The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective rich:
Comparison of usage frequency between the adjective rich and its most common antonyms:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective rich
- Definition of the noun rich
- Phrases with Rich
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Rich
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Rich
- Photos about Rich
- Videos about Rich
- Quotes about Rich
- Scrabble value of R1I1C3H4
- Anagrams of RICH
- Share this page
Rich is sometimes a misspelling of reach.
The word rich is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective rich
What does rich mean as an attribute of a noun?
Rich is one of the top 100 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: richer | richest
- possessing material wealth
- examples: her father is extremely rich | many fond hopes are pinned on rich uncles
- antonym: poor
- similar: affluent / flush / loaded / moneyed / substantial / wealthy; comfortable / easy / prosperous / well-fixed / well-heeled / well-off / well-situated / well-to-do
- attribute: financial condition = the condition of (corporate or personal) finances
- see also: abundant; privileged
- having an abundant supply of desirable qualities or substances (especially natural resources)
- examples: blessed with a land rich in minerals | rich in ideas | rich with cultural interest
- antonym: poor
- of great worth or quality
- example: a rich collection of antiques
- similar: valuable
- marked by great fruitfulness
- strong; intense
- very productive
- example: rich seams of coal
- similar: productive
- high in mineral content; having a high proportion of fuel to air
- suggestive of or characterized by great expense
- containing plenty of fat, or eggs, or sugar
- examples: rich desserts | they kept gorging on rich foods
- similar: unwholesome
- marked by richness and fullness of flavor
- pleasantly full and mellow
- example: a rich tenor voice
- similar: full
- affording an abundant supply
Definition of the noun rich
What does rich mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: riches
- people who have possessions and wealth (considered as a group)
- Rich a.k.a. Richard Branson: Sir Richard Charles Nicholas Branson is an English businessman and investor. He is best known as the founder of Virgin Group, which comprises more than 400 companies.
- read more about Richard Branson
- Rich a.k.a. Richard Pryor: Richard Franklin Lennox Thomas Pryor was an American comedian, actor, film director, social critic, satirist, writer, and MC.
- read more about Richard Pryor (comedian)
- Rich a.k.a. Richard Burton, CBE was a Welsh stage and cinema actor noted for his mellifluous baritone voice and his great acting talent. Establishing himself as a formidable Shakespearean actor in the 1950s, with a memorable performance of Hamlet in 1964, Burton was called "the natural successor to Olivier" by critic and dramaturg Kenneth Tynan. An alcoholic, Burton's failure to live up to those expectations disappointed critics and colleagues and fueled his legend as a great thespian wastrel.
- read more about Richard Burton (actor)
- Rich a.k.a. Rich Rodriguez: Richard Alan "Rich" Rodriguez is an American football coach and former player.
- read more about Rich Rodriguez
- Rich a.k.a. Rich Hall: Richard "Rich" Hall is an American comedian, writer and musician.
- read more about Rich Hall (comedian)
- Rich a.k.a. Richard Karn is an American actor and game show host. He is most well known for his co-starring role as Al Borland in the 1990s sitcom Home Improvement and his tenure as the host of Family Feud during the 2000s.
- read more about Richard Karn (actor)
- Rich a.k.a. Rich Moore is an American animation director and a business partner in Rough Draft Studios, best known for his work on The Simpsons, Futurama and Wreck-It Ralph.
- read more about Rich Moore
- Rich a.k.a. Rich Hill: Richard Joseph "Rich" Hill is an American professional baseball pitcher with the Boston Red Sox of Major League Baseball.
- read more about Rich Hill
- Rich a.k.a. Richelle Carey is a news anchor for Al Jazeera America. She was formerly a news anchor for HLN and correspondent for its Prime News broadcast. Carey joined HLN from KMOV-TV St. Louis, Missouri in May 2006 and left in June 2013. Prior to joining KMOV in the summer of 2003, Carey was the morning and afternoon news anchor at the Fox affiliate in Henderson-Las Vegas, Nevada.
- read more about Richelle Carey
- Rich a.k.a. Rich Ward: Richard Park "Rich" Ward is an American guitarist, also known by his stage name, "The Duke". Ward is best known as a founding member of Stuck Mojo, but he is also known as lead guitarist of heavy metal band, Fozzy.
- read more about Rich Ward
- Rich a.k.a. Richard Archer is an English singer-songwriter and guitarist. He is the lead vocalist, guitarist, principal songwriter and main composer of indie rock band Hard-Fi. Hard-Fi have produced several top 10 hits and two #1 albums. The influence of Archer's hometown of Staines is often evident in his lyrics. He used to front a band called Contempo from 1997 until 2001.
- read more about Richard Archer
- Rich a.k.a. Richard Iott: Richard Bradley "Rich" Iott is a President at Braeburn Entertainment, Ltd and was the 2010 Republican nominee for United States Representative for Ohio's 9th District. A lifelong resident of Ohio, he is a former grocery executive, and is now a film producer and an active investor in a number of small businesses.
- read more about Richard Iott
- Rich a.k.a. Richard Pettyfer is an Actor.
- read more about Richard Pettyfer (actor)
- Rich a.k.a. Richard Romano is the oldest child of Albert Romano and Lucie Romano. He is the older brother of Comedian Ray Romano and Teacher Robert Romano. He is the brother-in-law of Anna Romano. He also guest starred in his younger brother hit sitcom "Everybody Loves Raymond" for 5 episodes: "The Checkbook", "The Toaster", "Bachelor Party", "Just Formality" and "Golf for it". He played Sergeant Richard 'Rich' and Security in different episodes, also he played Sergeant Robert Barone, and Sergeant Judy's coworker in Everybody Loves Raymond. He also wrote a children's book with his two younger brothers Comedian Raymond Romano and Robert Romano, the book is called "Raymie, Dickie and the Bean, Why I love and hate my brothers." The character Robert Barone is the big combination between Richard Romano and Robert Romano.
- read more about Richard Romano (actor)
- Rich a.k.a. Rick Patrick is a pornographic actor.
- read more about Rick Patrick
- Rich a.k.a. Edward Walpole, alias Rich, was an English Roman Catholic convert, who became known as a Jesuit missioner and preacher. He passed up substantial estates that subsequently became part of the fortune of the Walpole political family.
- read more about Edward Walpole
- Rich appeared in the 2012 documentary film Free the Mind.
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Soldier
- Rich a.k.a. Richard Shankman is an actor.
- read more about Richard Shankman (actor)
- Rich is a musical artist.
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group Insolence (Bass guitar)
- Rich a.k.a. Richard Leacock is the brother of Viv Leacock.
- read more about Richard Leacock (actor)
- Rich is a fictional character from the 1997 film Good Will Hunting.
- Rich is a fictional character from the 2010 film Gun.
- Rich is a fictional film character.
- Rich is a fictional character in the 2011 drama film Take Shelter.
- Rich Christopher is a fictional character in the musical film Footloose.
- Rich is a fictional character from the 2013 film A Teacher.
- Rich is a fictional character from the book, Invitation to the Game.
- Rich is a fictional character in the 2011 comedy, drama, and musical film DaZe.
- Rich is a fictional character in the 2007 drama film Never Forever.
- Rich is a fictional character from the 1994 film The Road Killers.
- Rich is a fictional character from the film Machine.
- Rich is a fictional character from the 2002 film Insomnia.
- Rich is a fictional character from Zombie Chic 3D.
- Rich is a fictional character from the 2005 film Doll Graveyard.
There are other characters with in their name, like Rich Boy, Rich Man, Rich Girl, Daddy Rich, Rich Adams, Rich Woman, Rich Garcés, Rich Glover, Rich Munsch, Rich Stoker, Rich Walker, Richie Rich, Rich Collins, Rich Ferente, Rich Johnson, Rich Mullins, Richard Rich, The Rich Man, Poor Little Rich Girl and Get-Rich-Quick Wallingford.
- "Rich" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "Rich" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Lloyd Cole
- "Rich" is a musical single of Kirko Bangz.
Rich a.k.a. Rich, Mississippi: Rich is an unincorporated community within Coahoma County, Mississippi. Although it is unincorporated, the zip code is 38617. Thomas Harris grew up in the community. The elevation is 180 feet.
- read more about Rich, Mississippi
Phrases with Rich
Phrases starting with the word Rich:
- rich man
- Rich Text
- rich people
- rich person
- Rich's Seepweed
- Rich Tea Biscuit
- Rich Mountain Slitmouth
- Rich Mountain Salamander
- Rich Mountain Stygobromid
Phrases ending with the word Rich:
Other phrases containing the word Rich:
- oil-rich seed
- Too Rich For One's Blood
- it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God
View more phrases with the word Rich in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Rich
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
You Can Also Be Rich (2012)
70 Principles Followed by the Richest People in the World by Ion Varanita
Being rich means living every day commending and praising ...
London Encyclopaedia; Or, Universal Dictionary of Science, Art, Literature and Practical Mechanics (1829)
Comprising a Popular View of the Present State of Knowledge
Wet, dry, rich, &c. Wet. Wet, dry, rich, &. Wet, dry, &c. Wet. Wet. Wet, Wet. Wet. Wet . Wet. Wet. Wet. Wet. Wet. Wet, dry, &c. Wet. Wet. Wet. Wet. Wet. Wet. Wet. Wet. Wet. Wet. Wet, dry, rich, &c. Wet. Wet, dry, &c. Wet. Wet. Wet. Wet. Wet. Wet. Wet.
An Encyclopedia. Gay histories and cultures. Vol. 2
Adrienne Rich (1929–) suggests that heterosexuality is not simply the result of a natural attraction between men and women but is, in fact, an institution that is ...
Challenges in e-HRM by Torres-Coronas, Teresa
Subsequently, the dynamics of informal communication allow team members to use less 'rich' channels of communication. In addition, according to the channel expansion theory (Carlson & Smud, 1999), certain experiences of media users are ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Rich
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Rich
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: rich115
Enrolling Stones practice in Jason's basement (11/5/08)
Photo credit: merfam
Photo credit: KitAy
Photo credit: Rachele Pettarelli Ph
Photo credit: projectbamboo
Photo credit: meg.dai
Photo credit: quinn.anya
Photo credit: deanwissing
100 words Raw
Photo credit: Jem Yoshioka
Photo credit: jeremytarling
Photo credit: rhythmicdiaspora
Rich at poker night.
Photo credit: robad0b
Rich gas station located near Weston, WV.
Photo credit: ford8n
Rich doesn't like having his photo taken.
Photo credit: robad0b
Rich S stunned by the camera phone.
Photo credit: robad0b
Photo credit: Max Klingensmith
- Rich Madelino
Maryland State Senator, Rich Madaleno (Dist. 18)
Photo credit: Karen Smith Murphy
- Alan, Rich
September 21, 1996
Scanned from the original 35MM film negative.
Photo credit: Alan Light
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Rich
Click on an item to play that video:
- Rich Mortl's Omnitrition Drops Explanation
Rich's personal view and suggestions for the Omnitrition Drops Program.
- Definition of a Literacy rich Environment
- Rich Vocabulary - Rindfleischetikettierungsgesetz | MT talks #12
The twelfth MT talk is devoted to languages with a large number of distinct word forms. Regardless if the underlying reason is productive word formation (e.g. ...
- Rich Introduction (explanation)
- Four Square Vocabulary Cards: Providing a Rich Context for New Words
Analyzing a vocabulary word in four different ways expands students' vocabulary, promotes critical thinking and helps students to commit the meaning of words ...
- Rich Vocabulary
Student Presenting her rationale.
- "Courage Ministry and the Importance of Using Correct Terminology" - Fr Rich Perozich 2000
Courage Ministry and the Importance of Using Correct Terminology Fr Rich Perozich. Given at the annual Courage Conference in year 2000.
- Rich Meaning
Video shows what rich means. Wealthy: having a lot of money and possessions.. Having a fatty, intense flavour.. Plentiful, abounding, abundant, fulfilling.. rich ...
- Where's The Meaning of Christmas Gone - Rich Blankenship
- Think and Grow Rich | The hidden meaning
In the book Think and Grow Rich, most people do not understand that the very first thing that you must work on is your mind. Almost all of the wealth that you will ...
- Robert Kiyosaki's Definition of Wealth from Rich Dad Poor Dad
Real estate investor Shauwn Digman of Passive Equity, LLC explains the definition of wealth as described in Robert Kiyosaki's "Rich Dad, Poor Dad."
- Oral Language & Rich Vocabulary Development
E370 Tech Project #1.
- Obama's Definition of "Rich" Keeps Dropping
Tax hikes to support all the crazy spendings.
- TAJIRI WA KWELI NI YESU MEANING "The truly rich Jesus" By Jane kimani
Song from the album "BABA ANAKUJUA" No matter what you may be going through today, you can trust that God is for you.
- Mr. Rich's Explanation of the Advisory Summer Reading Program
- The Funniest Explanation of How To Get Rich in Real Estate
- Rich Water Fulvo - few words of explanation
Rich Water FULVO is an acidic water conditioner which helps to replicate the shrimps natural environment. It's a very helpful aid especially for those who keep ...
- Costume Party - Rich in Meaning - Live In The Home Studio
Download the latest EP "Letters To The Editor" -...
- StormTracker U: Meteorologist Rich Rogers explains tropical terminology
- Linda Horn Inspires | What is Your Definition of Rich
"What is Your Definition of Rich?" Do you know how to achieve wealth in today's ever changing world? Linda serves up the meat and potatoes of the most ...
- Revealed at TEDx: The Surprising Power of Language to Make You Rich
Hilary Hendershott's talk revealed at TEDx: The Surprising Power of Language to Make You Rich.
- Leadership and Language - with Rich Litvin
Rich Litvin discusses the power of using leadership and language as a coach. There are 2 keys to being a coach with power and impact that are rarely spoken ...
- 7 Steps to Building a Language Rich Classroom
This video provides an overview of the seven steps to building a language rich classroom.
- Speak Their Language - Rich Cox
How do you talk to your prospects and clients? The language you use is the difference between booking clients and wondering why they go with something else.
- Sarah Rich, ESL Teacher
- Video Response Become a Rich Teacher ESL How to Teach English Get Rich Overseas
- TheKnitGirllls Ep 232 - Adjective Rich
TheKnitGirllls Ep 232 - Adjective Rich from TheKnitGirllls. Like this? Watch the latest episode of TheKnitGirllls on Blip!
- JVM Language Summit - Conclusion of Rich Hickey, Clojure
- LPD "D Verb" digital analog reverb pedal great tone belton module rich clear sound
Here is a demo for the updated version...
- The 30 Million-Word Gap: Providing Language Rich Environments for Dual Language Preschoolers
As part of an ongoing series on early development and learning, national experts Catherine Snow and Jeannette Mancilla-Martinez discuss language and ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Rich!
Quotes about Rich
Because parents are rich
I am not rich.
Because brothers or sisters
Or in-laws are rich,
Because own children are rich
I am no richer.
Unless I myself am rich
I cannot be rich.
Too late to understand
And hence poor I went.
Agartala (Rm. Shanmugam Chettiar)
more quotes about rich...
Scrabble value of R1I1C3H4
The value of this 4-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of RICH
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Rich!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Rich to see it in context!