On this page:
Definition of the noun ring mail
What does ring mail mean as a name of something?
- (Middle Ages) flexible armor made of interlinked metal rings
- domain: Dark Ages / Middle Ages
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of ring mail: chain armor / chain armour / chain mail / mail / ring armor / ring armour
- more generic terms: body armor / body armour / cataphract / coat of mail / suit of armor / suit of armour = armor that protects the wearer's whole body
- more specific words:
- brigandine = a medieval coat of chain mail consisting of metal rings sewn onto leather or cloth
- habergeon = a light sleeveless coat of chain mail worn under the hauberk
- hauberk / byrnie = a long (usually sleeveless) tunic of chain mail formerly worn as defensive armor
- gusset / voider = a piece of chain mail covering a place unprotected by armor plate
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ring Mail
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
For the Use of Students by John R. Clark Hall
ring mail (armour). bringlooa sm. coat of ring-mail, corslet. hring-mœl,-mœled adj .ornamented with, or marked with circular characters (of a sword). Bko. 1565. bringmere sn. bath. hringnaca sm. ring- prowed ship. Bko.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ring Mail
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ring Mail
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: moppet65535
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Anagrams of RING MAIL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Ring Mail!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Ring Mail to find many related words and phrases!