade and Government by Thomas Edlyne Tomlins
REVERSAL, Of Judgment ; Is the making it void for error ; and when, on the return of a writ of error, it appears that the judgment is erroneous, then the court give judgment Quod judicium revoceiur, adnulletur et penitus pro nulla habeatur. 2 Lill .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for reversal
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about reversal
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about reversal
Click on an item to play that video:
- Explanation of reversal of DQ's at NWT Championship
Anthony Wright explains the reversal of the DQ's at the National Walleye Tour championship. Six boats had been disqualified on day one due to not releasing t...
- A New Definition of a Real Creation(sex reversal of tilapia)
See also the pronunciation examples of reversal!
Scrabble value of R1E1V4E1R1S1A1L1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of REVERSAL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of reversal!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of reversal to find many related words and phrases!