Reversal appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Sevilla’s reversal lives!
- So, ten games reversal set on a node… do nanoteslas reverse magnetos?
- Seville dome-villas revere no canine men in acts I list: canine men in a cone reversal live model lives.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun reversal:
Comparison of usage frequency between the noun reversal and its most common antonym:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun reversal
- Phrases with Reversal
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Reversal
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Reversal
- Photos about Reversal
- Video language resources about Reversal
- Quotes about Reversal
- Scrabble value of R1E1V4E1R1S1A1L1
- Anagrams of REVERSAL
- Share this page
Reversal is a member of the word family reverse, included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
Definition of the noun reversal
What does reversal mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: reversals
- a change from one state to the opposite state
- example: there was a reversal of autonomic function
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- more generic term: change of state = the act of changing something into something different in essential characteristics
- more specific words: retrogression / retroversion / regression / reversion / regress = returning to a former state
- an unfortunate happening that hinders or impedes; something that is thwarting or frustrating
- turning in an opposite direction or position
- a decision to reverse an earlier decision
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonyms of reversal: change of mind / flip-flop / turnabout / turnaround
- more generic terms: deciding / decision making = the cognitive process of reaching a decision
- more specific terms: reconsideration / second thought / afterthought / rethink = thinking again about a choice previously made
- a judgment by a higher court that the judgment of a lower court was incorrect and should be set aside
- turning in the opposite direction
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of reversal: reverse / reversion / turnabout / turnaround
- more generic terms: change of direction / reorientation = the act of changing the direction in which something is oriented
- more specific terms:
- the act of reversing the order or place of
- a major change in attitude or principle or point of view
Alternative definition of the noun reversal
- The state of being reversed.
- An instance of reversing.
- A change in fortune; a change from being successful to having problems.
Specialised definition of the noun reversal
Glossary of sports / wrestling
a move in which a wrestler escapes from his opponent's hold and executes a move which gives him a controlling position (2005. Chambers Sports Factfinder. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd)
action in which the bottom wrestler reverses his position and comes to the top position in control
if the wrestler in the bottom position completely reverses the situation and comes to the top position in control, it is a reversal, worth one point
"Reversal" is a 2001 movie about a high school wrestler, directed by Jimi Petulla. The movie, starring Danny Mousetis, chronicles the struggle of Leo Leone as he strives for the Pennsylvania state title and his dad's affection. Coached by his father, Edward Leone, he is constantly pushed towards this goal. He is forced to decide between the approval of his father or his own wishes as he feels the strain from years of training and making weight. The movie never made it to the mainstream public, however received vocal support from many leaders in the wrestling community such as Cael Sanderson and Kurt Angle.
- also known as A Fighting Chance
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Alan Vint
- producer: Albert Hasson
- executive producer: Jimi Petulla
- production design by Jory Adam
- written by Jimi Petulla
- cinematography by William H. Molina
- music by Jeff Danna
- costume design by Diane Collins
- genres: Sports, Romance Film, Drama
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (13 years ago)
- official website: www.reversalthemovie.com
"Reversal" is a video game.
- genre: Strategy video game
- "Reversal" is a musical EP of Sean Deason & CiM.
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Reversal" a.k.a. "Reversal!" is a composition.
- music by Tsuyoshi Sekito
Phrases with Reversal
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Reversal
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Folk Phenomenology (2015)
Education, Study, and the Human Person by Samuel D. Rocha
Fergusson's translation is most helpful in this context, because the folkloric reversal is a movement-of-spirit,
The folkloric reversal is the rehearsal of that original demand, the retrieval of the originary stance of phenomenology (epochē) .
Fight Fair (2010)
Winning at Conflict without Losing at Love by Tim Downs, Joy Downs
Reversal is a form of defensiveness. Sometimes our objection is not to a...
The Sopranos and Philosophy (2012)
I Kill Therefore I Am by Richard Greene, Peter Vernezze
A reversal is a sudden change in a character's fortune.
by Alexander Davidson
The two-day reversal is an extended version of the above. On the first day, the share price moves to a new high, and closes at or near this level. On the second day, it opens at a similar level, but, by close, it will have retraced the entire first ...
by L. C. G. Rogers, David Williams
The problem with time reversal is that the Ray-Knight compactifications associated with X and X may be totally different and may induce different topologies on the initially given state-space. For the example that we have just been discussing, ...
by Brian Carson, Catherine Ramen
The process is called reversal or overturning the previous decision. The Supreme Court does not reverse itself lightly or often. When it does, it usuallyjustifies doing so for a number of reasons. For example, it may decide that the current case ...
by Michael C. Thomsett
Reversal is a point where action is taken. But then you realize that continuation is just as strong, even if it only tells you not to close a position just yet. It's another form of information, but trading wisdom comes from an open mind to all of the ...
The New Palgrave (1990)
Utility and Probability by John Eatwell, Murray Milgate, Peter Newman
Preference reversal is an experimentally observed phenomenon in which subjects, when asked to choose between suitably matched pairs of lotteries and then to state the lowest amount of money they would be willing to accept in exchange ...
by Thomas George Atkinson
when the point of reversal is obtained, no calculations have to be made, the neutralizing lens ...
by Thomas N. Bulkowski
Table 5 Reversal Rates Description Explanation Closing price confirmation reversal rate Whichever direction represents a reversal of the price trend leading to the candle pattern, look for a higher/lower close the day after the candle pattern ...
by J.A. Carver-Wa, J.M.G. Hollanders
Urol, 139,562 Related subjects: asthenozoospermia, leukocytospermia, physical examination - male infertilily, scrolol temperature, spermalogenic arrest, ultrasonography, venography VASECTOMY REVERSAL After successful reversal of ...
Physiological Optics, Being an Essay Contributed to the American Encyclopedia of Ophthalmology (1918)
by Charles Sheard
For example, if the meridian with its axis at 90° requires + 3 diopters to bring about a reversal at one meter and the meridian with its axis at 180° requires -j- 4 diopters, each meridian being operated upon separately, then the total lens quantity ...
by Salvatore Attardo
Reversal theory is a general psychological theory of motivation, emotion, and personality that has generated much research since the 1970s and con- tinues to be applied in such areas as sport coaching and management consultancy.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Reversal
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Reversal
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Reversal
Click on an item to play that video:
- Polynomials - Greatest Hits, Track 03: Polynomial Reversal (Definition + More Findings)
Polynomial Reversal, its definition, and connecting the dots to see another elegant fact about the general polynomial. ~~~LINKS:~~~ Track 02: ...
- Daily Recap: The Definition Of The Red Dog Reversal
Scott Redler, Chief Strategic Officer of T3 Live and T3 Trading Group, LLC. hosts the Daily Recap for Thursday, February 5, 2015, sharing trading ideas as well ...
- A New Definition of a Real Creation(sex reversal of tilapia)
- Reversal Meaning
Video shows what reversal means. The state of being reversed.. An instance of reversing.. A change in fortune; a change from being successful to having ...
- Explanation of reversal of DQ's at NWT Championship
- What Is The Definition Of Reversal of organs, total Medical School Terminology Dictionary
- Subject verb reversal on the SAT
See also the pronunciation examples of Reversal!
Quotes about Reversal
To recommend that women become identical to men, would be simple reversal, and would defeat the whole point of androgyny, and for that matter, feminism: in both, the whole point is choice. (Carolyn Heilbrun)
more quotes about reversal...
Scrabble value of R1E1V4E1R1S1A1L1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of REVERSAL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Reversal!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Reversal to see it in context!