On this page:
- Definition of the noun rima
- Phrases with Rima
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Rima
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Rima
- Photos about Rima
- Video language resources about Rima
- Quotes about Rima
- Scrabble value of R1I1M3A1
- Anagrams of RIMA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun rima
What does rima mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: rimae
- a narrow elongated opening or fissure between two symmetrical parts
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- more generic words: opening / orifice / porta = an aperture or hole that opens into a bodily cavity
- more specific terms:
- oral fissure / oral cavity / rima oris / mouth = the opening through which food is taken in and vocalizations emerge
- pudendal cleavage / urogenital cleft / pudendal cleft / pudendal slit / rima pudendi / rima vulvae / vulvar slit = the fissure between the labia majora
- rima glottidis / glottis vera / rima vocalis / true glottis = the space between the two true vocal folds
- rima respiratoria / glottis spuria / rima vestibuli / false glottis = the opening between the false vocal folds
Alternative definition of the noun rima
- [anatomy] A cleft or gap between two symmetrical parts, particularly between the vocal folds.
- [astronomy] A crack or fissure on a lunar or planetary surface; a rille.
- Rima a.k.a. Reema Lagoo is an Indian actress who has appeared in numerous Marathi as well as Hindi films and television shows. She has had a presence on Marathi stage for nearly four decades. She has played a lead role in marathi serial "TUJA MAJA JAMENA".
- read more about Reema Lagoo (actress)
- Rima a.k.a. Rima Kallingal is an Indian model and film actress, predominantly appearing in Malayalam cinema.
- read more about Rima Kallingal (actress)
Rima is a musical group.
- Rima, also known as Rima the Jungle Girl, is the fictional heroine of W. H. Hudson's 1904 novel Green Mansions: A Romance of the Tropical Forest. In it, Rima, a primitive girl of the shrinking rain forest of South America, meets Abel, a political fugative. A movie of Green Mansions was made in 1959 with Audrey Hepburn as Rima. In 1974, the character, Rima, was adapted into a comic book character and featured in the monthly series Rima the Jungle Girl, published by DC Comics. Though Rima the Jungle Girl ceased publication in 1975, the comic book version of Rima appeared in several episodes of Hanna-Barbera's popular Saturday morning cartoon series, The All-New Superfriends Hour, between 1977 and 1980.
- Rima is a fictional character from the 1959 film Green Mansions.
- Rima is a fictional character from the 2012 film The Blindfold.
- Rima a.k.a. Rirumu is a fictional character in the anime Mirmo! and the "Murumoya" sequel.
- read more about Rirumu
- Rima is a fictional character from the 2013 film Nadodimannan.
- Rima is a fictional character in the 2007 comedy, drama, romance film Caramel.
- Rima is a fictional character from the 1984 film Dalam Pelukan Dosa.
- Rima is a fictional character in the 2013 fillm Condom Lead.
- Rima is a fictional character from the 2012 film 74.
- Rima is a fictional character from the 1996 film The Successor.
- "Rima" is a musical album of Moana & The Tribe.
- released on
- "Rima" is a musical EP of Motion Turns It On.
- released on (7 years ago)
- Rima a.k.a. rpmH is a gene.
- rima is a provenance, attribution.
Phrases with Rima
Phrases starting with the word Rima:
Phrases ending with the word Rima:
- Genus Rima
- terza rima
- ottava rima
- Molgula Rima
- Polycarpa Rima
- Porioides rima
- Colanthura Rima
- Keilbachia Rima
- Rimakoroga rima
- Degeeriella Rima
- Gentianella Rima
- Macroteleia Rima
- Rhyacophila rima
- Califanthura Rima
View more phrases with the word Rima in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Rima
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Riting Myth, Mythic Writing (2012)
Plotting Your Personal Story by Dennis Patrick Slattery
The terza rima is a patterned structure and a methodology of becoming more conscious about the story and its invisible patterns guiding its genesis and development. Terza rima is a duplicative knowing wherein some insight is mirrored both ...
Writing and Reading of Verse (1920)
by Clarence Edward Andrews
Term rima is a continuous form composed of pentameter tercets, each linked to the preceding tercet by the rime scheme (060, bcb, cdc,
Terza rima is the form of Dante's Divina Commedia; it has not been used to any great extent in English.
Islamic Finance in an African Context by Dr Basheer A Oshodi
53,inRima 2012). Spiritual CapitalTheory is basedonLessem and Schieffer's IntegralResearch approach,drawing on wisdom andindigenous knowledge ofallfour worlds.Rima refers to integralresearch, inthis context, as holistic and relational ...
A Companion to Poetic Genre (2011)
by Erik Martiny
Laurence Binyon, “Terza Rima in English Poetry” English, 1940 The one thing everybody knows about terza rima is that it was first used by Dante for the Commedia, invented by him for the purpose. The second is that there is a paucity of ...
Acta of the International Dante Symposium, 13-16 November 1983, Hunter College, New York by Giuseppe C. Di Scipio, Aldo D. Scaglione
From first discovering in the starting lines that the principle of continuity in the terza rima is a mathematical formula2 until finally encountering Dante's ambitious geometric metaphors in the climactic cantos of the Paradiso, the reader is ...
Our Random Thoughts (2016)
Reminiscences by Mohamed M. Yousif
Rima is a little bit better.
The Natural Genesis (1883)
Or, Second Part of A Book of the Beginnings, Containing an Attempt to Recover and Reconstitute the Lost Origines of the Myths and Mysteries, Types and Symbols, Religion and Language, with Egypt for the Mouthpiece and Africa as the Birthplace by Gerald Massey
Rima is the Hand in Polynesia. Lum is No. 10 in Dsarawa. And these types are correlative under one name because of thej' qe ad! 1 digital origin in the limb. This base of beginning is well shown in) / the Celebes Ternati dialect where Rinzoi is ...
The Natural Genesis - (2007)
by Gerald Massey
Rima is the Hand in Polynesia. Lum is No. 10 in Dsaraw*. And these types are correlative under one name because of the digital origin in the limb. This base of beginning is well shown in the Celebes Ternati dialect where Rimoi is Number 1 ...
by Oscar Mandel
The ottava rima is an eight-line stanza, ...
Poetry Dictionary (2006)
by John Drury
TERZA RIMA (tare'-tsuh ree'-muh; Italian, "third rhyme") *Tercets with an interwoven rhyme scheme, invented by Dante Alighieri for The Divine Comedy: aba bcb cdc ded efefgf etc. The poem (or individual section, called a * canto by Dante) ...
by Edward Boden
Rima is a term meaning a crack or fissure, applied to any narrow natural opening, e.g. rima glottidis, the space between the vocal cords. Ring-Bones 605 Rinderpest (Cattle Plague) Rinderpest (cattle plague) is an.
sonnets, couplets,and terza rima, while delving into varied themes,some deadlyserious like the onset ofthe AIDS epidemic and the death offriends and others comic and deadpan, skimming the collective unconsciousness of consumerculture ...
Approaches, Scholars, Terms by Irene Rima Makaryk
Approaches, Scholars, Terms Irene Rima Makaryk. poetics of expressiveness is analogous to the multilevelled 'Meaning-Text' model of primary natural language; in other respects, it complements the natural-language model by a offering a ...
by Francis Aloysius Bogadek
značajan; izvanredan; neobičan; divan Remarkableness (rima'rkablnes), n. značajnost; neobičnost; znatnost; čudnovatost Ramarkably (rima'rkabli), ...
by Roland Greene, Stephen Cushman, Clare Cavanagh, Jahan Ramazani, Paul F. Rouzer, Harris Feinsod, David Marno, Alexandra Slessarev
Dante chose the tercet with interlocking rhymes (*terza rima) for the stanza of the Divine Comedy, whence it spread to the other vernacular poetries. In those versions of the * sonnet ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Rima
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Rima
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Rima
Click on an item to play that video:
- Rima Meaning
Video shows what rima means. A cleft or gap between two symmetrical parts, particularly between the vocal folds.. A crack or fissure on a lunar or planetary ...
- RIMA Meaning
Video shows what RIMA means. Reversible inhibitor of monoamine oxidase type-A.. RIMA Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- Spelling of english vocabulary by Rima Nurfadila (17613710)
- Command Language ,Materi Kuliah IMK, Bahan Ajar Command Language [Rima /dosen ifan rizqa] UDINUS
Materi Kuliah Command Language, Cara Mudah Belajar Interaksi Manusia Komputer, Artikel Bahan Ajar Command Language, Tips Trik Belajar Pengantar ...
View more videos about Terza rima.
See also the pronunciation examples of Rima!
Quotes about Rima
Scrabble value of R1I1M3A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of RIMA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Rima!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Rima to see it in context!