Rises appears in the following tongue twister:
- Out in the pasture the nature watcher watches the catcher. While the catcher watches the pitcher who pitches the balls. Whether the temperature's up or whether the temperature's down, the nature watcher, the catcher and the pitcher are always around. The pitcher pitches, the catcher catches and the watcher watches. So whether the temperature's rises or whether the temperature falls the nature watcher just watches the catcher who's watching the pitcher who's watching the balls.
(by Sharon Johnson)
On this page:
"Rises" is a musical album of Blue Sunset.
- released on
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Rises
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The overriding change observed as the number of top firms considered dominators increases or the minimum threshold number of firms in the regional industry rises is that there is a large decline in sample sizes and consequently the ...
In Solidarity (2014)
Essays on Working-Class Organization and Strategy in the United States by Kim Moody
The reason the ratio rises is that productivity increases.
by D. Traber
The Sun Also Rises is a novel of process, a working through these ironies that never reaches a sure conclusion. Indeed, the predominance of irony is the way Hemingway advocates a double vision that refuses monolithic paradigms. And it is ...
On the Basis of Dr. Gregory's Comprehending the Latest Improvements in Every Branch of Useful Knowledge by James Mitchell
Supinator radii brevis, rises from the outer condyle of the os humeri, and the ulna. It is inserted into the radius. 14. Abductor pollicis longus, rises from the ulna, interosseous ligament, and radius. It is inserted into the os trapezium, and first bone ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis, Or, Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, Etc. : Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
LóNiceRA caprifoliu M, the Italian honeysuckle, rises with shrubby declinated stalks, fending out long slender trailing branches, terminated by verticillate or whorled bunches of closefitting flowers, very fragrant, and white, red, and yellow ...
The Universal Gardener and Botanist: Or, A General Dictionary of Gardening and Botany ... The Second Edition. Carefully Revised ... and Very Much Enlarged, Etc (1797)
by Thomas MAWE (and ABERCROMBIE (John) Horticulturist.)
Rises with several round smooth stem s, two feet high; narrow, rough, trinervous, slightlyserrated leaves, and terminated by corymbous panicles, with recurved spikes of ascending ...
Encyclopaedia Metropolitana (1845)
Or Universal Dictionary of Knowledge ... Comprising the Twofoldadvantage of a Philosophical and an Alphabetical Arrangement, with Appropriate Engravings by Edward Smedley
Moo* 0| rises 8 51 9 58 ...
containing a description of the empires, kingdoms, states, provinces, cities, towns, forts, seas, harbours, rivers, lakes, mountains, capes, &c. in the known world ... to which are added, the Constitution of the United States, and the constitutions of the respective states : illustrated by a neat coloured map of the United States by Richard Brookes, William Darby
It rises in the mountains of Irac Ajemi, flows S, and falls into the Shat ul Arab, or low Euphrates. It is the Ulai of the Scriptures. Ancram, or Gallatin, township of New York, in Columbia county, remarkable for its extensive iron works ; about 20 ...
Containing the Names of All the Towns, Villages, Hamlets, Gentlemen's Seats, &c. in the County of York. A Brief History of Places Most Remarkable for Antiquities; Biographical Notices of Eminent Persons, &c by Thomas Langdale
The RIBBLE rises in the wapentake of Ewcross, about 11 miles north of Settle; it runs south by Horton, Settle, Gisburn-Park, Clitheroe, ...
Encyclopædia metropolitana; or, Universal dictionary of knowledge, ed. by E. Smedley, Hugh J. Rose and Henry J. Rose. [With] Plates (1845)
by Edward Smedley
Capella rises. E F. VI. •2 B F. VI. 2 The Compitalia.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Rises
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video language resources about Rises
Click on an item to play that video:
- Dark Knight Rises: FIRST BANE PHOTO, Chanting Meaning
- Dark Knight Rises Ending Explanation and Theories
- Surjewala Best explanation : Price rises of Onion due to miss management Location
- Ascent of 'National language' rises on Raisina Hill in Modi government - Tv9 Gujarati
The ascent of the National Language, Hindi rises in Modi government be it Upper and Lower houses, Prime Minister's Office or powerful ministries of defense, ...
- ESL CBS 29 Jesus Rises From the Dead - Scripture
- ESL CBS 29 Jesus Rises From the Dead - Introduction
- ESL CBS 29 Jesus Rises From the Dead - More Information
- *UPTATE ON DARK KNIGHT RISES* Leaked out Description
- Project Description - When The Bottom Rises
- [ The Sun Rises From Izumo ] August 21, 2013 - English Language
- The Pun Also Rises How the Humble Pun Revolutionized Language Changed History and Made
The Pun Also Rises How the Humble Pun Revolutionized Language Changed History and Made Donwload Here ...
View more videos about The Dark Knight Rises.
See also the pronunciation examples of Rises!
Quotes about Rises
Stars set black
As dawn awakens
The unyielding skies
From slumbers grasp
Dons her mask
To meet the day
Another day (Chuck Cowan)
more quotes about rises...
Scrabble value of R1I1S1E1S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine